• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just switched to BWI Standard View room from Contemporary Garden Wing (standard) for July 3 - 7, 2021 for a quick solo trip (1st trip since the pandemic hit)! Got a nice discount with the passholder offer (35% off)! Hopefully it was a good switch! Haven't stayed at BWI yet....and have loved our stays at YC! Love the ability to walk to 2 parks and Hollywood is my favorite park! I will enjoy readying this forum to get all the tips about BWI!

I was looking at Sept. 30 through Oct. 5-6 and nothing comes up.
It looks like your Sunday night (Oct 3) is the problem. I cannot find a BWI room available for that night.

The only thing I see that is available for all of your dates is a one-bedroom villa at BWV.

We just switched over to BWI water view from YC water view! September 5-11, 2021. It's been about 16 years since my last visit to WDW. Never stayed deluxe, prior trips were Pop & CSR. DH hasn't ever been to WDW. And after 3 trips myself, I've never been over to the Boardwalk area. It will be just DH & I we are in our mid-late 40's. I can't wait!!

We just switched over to BWI water view from YC water view! September 5-11, 2021. It's been about 16 years since my last visit to WDW. Never stayed deluxe, prior trips were Pop & CSR. DH hasn't ever been to WDW. And after 3 trips myself, I've never been over to the Boardwalk area. It will be just DH & I we are in our mid-late 40's. I can't wait!!
We had never even considered BWI until a few years ago when it was only deluxe available. We were late 40s then and going without kids. We think the rooms are as nice as Grand Floridian, and being so close to Epcot is amazing. I hope you love it and have a great trip!

Hi, anyone know if any room refurbishments were done or are scheduled to be done at bwi. I think they are due for one?

Question about BWI water view rooms. On MDE it says that these are views of the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. I'm using TP so I put in a request for the view that I'm hoping for, which shows as a water view on their site. I'm listening to a podcast and they've stated that there are no Boardwalk views on the Inn side, that this is only available in the villas. Is that correct?

Question about BWI water view rooms. On MDE it says that these are views of the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake. I'm using TP so I put in a request for the view that I'm hoping for, which shows as a water view on their site. I'm listening to a podcast and they've stated that there are no Boardwalk views on the Inn side, that this is only available in the villas. Is that correct?
That is not true at all. There are indeed Boardwalk views from the Inn side.

I'm listening to a podcast and they've stated that there are no Boardwalk views on the Inn side, that this is only available in the villas. Is that correct?
Yes and No.

What the Podcast meant in their podcast is that there is not a regular bookable "BoardWalk" regular room category at the BWI.

Only the Deluxe CL rooms are all Boardwalk views on the 3rd and 4th floors. There are only 10 of them. Unless you want to reserve the Steeplechase Presidential suite or the Sonora VP suite.

You just get to make a request. There are regular guest rooms that overlook the Boardwalk on Floors 2-4 which are above the Boardwalk. There is also an entire wing section that overlooks Crescent lake towards Epcot.

Dave

How often did/do you use your balcony? We are going to TRY and be more relaxed this trip with no doing rope drop and either getting Breakfast the night before or doing a Mobile Order and I run down to get it then make coffee in the room and enjoy breakfast on the balcony. DH said he dreads starting the day "standing in line to get breakfast" (henceforth getting it the night before) and then the rush-rush up and out to get to rope drop and stand around until that "time comes". DS is 16 and I honestly think the way DH talks and dislikes crowds more and more that this might be our last "family" trip to WDW. As sad as that makes me this trip was planned in 2018, booked in 2019 for 2020 (didn't happen) then rescheduled from 2021. I might be with DH with wanting to sit on the balcony myself early morning and later evening to savory every relaxing moment! So I just wondered how many others enjoy their balconies while on vacation?

How often did/do you use your balcony? We are going to TRY and be more relaxed this trip with no doing rope drop and either getting Breakfast the night before or doing a Mobile Order and I run down to get it then make coffee in the room and enjoy breakfast on the balcony. DH said he dreads starting the day "standing in line to get breakfast" (henceforth getting it the night before) and then the rush-rush up and out to get to rope drop and stand around until that "time comes". DS is 16 and I honestly think the way DH talks and dislikes crowds more and more that this might be our last "family" trip to WDW. As sad as that makes me this trip was planned in 2018, booked in 2019 for 2020 (didn't happen) then rescheduled from 2021. I might be with DH with wanting to sit on the balcony myself early morning and later evening to savory every relaxing moment! So I just wondered how many others enjoy their balconies while on vacation?

I never use the balcony. But I always eat breakfast in the room. Waiting in line in the morning to get food, or going to a table service restaurant, feels like a waste of time and energy to me. I have a towncar pick me up at the airport and stop at a grocery store on the way to the hotel.

Staying at BWV from May 9-16th. Rented points from a family friend. He can book it at 7 months out so only thing available was 1 bedroom. Looking at going again next May - want to see all the 50th Anniversary stuff and hoping most things will be back to normal.

There will be 5-6 of us going. Anyone know how quickly the 2 Bedroom Standard Villas go? Would rather do that then 2 Studios. I understand that their are not any Dedicated 2 Bedrooms so was wondering how quickly they go - as we would need to find a private party to rent from right before the 11th month mark or go with a company (but they cost more).

Staying at BWV from May 9-16th. Rented points from a family friend. He can book it at 7 months out so only thing available was 1 bedroom. Looking at going again next May - want to see all the 50th Anniversary stuff and hoping most things will be back to normal.

There will be 5-6 of us going. Anyone know how quickly the 2 Bedroom Standard Villas go? Would rather do that then 2 Studios. I understand that their are not any Dedicated 2 Bedrooms so was wondering how quickly they go - as we would need to find a private party to rent from right before the 11th month mark or go with a company (but they cost more).
Since there are no dedicated 2 BR at BWV, the Standard view 2 BR are gone the minute the Standard view studios are gone. For May 2022 you probably have a chance, but your friend should plan to book the day your 7 month window opens. If I were you, I'd be prepared to pay for a Garden/Pool view just in case - they book up much less quickly. Or, as you say, find a private party who owns BWV to rent from - the Rent/Trade board here on DISboards is a good place to look.

We use the balcony every morning to relax with our morning coffee.

We like just stepping out on our balcony at various times of the day to people watch and enjoy the fresh air. We also like just listening to the ambient noise from the boardwalk and the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter