Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone have an old map or aerial photo of Boardwalk Inn from back before the Villas were added? If so, can you please post it? I know I was there back around the time that BWI was new but my memory is foggy and I'd love a refresh so that I can compare how things have changed. TIA

I thought they were built at the same time.

Does anyone have an old map or aerial photo of Boardwalk Inn from back before the Villas were added? If so, can you please post it? I know I was there back around the time that BWI was new but my memory is foggy and I'd love a refresh so that I can compare how things have changed. TIA

I did too. We stayed on the Villas side (for cash) in November 1996 and were under the impression the entire resort was brand new then.

I did too. We stayed on the Villas side (for cash) in November 1996 and were under the impression the entire resort was brand new then.
Both the Inn and the Villas opened July, 1996.
Thanks everyone! Like I said, my memory of being there in the 1990's is foggy. Worse than I thought, obviously, because I thought I remembered the boardwalk itself just stopping abruptly at the village green. I also thought that back then OKW was the only DVC.

Thanks everyone! Like I said, my memory of being there in the 1990's is foggy. Worse than I thought, obviously, because I thought I remembered the boardwalk itself just stopping abruptly at the village green. I also thought that back then OKW was the only DVC.

Could you have been staying at the Yacht & Beach Club? The boardwalk might have ended near that grassy area at the boat dock.

PS I too would love to see an aerial view of that area before BW Resort was built!

I think they built the actual boardwalk first and then the resort. The Yacht & Beach Club are older than BWI and BWV. So, your memory would be correct about the empty boardwalk. From what I heard they even had trams running there for the Swan & Dolphin guests.

That's not the way I remember it. I'm pretty sure that the bridge from Beach Club to BoardWalk was added at the same time the BoardWalk building was built.

(I'm looking for a photo, but for now all I have is this rendering.)

Last edited:

Our first trip we stayed at YC. Across the lake was a green fence that had a sign that said future site of Boardwalk. When we went in 1997,the inn and villas were just opened but they were still working on jellyrolls & Dance Hall. So you may remember that time.

Our first trip we stayed at YC. Across the lake was a green fence that had a sign that said future site of Boardwalk. When we went in 1997,the inn and villas were just opened but they were still working on jellyrolls & Dance Hall. So you may remember that time.
We bought BWV DVC in 1998 and the whole area was completely built by then.
Denise

Both were built at the same time. I've been furiously trying to find a photo I took, when we stayed at the Y&B Club in says 1993, looking across Cresent Lake at the construction walls. They had the huge Boardwalk logo spread across them

Does anyone have a favorite Club level room on the garden side? Looking for something quiet. Thanks in advance!

What are the typical pool hours in June? Thank you!
Signage has 7a-11p now which I think holds true for June too.

I love my home resort but this current trip has had some issues. One of three washers has been out of service the entire trip, no refill in the toiletries on day 4 (that has never happened to me before), and I had to clean the bathtub.

But I did get a beautiful spot overlooking the Village Green.

Hoping for better during F&W!

Does anyone know if you are allowed (like on the cruise) to tape or use a magnet to display a celebration sign on your room door?
Thx!

Signage has 7a-11p now which I think holds true for June too.

I love my home resort but this current trip has had some issues. One of three washers has been out of service the entire trip, no refill in the toiletries on day 4 (that has never happened to me before), and I had to clean the bathtub.

But I did get a beautiful spot overlooking the Village Green.

Hoping for better during F&W!

Thank you for the pool hours information!

I’m sorry things aren’t bad great as they should be for you. I hope it gets better!

Does anyone know if you are allowed (like on the cruise) to tape or use a magnet to display a celebration sign on your room door?
Thx!
No tape or sticky stuff. If you are staying in a DVC villa, DVC has asked guests not to post stuff on the doors or windows where it can be seen by other guests.

DW and I will be attending a VIP tour at the MK during our June stay. How early do the buses run from BWI to MK? With a 9:00 start time to the tour, I want to make sure we are not late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter