Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Need some help. I am reading about refillable mugs you can purchase from your resort. Since everything at Boardwalk is outdoors, where does one go to buy and refill the mugs? I'm trying to decide if I should order and bring a case of water or get a refillable mug. Any insight would be helpful.
water because the refil cups are only good at the resort not parks.

Ok...for those staying at BW, do you all feel it's more convenient to do the refillable mug or a case of water.
I usually bring a 3L bottle of Zephyrhills water and refill a glass or container when I want some. Not quite as wasteful as single bottles. Or one liter Evian bottles. They both taste better than Dasani. I buy them at Publix and both are a lot cheaper than the single bottles in the park.

Does anyone know if the entertainment is back at the Boardwalk at night? I was there in March, and it was very quiet.

I usually bring a 3L bottle of Zephyrhills water and refill a glass or container when I want some. Not quite as wasteful as single bottles. Or one liter Evian bottles. They both taste better than Dasani. I buy them at Publix and both are a lot cheaper than the single bottles in the park.

I do a similar thing. I carry a refilable water bottle everyday at home and I do the same on vacation. I tend to get a gallon of water ( also for coffee making in room) either at the store or in a pinch from the resort gift shop.

Also I have a larger hiking bottle (I think it's close to 60 oz) that is safe plastic and lightweight and I will often fill that up at the self serve, since soda machines require filtered water, and I keep that in my room for refills.

I like my water cold in the parks and can't deal with sweating bottles, so a non-sweat insulated bottle is my go-to and is easy enough to refill throughout the day to make it worth it to me to carry it.

I'm not opposed to buying the random bottle of water but I drink enough that those $3 hits add up.

Arriving tomorrow and it says midnight check in. It wants me to update by going to "online checkin" but when i click the link no such opportunity exists to make any change to arrival time. Does anyone know if we will be ok with midnight or how to find the place to fix this?

Arriving tomorrow and it says midnight check in. It wants me to update by going to "online checkin" but when i click the link no such opportunity exists to make any change to arrival time. Does anyone know if we will be ok with midnight or how to find the place to fix this?
I think you need to click "Show details" and then "edit" and select "before 7am" and then update. I just updated mine to reflect my anticipated arrival.

Reactions: rlk
Of all the things to reopen this one has me stumped as to why it would be a priority. We spend a lot of time outside on the boardwalk in the evening when we stay at BWI or BWV, and we've stayed there a lot over the past decade. Occasionally we even go inside Atlantic Dance Hall just to take a peek (they check ID but there's no cover charge). The place does not draw a crowd. The only exception is when it's being used for a private event.

Of all the things to reopen this one has me stumped as to why it would be a priority. We spend a lot of time outside on the boardwalk in the evening when we stay at BWI or BWV, and we've stayed there a lot over the past decade. Occasionally we even go inside Atlantic Dance Hall just to take a peek (they check ID but there's no cover charge). The place does not draw a crowd. The only exception is when it's being used for a private event.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing, just didn’t want to say it.

Of all the things to reopen….

Occasionally we even go inside Atlantic Dance Hall just to take a peek (they check ID but there's no cover charge). The place does not draw a crowd. The only exception is when it's being used for a private event.

Maybe they want to have it up and running so that they can rent it out for private events? I assume factors in re-opening decisions include how much money Disney can make and how few people they need to staff it.

Maybe they want to have it up and running so that they can rent it out for private events? I assume factors in re-opening decisions include how much money Disney can make and how few people they need to staff it.
That's possible, and maybe people who wouldn't normally go in will at this time since places to grab a cocktail are still limited due to other closures in the area. Plus it's huge in there so if distancing is important to you, that's the place for it :)

As someone who frequently stays at BWV, my first thought was "Oh no, the parking lot will be slammed again with people claiming to be going to Atlantic Dance Hall but just wanting to go to Epcot for fireworks." :( I'm happy to see more "life" returning to the Boardwalk but not if it means we can't find a place to park.

Just returned from a 2-night stay at the newly reopened BWI.
The stay exceeded my expectations. The room smelled clean and fresh, no hint of the long closure.
Front desk was a little disorganized. We arrived around noon time, with the intention of stashing our bags and finding lunch, did in-person check in and was told our room wouldn’t be ready until 4. Got the bags taken care of, and as we were walking back in from the parking lot, I got the text that our room was ready.
Housekeeping was good, even tho we were only there 2 nights, and weren’t there long enough for the “light” housekeeping, we happened to be in the room when they knocked for visual inspection and trash pick up, we asked if we could trade out a couple towels and washcloths, they took ours and gave us a whole new bag. We saw tons of housekeeping CMs, all were very friendly. Everyone working at the resort seemed to be in a good mood.
Bellevue lounge has been set up, but with a screen covering the entrance.
We also peeked in the windows of Flying Fish on our way back to the room last night when we noticed the lights were on, we saw tables and chairs set up for dining (this probably means nothing, but we are hoping it means an opening date gets announced soon haha)
Overall, great (too short) stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter