Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I looked today for the June calendar and all I found was a sign that says movies @ 9 every night. I’ll look tomorrow and see if they were just late putting it out.

I looked today for the June calendar and all I found was a sign that says movies @ 9 every night. I’ll look tomorrow and see if they were just late putting it out.

Are you referring to the sign outside by the boardwalk? If so, that should be good for the time being. Otherwise, usually the club level cast members can get you one. If not, don’t worry about it! I’m happy you are enjoying yourself! Can’t wait to hear about the food offerings in the CL thread!! I am so looking forward to our CL trip there in a few months!! :goodvibes

Do folks know where they are on the remodel?
Rooms not close, no start dates even given to staff at this point. It's confirmed to be happening but no exact date to begin other than after the restaurant areas are done
Lower level restaurant areas in progress but 100% inside and no one can tell it's ongoing at this point. It will not be of any consequence at this time

Are you referring to the sign outside by the boardwalk? If so, that should be good for the time being. Otherwise, usually the club level cast members can get you one. If not, don’t worry about it! I’m happy you are enjoying yourself! Can’t wait to hear about the food offerings in the CL thread!! I am so looking forward to our CL trip there in a few months!! :goodvibes
Yeah, there wasn’t anything on the sign aside from a thing at the top saying there were movies on the lawn at 9 every night, the rest of it was white. I’ll check again tonight, and if still nothing I’ll ask a CL cm. Every time I go by the desk there is one lady sitting there complaining about something, and with her apparent rage I don’t want to interrupt 😬. Having a blast though, BWI (and especially CL) CMs are the best.

Yeah, there wasn’t anything on the sign aside from a thing at the top saying there were movies on the lawn at 9 every night, the rest of it was white. I’ll check again tonight, and if still nothing I’ll ask a CL cm. Every time I go by the desk there is one lady sitting there complaining about something, and with her apparent rage I don’t want to interrupt 😬. Having a blast though, BWI (and especially CL) CMs are the best.
One other place to check, if you want, down on the 1st floor, heading out to the quiet pool. They had the flyer posted on the board there all last weekend. I didn't notice if they'd put a new one up when we left Tuesday or not. Probably hadn't changed it out yet

One other place to check, if you want, down on the 1st floor, heading out to the quiet pool. They had the flyer posted on the board there all last weekend. I didn't notice if they'd put a new one up when we left Tuesday or not. Probably hadn't changed it out yet
That one said May on it still when I checked in the afternoon yesterday, so I think they were just slow to update them, they were both up today though. Of course I got the picture and then ran out of battery immediately after, casualty of Genie+ and DAS phone usage this morning….and being ADHD and completely forgetting my portable charger.

Here now and talking to a CM last night, they have just done the mock up of the area on the 3rd floor, and at some point in the next few months will do one of the rooms, but full remodel isn’t happening yet (and no one knows dates yet)
Bummer - was hoping for the new pull down beds in the DVC rooms.

Bummer - was hoping for the new pull down beds in the DVC rooms.
I was talking to them about the condition of my DVC room in January and I believe he said “oh, we don’t even know if the villas are getting touched yet”. He was sure they’d get something, but right now all they know are Inn side so that’s obviously coming first. Since they don’t even know when Inn rooms are getting done I wouldn’t lose hope on villa rooms, but they do NEED the pull down beds (among other things).

Also, just got notice this afternoon when I came to the room for a clothes change (they literally knocked on my door as I was about to take my shorts off lol) that there may be construction noise during the day now. It’s in hours people are normally in the park, not sleeping, but good to keep in mind (10am-5pm). They are also shutting off the water from 1am-5am on Friday, hopefully that’s not a regular thing.

Construction Work to Impact Select Areas of Disney's BoardWalk Resort Starting Today

As previously announced, Disney's BoardWalk Inn will soon undergo a major refurbishment project that will introduce a variety of new offerings, including an updated lobby design, additional dining options, refreshed guest rooms, and more.
Construction work related to this major project will take place starting today (Friday, June 3, 2022). The following notes will be placed in select Guest rooms while work is taking place around the resort:

"Welcome Home!

Thank you for choosing Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas. We are delighted to share our seaside charm and hospitality with you.

In an ongoing effort to enhance our facilities for your continued enjoyment, some locations of our Resort are currently being refreshed. During your stay, you may experience noise impacts due to construction work being done between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. Should you have any questions, or need additional assistance, our Front Desk Cast Members will be happy to assist you.
"

Construction Work to Impact Select Areas of Disney's BoardWalk Resort Starting Today

As previously announced, Disney's BoardWalk Inn will soon undergo a major refurbishment project that will introduce a variety of new offerings, including an updated lobby design, additional dining options, refreshed guest rooms, and more.
Construction work related to this major project will take place starting today (Friday, June 3, 2022). The following notes will be placed in select Guest rooms while work is taking place around the resort:

"Welcome Home!

Thank you for choosing Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas. We are delighted to share our seaside charm and hospitality with you.

In an ongoing effort to enhance our facilities for your continued enjoyment, some locations of our Resort are currently being refreshed. During your stay, you may experience noise impacts due to construction work being done between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience. Should you have any questions, or need additional assistance, our Front Desk Cast Members will be happy to assist you.
"
How much more vague could they be about what’s going to be impacted? Lol

Does anyone know if Lobby work has started?
Or when it is starting ?
We are there June 22-7/2 on the inn side, and again 1024-11/5 in a studio on points.
And while I appreciate and welcome refurbishment that are necessary, I would prefer not to stay in a construction zone, as we are there to enjoy resorts, as much as visiting parks.

Does anyone know if Lobby work has started?
Or when it is starting ?
We are there June 22-7/2 on the inn side, and again 1024-11/5 in a studio on points.
And while I appreciate and welcome refurbishment that are necessary, I would prefer not to stay in a construction zone, as we are there to enjoy resorts, as much as visiting parks.
No lobby work, and no construction being done in areas that impact guests. Talking with many CMs and no one knows when work on the inside of the hotel in guest areas will start, but it definitely won’t be anytime in the next several months.

No lobby work, and no construction being done in areas that impact guests. Talking with many CMs and no one knows when work on the inside of the hotel in guest areas will start, but it definitely won’t be anytime in the next several months.
Thanks for your reply!🙂

Can anyone recommend a good request for a Garden view room? We specifically didn't want water due to noise, but I would like a nice view and something not too far from the elevators down to the lobby. Thanks. Pictures would be great too. I can't seem to see them in this original thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter