Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I haven't found them to be all that bad even at the furthest. Nothing like many other resorts.
That's because the BWI has one of the smallest room counts of all the resorts at 371 Guest rooms.

I think only the WL Noth Wing is slightly smaller since the conversion of the South Wing to DVC.

Dave

New BoardWalk Deli Sandwich Shop Opening This Summer at Walt Disney World

Amid the changes to Disney’s BoardWalk, the new BoardWalk Deli will open this summer at Walt Disney World.
BoardWalk-Deli-2-1200x674.jpg

Disney released images previewing some of the menu items. It will be a Northeastern-style deli with a brand-new menu that will include fresh deli sandwiches, fresh baked breads, and a selection of bakery items.

42459129-3E67-425A-AA75-5A38B4584848.jpeg

I was thinking about booking the BWI CL. One of the person in our group will have a scooter. I was told that to get to the CL one has to use two different elevators. Is that true? How much of a pain is that for someone in a scooter?

Are all the CL rooms on the same floor as the lounge?

Thank you in advance,
Rich

I was thinking about booking the BWI CL. One of the person in our group will have a scooter. I was told that to get to the CL one has to use two different elevators. Is that true? How much of a pain is that for someone in a scooter?

Thank you in advance,
Rich
It's not bad. You take the elevator from 4th down to the main floor. Then it's a short distance across to the elevator that takes you to the boardwalk level. We've done it many times.
Most people who can opt for the stairs down to the boardwalk. That means fewer people use the 2nd elevator.
BWI CL is lovely. We are booked in Feb, can't wait!

Thank you in advance,
Rich
All but some Deluxe CL rooms and the Cottages are on the same floor as the CL

You do not have to take 2 elevators to reach CL in most cases. The main lobby and entrance of BWI is on the 2nd floor. To go to CL, you go up the elevator off the 2nd floor. If you want to go down to the Boardwalk, you go down an elevator. If you are returning from Boardwalk then yes, you do take 2 elevators, one to reach 2nd floor and then another to reach the rooms.

does amazon primenow work fine at boardwalk villa for regular groceries and alcohol? can they leave the food at bell services or do we need to be present?

does amazon primenow work fine at boardwalk villa for regular groceries and alcohol? can they leave the food at bell services or do we need to be present?
I ordered from Amazon Prime in November and had to meet the driver out front of the BW. The driver texted me when they arrived. i may be wrong but I don’t think they’ll leave them with bell services.

I ordered from Amazon Prime in November and had to meet the driver out front of the BW. The driver texted me when they arrived. i may be wrong but I don’t think they’ll leave them with bell services.
that is in general or with orders containing alcohol only?

that is in general or with orders containing alcohol only?
I think in general. Not 100% sure though because our order had alcohol.

We had our order in the cart before we left home and placed the order once we were headed to the BW from MCO. They says it’s two hours for delivery but ours was there in 1:30. Had time to get to our room and then just walked down to meet the delivery driver.

I ordered from Amazon Prime in November and had to meet the driver out front of the BW. The driver texted me when they arrived. i may be wrong but I don’t think they’ll leave them with bell se
I have had a few different services delivered at BW and they all left them at Bell Services. We did not order alcohol though.

so is it worth ordering groceries compared to buying at screen door general store? I understand screen door is more expensive, but how much more expensive? I was planning to buy just a few things, like milk, cereal, a 12 pack soda can, and 2 or 3 bottles of wine, banana and strawberry. not sure if it is worth all the hassle of ordering online if we plan to eat at the parks every day, with just some snacking in the morning for the kids (hence milk, cereal and fruits)

This may belong in a different thread of posts, but I have rented a DWI Villa for a studio. My reservation begins 9/11/22. I read boardwalk doesn't take fax room requests, so here's a few questions:

1. Does Boardwalk Villas take Fax room requests?
2. If not or if they do, when should I call/fax to make a room request? How far in advance?

Thank you!

The Screen Door may be higher priced items but if you want an idea there is a Grocery service from the Screen Door for the BWV and have your groceries delivered directly to your Villa or Studio on your check-in day by 5 PM.

Here is grocery order list with prices so you can decide if it saves you money or is simply more convenient vs an offsite delivery service.

The source of this file is posted here: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/boardwalk-villas/amenities-recreation/

It is dates 2021 and it is almost the last box on the page Grocery Orders. Only item below this Pet Care information.

Dave

Attachments

• BW_Grocery_Order_Form_July_2021.pdf
    60 KB · Views: 10
This may belong in a different thread of posts, but I have rented a DWI Villa for a studio. My reservation begins 9/11/22. I read boardwalk doesn't take fax room requests, so here's a few questions:

1. Does Boardwalk Villas take Fax room requests?
2. If not or if they do, when should I call/fax to make a room request? How far in advance?

Thank you!
If you’re renting a BWV studio from a DVC member, the member must submit your requests to Member Services via chat/email/phone. Some guests submit requests via an independent online service. Either way, guests seem to have the same chance of having their requests fulfilled (some do, some don’t).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter