• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don’t really agree with the “everything Disney is doing is so generic” critique I often see repeated these days. That said, this space sure does look pretty generic. 😂

Not exactly sure what I was expecting and I’m certainly no designer, just feels a little plain?

Thoughts?

Completely agree. Very plain and boring. Not very boarwalky. Looks like it could be in any hotel anywhere.

Maybe they'll add some more something to the walls in the seating area? I'm glad there is a seating area and I like the colors. I do hope they eventually extend the hours. It would be nice to have an indoors place to pick up a snack/coffee after 4pm. It's WDW, I'm know I'm not the only one wanting coffee after 4pm :laughing:

I don’t really agree with the “everything Disney is doing is so generic” critique I often see repeated these days. That said, this space sure does look pretty generic. 😂

Not exactly sure what I was expecting and I’m certainly no designer, just feels a little plain?

Thoughts?

Oh my. Let’s hope someone (anyone?!) can get a bit more creative with it over time 😬

I am renting DVC Points from a family friend. He owns at Wilderness Lodge but we like BWV. So, the 7th month mark is coming up next week. He has 210 points, which is enough to get 7 Nights in a 1 Bedroom Std View. Does anyone know how likely we are to get that at the 7th month mark. We will be going August 5-12th.

I am renting DVC Points from a family friend. He owns at Wilderness Lodge but we like BWV. So, the 7th month mark is coming up next week. He has 210 points, which is enough to get 7 Nights in a 1 Bedroom Std View. Does anyone know how likely we are to get that at the 7th month mark. We will be going August 5-12th.
Chances are looking pretty good, it’s fully available that entire week and pretty much the entire month of July before it still. Good luck!

Maybe they'll add some more something to the walls in the seating area? I'm glad there is a seating area and I like the colors. I do hope they eventually extend the hours. It would be nice to have an indoors place to pick up a snack/coffee after 4pm. It's WDW, I'm know I'm not the only one wanting coffee after 4pm :laughing:
I had an evening flight home one summer. I showered in the fitness center, and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the lobby. I didn't want to go outside and get all sweaty before my flight. The gift shop in the lobby had bottled soda and pretzels, that was about it. I was hoping that the new coffee shop would have food available for people who wanted to stay inside.

I suppose if I were in the same situation now, I could have Grub Hub or Door Dash deliver food to me in the lobby. That wasn't something I had done back then.

Based on availability at the current 7 months window, it looks pretty likely it will be available.

Chances are looking pretty good, it’s fully available that entire week and pretty much the entire month of July before it still. Good luck!
Thank You!! Fingers crossed! We normally get BWV or Pool View but would need 48 more points for that. Will be happy to get this!!

I had an evening flight home one summer. I showered in the fitness center, and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the lobby. I didn't want to go outside and get all sweaty before my flight. The gift shop in the lobby had bottled soda and pretzels, that was about it. I was hoping that the new coffee shop would have food available for people who wanted to stay inside.

I suppose if I were in the same situation now, I could have Grub Hub or Door Dash deliver food to me in the lobby. That wasn't something I had done back then.
Photos I saw in a different post show some wrapped premade sandwiches in the refrigerator case as well as a nice selection of beverages. I think we’ll be happy with that on the occasions when we arrive between lunchtime and supper time and want something light.

In general, late July and all of August are the easiest dates to book a DVC room.

It's still tough to get the 3 hardest to book Studios (AKV-Club, AKV-Value, BWV-Standard) but one-bedrooms are looking good!

Hi there! Currently deciding between BWI and Yacht Club for our trip in May. Wondering if anyone here has any insights on how much the refurbishments going on at Boardwalk might affect our experience? We honeymooned at Disney almost 10 years ago and I remember walking through BWI and thinking that someday I would be in a a position to stay there. Now we are ready to go for our 10th anniversary, but we go so rarely I’m slightly scared of having construction or noise put a damper on our magical experience!

In general, late July and all of August are the easiest dates to book a DVC room.

It's still tough to get the 3 hardest to book Studios (AKV-Club, AKV-Value, BWV-Standard) but one-bedrooms are looking good!
Thanks. I thought that the 1 Bedrooms were the easiest to get. I knew the Studios were the first to go - but I like having the extra room and he rents us points at $11 a points. Can't beat that!!

Anyone currebntly there seeing info about New Years activities?

Also does the construction on the boardwalk upset the ambiance and feel of the Boardwalk? I wouldnt think so because espn was kind of off to the side but I havent seen it yet so just curious?

Thoughts?

Everything I have seen from this retheming has been poor. It's unfortunate because on paper the changes generally sound good, e.g. putting a coffee shop in the lobby, but everything so far looks like a generic hotel. Also, why was no refill station added in the coffee shop?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter