Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Now they are two separate reservations but I would prefer to just stay in the same room the whole time. Anyone have any experience with this??
Do you have a cash reservation or DVC points?

As @Nabas indicated above you have 2 different types of rooms ( booking categories ), Standard and Garden view. Disney needs to either downgrade your second reservation or upgrade your first one.

Disney would rather not have to do the extra room cleaning as much as you don't want to pack up and move. Standard Studios are really limited in availability.

You need to have Disney merge the 2 separate reservations into a single booking category by calling or keep checking in MDE or take a chance when you arrive and stop by the Front desk and ask if they are able to assist.

It is very unlikely that you will get a fix if you wait until the last minute at the Front desk so be prepared to pack and move if you don't get the reservations merged before your trip.

Dave

@Dave006 thanks, I was thinking that as well, one less room for them to clean if we stay put and I do not mind downgrading.

We are renting DVC points which I’m sure will make it all more complicated.

I am so excited to be going back to my favorite resort in January!

I have two nights booked for a standard studio on the villa side. Then I noticed the following night was available but it was garden view.

Now they are two separate reservations but I would prefer to just stay in the same room the whole time. Anyone have any experience with this??

I really don’t have a preference in view, I would just prefer to not have to move rooms as this will already be a split stay with GDT.

You say that you noticed the garden/pool room available. Did you notice that as available for DVC members to book on points, or for the general public to book for cash? Those are two separate inventories.

The member agreed to use a certain number of points to book your reservation. A studio costs fewer points than a garden/pool view. If you try to upgrade when you get to the hotel, and if they do upgrade you, they might take those extra points from the member. The member might have plans of their own for those points. And trying to figure it out afterwards may eat up a lot of the member's time.

You can't call DVC Member Services about this, because you are not the member who booked the reservation.

If you booked privately, you can tell the member that you want to extend your vacation and ask them to keep looking. Maybe they can find three nights in the same booking category, or another night in the category you already booked. But that might exceed the amount of time they intended to put in for you and the number of points they intended to use for you.

If you booked through an agency, you can try contacting them and tell them that you want to extend your vacation. But they might not have a member who has points to use. And again, this assumes that the room is available for booking with DVC points.

If you get three nights booked in the same booking category, you can ask the member(s) to notify DVC Member Services that it is a continuing reservation. If you have nights booked in different booking categories, I don't even know if they can do that.

@Dave006 thanks, I was thinking that as well, one less room for them to clean if we stay put and I do not mind downgrading.

We are renting DVC points which I’m sure will make it all more complicated.
The double room cleaning is now pretty moot at this point and not an issue as you have bigger issues.

@Best Aunt covered the issue once we knew that you are renting points. That is one of if not the most complex situation as @Best Aunt discussed above.

The only thing that I don't see that @Best Aunt already covered is the rental contract terms and conditions for your points that may apply depending on how you accessed the points. If you have a rental contract for the points from a broker or an individual DVC owner that will determine your next steps.

Dave

The double room cleaning is now pretty moot at this point and not an issue as you have bigger issues.

@Best Aunt covered the issue once we knew that you are renting points. That is one of if not the most complex situation as @Best Aunt discussed above.

The only thing that I don't see that @Best Aunt already covered is the rental contract terms and conditions for your points that may apply depending on how you accessed the points. If you have a rental contract for the points from a broker or an individual DVC owner that will determine your next steps.

Dave

I was afraid you were going to say that I messed up in my explanation!

Thanks for all the advice!

I used DVCReservations.com to book both reservations.

I guess I will just hope for the best when I get there.

Another page 2 rescue!!! BW fans where are you...lol...

Now if we could just get the rest of the Boardwalk venues open and have the Buskers back in the evenings to liven up the place.

Dave

Hope that can safely happen sooner than later:wizard:...I definitely think the Buskers are an important part of the Boardwalk's charm...
Does anyone know if they have a website?? Or any type of social media??

Our first BWI stay was in a garden cottage! We loved it and stayed both floorplans several times. Didn‘t mind the walk up to the CL, since Jackie had shown us that secret passage and the stairs we no mind for our younger bodies.

Our favorite cottage was the one located directly underneath the CLs lounge.
I always felt this flooplan was larger, offered a huge balcony overlooking the quiet pool, plus the bedroom was private! After the hustle-bustle of the parks, it was heaven to return to such a peaceful place.:cloud9:

Simply love this elegant place with first class service!🥰
Although we have never stayed in one..my friend and fellower Disser @Maxie86 is a fan..and we have visited her and her DH during their stays...I agree..the cottages are charming! Such a nice use of the space..and that back staircase is definitely a good short cut...I think that I read that Jackie has now retired...but when we checked in this summer both Anita and Joe were working at the front desk...felt like a mini CL reunion..:goodvibes...lol...

The first thing I do is get the lay of the land!!! And by lay of the land I mean explore everywhere!!! I walk the whole boardwalk going in and out of every resort— BWI, BC, YC, Swan and Dolphin to see what is there. You’ll then know all the good places to get what to eat and check out all the gift shops, how far things are, and that they really not all that far.
But when I stay at a resort, I’m actually staying at every resort in the area!!! ( Not the pool of course)
What sage advice!! Especially in the Crescent Lake area! So much to enjoy! We only recently decided to explore the Swan and Dolphin resorts...truly a pleasant surprise...

Thanks for all the advice!

I used DVCReservations.com to book both reservations.

I guess I will just hope for the best when I get there.
Best of luck @tinabina919...hope that you get to stay put...

~Still checking daily to see when the Flying Fish reservations will open...nothing yet..but I will report back when I see that they do..anyone hear any news with regards to ESPN reopening?? So many what ifs and whens..Come on Disney! Lol..

Last edited:

It depends on where your Garden room is located.

As long as your are not in the small section overlooking the Village Green (Crescent lake side of the buildings) that overlook the stairs from the lobby. If you are in the Inn Courtyard then it can be almost too quite that early in the morning.

You are much more likely to hear noise in the hallway or from the next door room vs the runners out on the boardwalk.

Dave
You may even hear more noise coming from the Epcot parking lot as the runners start the race. At 5AM or thereabouts.

Staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in November for W&D weekend. We just have a Standard room booked but I'd really like a balcony, is there a good place to find rooms that do/don't have balconies? It looks to be very hit or miss with some rooms having them but then ones right next door without, but I'm unable to find a site that will list which ones have them available

I didn't know that some rooms dont have balconies...I'd be interested in finding out which rooms do and don't have balconies also.

I was pretty sure that all Boardwalk rooms had balconies. Beach Club is the place where not all rooms have balconies.

I didn't know that some rooms dont have balconies...I'd be interested in finding out which rooms do and don't have balconies also.
I was pretty sure that all Boardwalk rooms had balconies. Beach Club is the place where not all rooms have balconies.

There are a few on the Inn side that do not have balconies, but very few--not so many that I would feel the need to make it a request. There are actually more that have the smaller balconies that barely fit a couple chairs and a table, but still usable for two people.

I can't think of any on the Villas side that don't have balconies. There are many that do have the smaller, two people balconies.

IIRC, the rooms with no balconies on the Inn side are in the same area near the roof lines that connect the lobby floor on the Inn side to the lobby floor on the Villa side.

If you look at this rudimentary map, I believe those rooms without balconies would be in the area just below the "1" on the map in that little indented area overlooking Village Green and the opposite side overlooking the courtyard. Not sure which floors for certain, but I seem to recall people posting pictures in the past.

Staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in November for W&D weekend. We just have a Standard room booked but I'd really like a balcony, is there a good place to find rooms that do/don't have balconies?

What we used to do when at the BWI was to ask for an Epcot view. That got us a nice view of the courtyard with Epcot in the background. Only once out of many trips did we not get it. All the rooms had at least a small balcony. I am not sure "Epcot view" is a category but it worked for us.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit to the Boardwalk!

even the deluxe CLs have a miniscule balcony BUT that steeplechase suite, wow!! even though the balconies of the deluxe CLs are small, just standing there in the very early mornings inhaling the sweet smells from the bakery makes up for the size; however, the ones closer to the concierge desk just inside the door have a different aroma - when they fire up the ovens for the pizzas, etc, it smells like a country cabin fireplace;

Well today is opening day of BWI club level...I sure hope that someone who is there will pop in and give us a report..::yes::...Inquiring Disney minds here! We wanna know!

With many BW stays under my belt I wasn't aware of this either...I know there are a small amount of juliette (those standing) balconies...and also varying sizes on the upper floors due to the roof lines..we've always had full size or medium (enclosed..not railing) which still fits 2 chairs... I'm curious too which rooms those are...Next trip I'll be sure to stroll around and take a look for them...

I am on DME now heading over to club level 🎉🎉🎉 BW room ! I will try to post pictures tomorrow probably be closed tonight by the time we get there .

@Cinderella072004 have a terrific trip...looking forward pics..and to a review of the newly reopened club! So many of us are long times fans..and hoping the Innkeepers club is as wonderful as before...we..I know especially me...lol..would love details about the food offerings...
Thanks for taking the time to post! :goodvibes

Meant to mention before @JasonTCV...what absolutely beautiful BW pictures! As much as we enjoy being on the boardwalk..the charm..the view while strolling around...it's especially lovely looking across the water at it in the evening!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter