Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Can anyone recommend a good request for a Garden view room? We specifically didn't want water due to noise, but I would like a nice view and something not too far from the elevators down to the lobby. Thanks. Pictures would be great too. I can't seem to see them in this original thread!
If you have a garden view room and request close to lobby, you may end up with a view of the village green. I love that area, its kind of a boardwalk view. We didn't find it noisy but ymmv.

Can anyone recommend a good request for a Garden view room? We specifically didn't want water due to noise, but I would like a nice view and something not too far from the elevators down to the lobby. Thanks. Pictures would be great too. I can't seem to see them in this original thread!
On the BW Inn side or the BW Villas (DVC) side? I’m not familiar with Garden view on the Inn side, but for Garden view on the Villas side, ask for “view of Village Green.” It’s close to the elevator and looks onto the courtyard on the Boardwalk side of the building. Otherwise, a request for “near elevator” on the Villas side would put you overlooking the Luna Park pool, which can be noisy, especially in the afternoon when the CMs are leading activities. The view of the quiet pool on the Villas side is quieter but also farther from the elevator.

We always book Garden View & I request a view of the quiet pool. It's on the Inn side & is set in a really pretty courtyard w/ lots of trees, bushes & greenery. I've never seen more than a handful of people at the pool so it's very peaceful & quiet. Depending on which way your room faces you can have a view of the "cottages" & the pretty gardens fronting each of them as well.

We always book Garden View & I request a view of the quiet pool. It's on the Inn side & is set in a really pretty courtyard w/ lots of trees, bushes & greenery. I've never seen more than a handful of people at the pool so it's very peaceful & quiet. Depending on which way your room faces you can have a view of the "cottages" & the pretty gardens fronting each of them as well.
Thanks...very helpful!

I know that you guys don't have a crystal ball, but we are going to BWV in Feb 2023. chances of the room refurbs being done by that time?

I know that you guys don't have a crystal ball, but we are going to BWV in Feb 2023. chances of the room refurbs being done by that time?
BRV at WL is ahead of the BWV in the refurb line, and there’s no sign of those refurbs beginning yet, just some unusual availability that suggests it might start toward the end of the year (and last several months). So I don’t expect BWV to begin until much later in 2023.

Many years ago we made frequent trips to the Boardwalk Inn. While I don't think it is an official view, I would request an Epcot view. On our first visit the view off of our balcony was the top of the Eiffel Tower. On another visit we saw Spaceship Earth. We also once had a room that looked out over the gardens of the Garden Cottages. They were all quiet views except, of course, during the Epcot fireworks.

All of our rooms ended up looking out over the Garden courtyard, the quiet pool, or the courtyard fountain. The fountain view was particularly nice and felt quite isolated. Here is a picture from early December some years ago.

1654968859603.jpeg

I should mention that the quiet pool view we had was at the very end of the wing, a bit of a walk from the elevator. Take a peek at google maps satellite view for the Inn and you'll see what I mean.

We have our first Boardwalk Inn stay this August 12-21. Are there any current refurbs going on with the resort or are they all upcoming later this year and into 2023? Any info or details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- manooly

Does anyone have the photo handy that shows the difference between the deluxe CL rooms with the large balcony and the ones with the small balcony? Or a link to one? I think the only real way to tell was from the outside looking up at them, or at least the photos I’ve seen showed them that way. I know I’ve seen photos around over the years, but of course can’t find them when I want them. I tried searching but didn’t find the photo, just the info about the differences between the deluxe rooms. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have the photo handy that shows the difference between the deluxe CL rooms with the large balcony and the ones with the small balcony? Or a link to one? I think the only real way to tell was from the outside looking up at them, or at least the photos I’ve seen showed them that way. I know I’ve seen photos around over the years, but of course can’t find them when I want them. I tried searching but didn’t find the photo, just the info about the differences between the deluxe rooms. Thanks in advance.
The five 3rd floor BWI Deluxe CL rooms do have a bigger balcony but it's not like it's HUGE compared to the 4th floor Deluxe CL balconies. I'd be shocked it it were even a foot bigger. Either way, best view ever. Have watch many wedding parties, including very expensive cars, driving down the boardwalk toward the wedding pavilion. You won't be disappointed on either floor.

Looking for some guidance on the pull down Dumbo bed in the studios. We are leaving shortly and taking the grandkids for the first time. Plan on putting the 2yo who currently sleeps in a toddler bed in that bed. Was wondering if someone can give me an approximate measurement of how far off the floor it is, in case I may need bed rails. Everything I'm finding is the mattress dimensions.

Looking for some guidance on the pull down Dumbo bed in the studios. We are leaving shortly and taking the grandkids for the first time. Plan on putting the 2yo who currently sleeps in a toddler bed in that bed. Was wondering if someone can give me an approximate measurement of how far off the floor it is, in case I may need bed rails. Everything I'm finding is the mattress dimensions.
www.AllEars.net has photos of the pull-down bed under the TV with the picture of Dumbo next to it:
https://allears.net/boardwalk-villas-studio-villa-photos/

The staff don't even know when it's starting, but some on the CL board noticed CL rooms not being available starting Spring-Summer 2023 (early-ish April to end of May), so it's a hint that they are doing those rooms then. The villa side isn't necessarily on the same schedule as the inn side for a refurb, much like Poly they probably won't start that until the inn side is complete or close to completion. That being said, there is no way the rooms will be done by february, especially considering they have haven't even started doing anything with resort rooms yet and it's pretty much been all touch-up paint and closed dining spaces.

We have our first Boardwalk Inn stay this August 12-21. Are there any current refurbs going on with the resort or are they all upcoming later this year and into 2023? Any info or details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- manooly
As of this moment there is nothing guest facing being done (i.e you won't know it's happening, I think mainly turning the ESPN space in to the new restaurant/bakery thing). They've been doing some touch up paint in some hallways, but by August I don't see them still doing that. Even staff doesn't know when anything is happening, but it doesn't look like any rooms will be started any time soon, I'm sure you'll be safe for August (August 2023 will probably be a different story though).

The staff don't even know when it's starting, but some on the CL board noticed CL rooms not being available starting Spring-Summer 2023 (early-ish April to end of May), so it's a hint that they are doing those rooms then. The villa side isn't necessarily on the same schedule as the inn side for a refurb, much like Poly they probably won't start that until the inn side is complete or close to completion. That being said, there is no way the rooms will be done by february, especially considering they have haven't even started doing anything with resort rooms yet and it's pretty much been all touch-up paint and closed dining spaces.

thanks for the detailed response.

Also, do we have more info on the refurb of common areas? and completion date?

thanks for the detailed response.

Also, do we have more info on the refurb of common areas? and completion date?
No one knows anything about the timeline, that’s what it sounded like anyway. As of right now it might be a bit, and who knows what they’ll do first. As one CM said “as usual we’ll probably come in to work one day and the place will be in process of being ripped apart. They’ll probably tell us on Friday that starting Monday work is starting, that’s usually what happens”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter