Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone know if there is something like a cheese plate available in the cold section of the screen door store at BWI? TIA

If I get over there this week I will check and report back.

Hi there! Just booked BWI for a few nights in October before our week in a 1BR at Saratoga. We booked a garden view. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for room requests? Can’t wait!!!

Has anyone stayed in BWI Club Level with a Boardwalk view? Are these rooms "behind the door" to the lounge or are they a far walk? Trying to figure out the best room request.

Hi there! Just booked BWI for a few nights in October before our week in a 1BR at Saratoga. We booked a garden view. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for room requests? Can’t wait!!!
5306 or close is perfect for us. Close enough to elevators that take you to Bellevue. You can see the Epcot ball and the Eiffel Tower and fireworks. Very quiet and comfy. D58A8C97-0485-4AFA-A107-702BFBCD5F87.jpeg

Attachments

• 8628EC4E-60F9-4B63-AC89-623FC96941BF.jpeg
    8628EC4E-60F9-4B63-AC89-623FC96941BF.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 44
  • B55BE807-1E63-4577-8336-D7E732BA09BC.jpeg
    B55BE807-1E63-4577-8336-D7E732BA09BC.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 42

Has anyone stayed in BWI Club Level with a Boardwalk view? Are these rooms "behind the door" to the lounge or are they a far walk? Trying to figure out the best room request.

Yes. It’s was a few years ago though. You can request to be behind the door. That’s what I would do if I were you. It’s a pain to get stuff to bring back to your room when you’re outside of the CL door.

Yes back when a Boardwalk view was a bookable category. All CL rooms except for 5 Deluxe rooms were within the Inn Keepers Club doors until they expanded the number of CL rooms and they changed the Boardwalk view to a request.

If you have a Standard CL room and want to be within the Inn Keepers Club doors, there are only 9 that have Boardwalk views to request. Rooms: 4235, 4237, 4239 are right across the hallway from the lounge. Rooms: 4213, 4215, 4223 are past the lounge and close to ESPN Zone area of the Boardwalk. Finally rooms: 4251 & 4253 are near the CL reception desk inside the CL doors. And room 4259 (King room) is just outside of the CL doors.

ETA: fixed the error with the location of room 4259 & indicate it is a King bed as @AngiTN reminded us in her post below.

Dave

Last edited:

No, they are not all inside the InnKeepers Door.
Remember though, this is a request in and of itself. Even rooms outside the door are a close walk. Some of the ones inside the door are a further walk, for that matter.

Yes back when a Boardwalk view was a bookable category. All CL rooms except for 5 Deluxe rooms were within the Inn Keepers Club doors until they expanded the number of CL rooms and they changed the Boardwalk view to a request.

If you have a Standard CL room and want to be within the Inn Keepers Club doors, there are only 9 that have Boardwalk views to request. Rooms: 4235, 4237, 4239 are right across the hallway from the lounge. Rooms: 4213, 4215, 4223 are past the lounge and close to ESPN Zone area of the Boardwalk. Finally rooms: 4251, 4253, and 4259 are near the CL reception desk right inside the CL doors.

Dave
59 is OUTSIDE the door, but is right by the desk. 59 is our preferred room, as it's a King bed and has great views of the Boardwalk entertainment.

Doing laundry as we speak. I’ve never noticed these awesome carts in any of the other Disney resorts.

Attachments

• D9E1087C-C19E-4D3E-9179-3F2341104C55.jpeg
    D9E1087C-C19E-4D3E-9179-3F2341104C55.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 66
Harambe. It is a deluxe club room room on the third floor with the bigger balcony

Looks similar to the one we had - we were right above the Bakery. DH loved sitting out on the balcony. He got "pulled in" to a couple of magic acts and other performers called up to him, too. Fun! But we had that to fit in us and the kiddos when they were younger. Now it's just we two, so I think we will just go standard room (well, maybe Boardwalk view . . . :smooth:).

Our trip is our 2 weeks from today! Can some please let me know if the Inn room have the mounted in the shower shampoo, bodywash, etc. or will we receive the individual bottles? TIA

Just to let you know, I have experienced both situations at BWI in the last year. My room in September had the shampoo/bodywash/ conditioner mounted in the bath-shower. My room in June had individual bottles of amenities. My advice is to prepare for either situation.

Redgie is here.
Checked in today to CL and Redgie is back and it’s his first day on the job. He told me that he is no longer at the Flying Fish and that he will be the chef in the lounge on a full time basis. Life is good.
Please send my congrats to Redgie on his position. He is the perfect choice for a chef at the Innkeeper's Club lounge. But, I will miss him on my non-club level stays at the BWI.

Hi everyone!

We are super excited for our first ever BWV stay coming up! We rented DVC points and booked a garden/pool view studio, wanted boardwalk view but wasn’t available I guess. We need to decide if we want to add a room request (and what we want if we do), are there any rooms in this category that are partial boardwalk views? If not, what are your favourite view requests? View is the priority (I think), it’s an adult only trip so we don’t really mind if the location itself is a bit of a hike.

Also we need to have our member change our flight details for Magical Express anyways, am I right thinking they need to do the room request for us too? If I remember correctly, we can’t get specific enough if we request through online check in.

Does anyone know if there is something like a cheese plate available in the cold section of the screen door store at BWI? TIA

I checked it out today. No actual cheese plate. You could create your own with items sold there. It could require a knife (easy enough to get at Disney) and a plate or plates. I found:
- mini babybel cheese 3 pack: $3.49
- package of gouda cheese:$6.99
- package of havarti cheese:$6.99
- package of muenster cheese:$6.99
- package of white cheddar cheese:$6.99
- package of colby cheese:$5.99
- package of sliced smoked provolone cheese:$6.69
- package of sliced white american cheese:$5.99
- package of red grapes:$2.49
- package of carrots: sold out but I think baby carrots $1.99
- box of saltine crackers: no price on shelf
- box of ritz crackers: no price on shelf

You could add things from Boardwalk Bakery:
- 3-pack of cuties oranges:$4.19
- cut up fruit (cantalope, pineapple, granny smith apples):$3.99

Edit: Beach Club Marketplace does sell a fruit and cheese plate.

Last edited:
We are super excited for our first ever BWV stay coming up! We rented DVC points and booked a garden/pool view studio, wanted boardwalk view but wasn’t available I guess. We need to decide if we want to add a room request (and what we want if we do), are there any rooms in this category that are partial boardwalk views? If not, what are your favourite view requests?
Have your member request a "Village Green" view for your Studio and I would suggest you ask for a Studio on floor 2-5 in the range of x053-x057, where x is the floor number. Floor 2 is also the lobby level. The Village Green is the green space between the Villas and the Boardwalk Inn rooms. From most of them if you look left from the balcony you can see the boardwalk and Crescent lake.

Now for your DME flight requests / updates you can submit your details directly using this web link.

Link: https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

Dave

Have your member request a "Village Green" view for your Studio and I would suggest you ask for a Studio on floor 2-5 in the range of x053-x057, where x is the floor number. Floor 2 is also the lobby level. The Village Green is the green space between the Villas and the Boardwalk Inn rooms. From most of them if you look left from the balcony you can see the boardwalk and Crescent lake.

Now for your DME flight requests / updates you can submit your details directly using this web link.

Link: https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

Dave

Thank you! That is the area I was thinking of but didn’t know it’s name and if it was part of our booking category. Fingers crossed :)

I checked it out today. No actual cheese plate. You could create your own with items sold there. It could require a knife (easy enough to get at Disney) and a plate or plates. I found:
- mini babybel cheese 3 pack: $3.49
- package of gouda cheese:$6.99
- package of havarti cheese:$6.99
- package of muenster cheese:$6.99
- package of white cheddar cheese:$6.99
- package of colby cheese:$5.99
- package of sliced smoked provolone cheese:$6.69
- package of sliced white american cheese:$5.99
- package of red grapes:$2.49
- package of carrots: sold out but I think baby carrots $1.99
- box of saltine crackers: no price on shelf
- box of ritz crackers: no price on shelf

You could add things from Boardwalk Bakery:
- 3-pack of cuties oranges:$4.19
- cut up fruit (cantalope, pineapple, granny smith apples):$3.99

It’s so sweet of you to get me this information. Thank you so much. 🙂

we are checking in on 9.11 with a garden view room - any requests i should make for a room? We've never been to Boardwalk before . .it's myself and husband and our 12 year old and 5 year old.

we are checking in on 9.11 with a garden view room - any requests i should make for a room? We've never been to Boardwalk before . .it's myself and husband and our 12 year old and 5 year old.
Inn side or Villas side?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter