Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

While we are on the topic of rooms...I was reading that 1 BD #'s 2123, 3123 & 4123 are "corner" 1 BR's that have a huge balcony. I found a video online of a walk through and it was an interesting set up (with the kitchen mainly on one wall but it's missing the extra breakfast bar seating). Do these corner rooms really seem so much bigger in that layout vs. the traditional 1 BD? Our son will be on the pull out sofa so I was thinking of that also (will it make him seem like having a bigger bedroom per say). If so I might make this as our request. Oh and what about the location? Good or bad? TIA!

The biggest difference is the kitchen and living room. They are both open area. The bathroom is actually smaller, especially the shower. There are stairs across the hall that takes you out to the bus stop and parking lot.

Well, I originally was at Gran Destino for our quick Easter weekend getaway, but called today and was able to secure a deluxe studio and a 1 bedroom villa! We are going with my son and his family. I am very excited to be going and also happy to have gotten a cast discount for the trip! I have never stayed in the villas, always been an Inn girl, but we are looking forward to going.

Kerry let me know how you like it. We booked a studio for food & wine. We were trying to hold out for the return of the BWI and club level but we miss Disney and need a quick trip. Will just be two of us so booked a studio.

Kerry let me know how you like it. We booked a studio for food & wine. We were trying to hold out for the return of the BWI and club level but we miss Disney and need a quick trip. Will just be two of us so booked a studio.
Will do. I am hoping club level will be up and running by December for my birthday. My son talked me into this trip. I am a little apprehensive about going, but will see how it goes.

Will do. I am hoping club level will be up and running by December for my birthday. My son talked me into this trip. I am a little apprehensive about going, but will see how it goes.

I know everyone has their individual perspectives on things, traveling in a pandemic, tolerances, etc - but FWIW, we’ve been several times since reopening and have thoroughly enjoyed our trips. We’ve been some other places too and frankly I’d pick Disney since the processes/rules are pretty transparent, you know what you’re going to get, most (key word) guests are like minded/respectful about the whole thing, etc.

Glad you found a room at BW! Enjoy your trip.

I know everyone has their individual perspectives on things, traveling in a pandemic, tolerances, etc - but FWIW, we’ve been several times since reopening and have thoroughly enjoyed our trips. We’ve been some other places too and frankly I’d pick Disney since the processes/rules are pretty transparent, you know what you’re going to get, most (key word) guests are like minded/respectful about the whole thing, etc.

Glad you found a room at BW! Enjoy your trip.
Thank you for the reassurance! I am looking forward to going. I have missed going so much and my grandchildren are so excited about going.

Hello Boardwalk Thread!

I'm trying to book a trip for 7 in my family to Disney April 2-6. My parents really want to stay at the Boardwalk, but right now the only room available is the Deluxe Studio - Standard View, and it's significantly more expensive than the Yacht Club or even GF, plus the room only has one queen bed. Is Boardwalk just booked up now? Should I expect rooms to free up if I wait a bit or is that a foolish expectation?

Thanks all, it's been maybe 5 years since we've been to Disney, so I'm a bit rusty in my planning skills.

Hello Boardwalk Thread!

I'm trying to book a trip for 7 in my family to Disney April 2-6. My parents really want to stay at the Boardwalk, but right now the only room available is the Deluxe Studio - Standard View, and it's significantly more expensive than the Yacht Club or even GF, plus the room only has one queen bed. Is Boardwalk just booked up now? Should I expect rooms to free up if I wait a bit or is that a foolish expectation?

Thanks all, it's been maybe 5 years since we've been to Disney, so I'm a bit rusty in my planning skills.

Well, that is Easter Weekend so not usually a low rate time. Also the resort side of BWI isn’t open, just the Villas - so rooms are limited to whatever cash inventory is available. I’m guessing that weekend may be popular with the DVC crowd. YC and GF are both fully open so a lot more real resort rooms to fill.

Keep checking though, you just never know what may pop up and people are prone to tinker with plans now more than ever as they adjust/react to current virus/Disney conditions.

Hello Boardwalk Thread!

The only portion of Boardwalk currently open is the DVC side, not sure if you are aware of that fact. Since you are looking at April, the DVC side has probably been fairly booked given the time frame you are seeking.

The possibility of more rooms becoming available is possible, but probably not likely.

if you are looking for regular hotel rooms versus a DVC studio, in the Boardwalk area, YC would be a better option.

Well, that is Easter Weekend so not usually a low rate time. Also the resort side of BWI isn’t open, just the Villas - so rooms are limited to whatever cash inventory is available. I’m guessing that weekend may be popular with the DVC crowd. YC and GF are both fully open so a lot more real resort rooms to fill.

Keep checking though, you just never know what may pop up and people are prone to tinker with plans now more than ever as they adjust/react to current virus/Disney conditions.

Jinx, we were posting at the same time. :flower1:

We have an upcoming stay in early February at Boardwalk Villas in a 1bd Garden/Pool View. I prefer upper floors (3rd is fine but 4th or 5th are better). Which rooms have the largest balconies in this category? I don't really mind pool noise, or really any noise (as a city girl, I find it comforting).

Last edited:
The only portion of Boardwalk currently open is the DVC side, not sure if you are aware of that fact. Since you are looking at April, the DVC side has probably been fairly booked given the time frame you are seeking.

The possibility of more rooms becoming available is possible, but probably not likely.

if you are looking for regular hotel rooms versus a DVC studio, in the Boardwalk area, YC would be a better option.

thank you (and thank everyone) for the quick responses. i was aware that only the Villas were open at Boardwalk, but I forgot that villas are a DVC thing, thus resulting in lower supply. That is helpful.

I'll probably end up booking at YC, but i'm intrigued by the idea of GF for not much more. haven't stayed there since in a REALLY long time and it was my favorite as a kid.

thank you (and thank everyone) for the quick responses. i was aware that only the Villas were open at Boardwalk, but I forgot that villas are a DVC thing, thus resulting in lower supply. That is helpful.

I'll probably end up booking at YC, but i'm intrigued by the idea of GF for not much more. haven't stayed there since in a REALLY long time and it was my favorite as a kid.
Maybe keep an eye on people renting out confirmed reservations at Boardwalk for that time period - with the new administration in the US, non-US DVC owners may not visit anymore due to the anticipated quarantine requirement for international travellers. It’s been a recurring topic on the Canadian FB groups I’m a part of.

We have an upcoming stay in early February at Boardwalk Villas in a 1bd Garden/Pool View. I prefer upper floors (3rd is fine but 4th or 5th are better). Which rooms have the largest balconies in this category? I don't really mind pool noise, or really any noise (as a city girl, I find it comforting).
They're all pretty much the same size. There are 4 or 5 corner 1BR villas with a wrap-around balcony, but they are DVC standard views.

They're all pretty much the same size. There are 4 or 5 corner 1BR villas with a wrap-around balcony, but they are DVC standard views.
Thanks! We ended up in 5051 (I think) last time and it had a really tiny balcony and no balcony in the bedroom and I was hoping that was just a one off. Since we are doing a non-park stay, the balcony really does matter to us this time. I requested rooms facing the canal/Swan and Dolphin/Big Pool so hopefully we don't get that room again.

How likely would it be to find an owner that has enough points to rent for a week in a GV? My parents mentioned that after our trip earlier this month at BWV that they are wanting to do a week with the whole family in a GV. I looked at how many points that would cost for a week next fall and it was 680 points. Is having that many points available an anomaly? Do the GV go pretty quick right at 11 months during W&D? I was thinking breaking the week into 2 smaller point reservations might be a better option, would that be a big risk? We’d also need an extra studio, and they really want a GV for the big common space. I pitched the idea of doing two 2 bedrooms instead and that was not appealing to them.

How likely would it be to find an owner that has enough points to rent for a week in a GV? My parents mentioned that after our trip earlier this month at BWV that they are wanting to do a week with the whole family in a GV. I looked at how many points that would cost for a week next fall and it was 680 points. Is having that many points available an anomaly? Do the GV go pretty quick right at 11 months during W&D? I was thinking breaking the week into 2 smaller point reservations might be a better option, would that be a big risk? We’d also need an extra studio, and they really want a GV for the big common space. I pitched the idea of doing two 2 bedrooms instead and that was not appealing to them.
If you are looking for BWV, it's already booked up for October. Only two nights are available. Odds are other DVC GV are also booked for next Oct. October needed to be booked in Nov.

If you are looking for BWV, it's already booked up for October. Only two nights are available. Odds are other DVC GV are also booked for next Oct. October needed to be booked in Nov.
Sorry, I should have clarified, they are thinking October 2022.

Well, I’ll start by saying that we did just what you would like to do - a GV and a studio - this past October. And let me say that it was amazing! If you can wrangle it, I highly recommend it. We requested that the studio (a p/g view) be close to the GV. It was our only request. We were only 4 doors away, just around the corner from the GV. It was so easy to walk down the hallway for coffee and conversation in the morning. And an easy stroll back to the studio after wine and desserts at night.

But, we used my points to book all of it. Let me tell you, that’s a lot of points!!! There aren’t a lot of owners that have that many, even if they bank and borrow 100% of their points for a 3-year period, they don’t have enough. And for those of us who do have enough, we’re not likely to be renting them all out. But if it’s ever been a possibility, the chances will be greatest over the next couple of years. Lots of owners are flush with unused points due to COVID.

You will need to line up a BWV owner before the 11-month mark. There are only 7 GVs at BWV and they book up very quickly during the fall months. And you should be prepared for a ”no refunds” policy. With that many points at stake, I cannot imagine that many owners will allow a cash back refund if you cannot travel.

I hope it works out for you because it really was a wonderful way for extended family to enjoy a trip together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter