• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Go to touring plans.com and search for Boardwalk Inn rooms. Put in for standard queen club level rooms and it will highlight the rooms on the fourth floor. For reference, room 4235 is across the hall from the lounge. Room 4232 is on the same side next to the lounge. The lounge faces the quiet pool and you will be able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from the club level balcony.. it will not be highlighted red but will remain white.

Thank you! Thank you! I have used Touring Plans to see where the rooms are located, but couldn't figure out which rooms were next to the lounge (and therefore where the lounge is). This is exactly what I needed! :-D

Can a 14-year-old boy sleep comfortably in the pull down bed in Deluxe studio villa? I was told an adult could sleep comfortably on it. Starting to worry.
Depends on your 14 year old boy. I’m a teacher, and some of my 14 yr old boys are 5’1” and some are 6’1”. Up to about 5’7” you should be ok.

Our son is playing baseball all summer so we likely won't do much travel. He's got about ten days between end of summer ball and start of School. He wants to go back to sleep away camp so while he is gone we are going to take our daughter to Disney. Just booked boardwalk 7/22-7/27 and we are hoping to spend some time at the new toy story land.

My apologies ahead of time if this is posted somewhere and I'm just not finding it.

My DH and I are taking an anniversary trip in September 2018 and will be staying at the Boardwalk Inn. It is our first time there, and we are planning to splurge on club Level. I know the club lounge is on the fourth floor, and I can find maps that help me "see" which rooms are considered club level and where they are placed in the resort itself, but I have yet to find where in the resort the club lounge is location (e.g., near which room numbers?).

Does anyone know (or know where I can find the information)?

TIA!

@CogsworthTN answered but here is my boardwalk cl map from November I made.It will give you an idea of what it looks like. only put Water view numbers on it because that is what I had booked.

img_0842-png.283962

Can a 14-year-old boy sleep comfortably in the pull down bed in Deluxe studio villa? I was told an adult could sleep comfortably on it. Starting to worry.
From the DVC member website:
Deluxe Studio – Garden/Pool View

View of Pool, Water or Garden Areas
1 queen-size bed, 1 full-size sleeper sofa, 1 single pull-down bed (29" x 67")

Sleeps Up to 5

I'm so glad to see this thread pop back up in my feed. It reminded me to share our thoughts from our Jan 20 -27th stay. We rented DVC points for a 1 bdrm standard view and ended up with room 4121 which was ready when we arrived a little before noon and happened to be in the exact area we requested via Touring Plans fax service. We loved our room. It was right across the hall from the stairs leading to the walkway that heads to the parking lot. We drove to FL and used our car to get to AK and MK so this location was perfect. The room itself was lovely. The balcony was a bit smaller than we are used to at AKL (where we've always stayed before this trip), but it was still nice. We had a view of the small water feature, the fountain, the bridge, trees, the Boardwalk entrance, (yes, the parking lot), and the Eiffel Tower from our balcony. No complaints regarding the view at all. Also, the room was very quiet which was great for us since we prefer to sleep in and head to the parks a little later in the day.

Our room was a small hike from the elevators, but it really wasn't that bad. Air conditioning and carpet were quite comfy after a long day walking on concrete. We took the elevators to the first floor to go to the Boardwalk, Epcot, and HS and took it again upon our return to the room, and it was not a terrible trek.

We were surprisingly very pleased with this resort. We ended up here because we were wait-listed for AKL and this was our second choice. We opted to go with the second choice in order to secure a room but harbored a bit of doubt because we are fans of AKL. Boardwalk won us over. The lobby is charming. The music reminds us of UP - a favorite movie. The lobby scent was yummy. The staff far surpassed that at AKL. Every staff encounter we had that week exceeded our expectations. The location cannot be beat. I never want to see the main entrance to Epcot ever again. The international gate is so much nicer and easier to enter. We felt so very spoiled. We also loved taking the boat to and from HS and over to the Swan for a game of mini golf. We hung out at the pool for a part of one day and enjoyed that so much that, next trip, we are planning two half days for the pool. The Boardwalk atmosphere at night was different and fun for us. Love the lights everywhere. We can't believe it, but the Boardwalk is our new favorite. Yes, we still love the animals, landscaping, lobby and restaurants at AKL, but there's just something about the Boardwalk. I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but when we talked about where we'd want to stay next, we all unhesitatingly said the Boardwalk.

As for the Boardwalk itself, we visited the bakery, Ample Hills, Trattoria al Forno, the shop, the photo booths (LOVE), and the carnival type games (fun for my husband and daughter to do together). I wish we would have rented a bike. Next time. Ample Hills was the best ice cream I've ever had. It has ruined me for any other ice cream. Trattoria al Forno's Bon Voyage breakfast was very good but busy and long. The Bakery was so so. I do wish there was a quick service on par with the Mara on the Boardwalk, but the lack of one won't keep me from staying here again.

We were so very sad to leave this resort and wish we were still there. Our daughter said she was in mourning when she first woke up back at home because she wasn't waking up at the Boardwalk. Not WDW. The Boardwalk. Coming from a typically rather stoic teen, I count that as high praise for the place.

Just returned from my nine night retirement celebration. We spent the last two nights in a garden cottage. We loved it and would definitely stay there again, they are so cute. We really didn't mind the hike to the lounge. We found the stairs for the shortcut to the lounge, but we didn't use them. For the coffee drinkers I just wanted to add there are Keurigs in the rooms now. It looks like all the resorts are switching out the Cuisinart ones for Keurigs. We had a Keurig in the YC and GF as well.

@CogsworthTN answered but here is my boardwalk cl map from November I made.It will give you an idea of what it looks like. only put Water view numbers on it because that is what I had booked.

img_0842-png.283962

Trish these maps are a wonderful resource..thanks so much for sharing them here....:goodvibes

Hi, all! Recently booked my first Boardwalk Inn stay, woohoo! Garden View Room, May 6-11, Solo trip. I'm so excited!

Congrats! prepare to be very plesantly surprised!

Just returned from my nine night retirement celebration. We spent the last two nights in a garden cottage. We loved it and would definitely stay there again, they are so cute. We really didn't mind the hike to the lounge. We found the stairs for the shortcut to the lounge, but we didn't use them. For the coffee drinkers I just wanted to add there are Keurigs in the rooms now. It looks like all the resorts are switching out the Cuisinart ones for Keurigs. We had a Keurig in the YC and GF as well.

It was so great to see you..:goodvibes and help you celebrate your retirement! I too thought that your garden cottage was charming...and am thinking we would like to try one in the near future! A bit of Disney logic there....:thumbsup2

We are just back from yet another wonderful stay at the BWI...Not only is the resort just so very lovely...you cannot beat walking or boating to two parks...on our one MK day we took the resort bus, and it did not take long at all...:thumbsup2 and I continue to be a fan of the Disney bus system...although I will admit..when we have time constraints, those Minnie Vans are great!

I am just popping in..but I will be back to share some of the pics that I took...I spent a good amount of time strolling the pretty grounds and taking lots ...

Happy Tuesday fellow (or soon to be) Boardwalk fans! :earsgirl:

Last edited:
But that's not happening at the DVC resorts as of yet. That would be one big expense on owners.

Thank you! Thank you! I have used Touring Plans to see where the rooms are located, but couldn't figure out which rooms were next to the lounge (and therefore where the lounge is). This is exactly what I needed! :-D
The lounge is not far from where we stayed a few months ago room 4223. It was an incredible room with a private balcony, pretty much over the Boardwalk Bakery to give you a reference.

Depends on your 14 year old boy. I’m a teacher, and some of my 14 yr old boys are 5’1” and some are 6’1”. Up to about 5’7” you should be ok.
My 17 year old sleeps on it. It is really a nice mattress. The pull out couch was so different. Very comfy and no bar in the middle. Well, that was a studio at the Beach Club. We are staying at a Studio in March at the Boardwalk. You will be fine. It is almost like a regular twin bed. My soon to be 18 year old is not a big kid, but he loved the pull down bed. My boys did not have to share a double bed so that was nice.

Just booked our first trip at the Boardwalk for August/September and am so excited!! I wanted GF but kids won out!! Lol. Looking forward to reading through this thread

Unless your kids are quite young and you anticipate spending a high percentage of your time at the MK, you will absolutely love the Boardwalk and not regret your choice. The ability to walk to two parks, the tremendous variety of restaurants within walking distance not only on the Boardwalk itself, but the other Epcot resorts + the World Showcase makes it an ideal location. And then there's the entertainment/recreation options like the water mice and surrey bikes during the day, and the live entertainment at night. Of course we're biased because we're DVC members with BWV as our home resort, but even if you gave my family the choice of any other resort they'd still choose the Boardwalk. Well, maybe the Poly Bungalows could tempt us just once!

Unless your kids are quite young and you anticipate spending a high percentage of your time at the MK, you will absolutely love the Boardwalk and not regret your choice. The ability to walk to two parks, the tremendous variety of restaurants within walking distance not only on the Boardwalk itself, but the other Epcot resorts + the World Showcase makes it an ideal location. And then there's the entertainment/recreation options like the water mice and surrey bikes during the day, and the live entertainment at night. Of course we're biased because we're DVC members with BWV as our home resort, but even if you gave my family the choice of any other resort they'd still choose the Boardwalk. Well, maybe the Poly Bungalows could tempt us just once!

Thank you....our kids are 6,9,11 and we will only be doing one day at MK and one party! we love the epcot area! I wanted GF as I got a great rate but couldnt convince them otherwise :) Now i need to research requests for standard view rooms

My 17 year old sleeps on it. It is really a nice mattress. The pull out couch was so different. Very comfy and no bar in the middle. Well, that was a studio at the Beach Club. We are staying at a Studio in March at the Boardwalk. You will be fine. It is almost like a regular twin bed. My soon to be 18 year old is not a big kid, but he loved the pull down bed. My boys did not have to share a double bed so that was nice.

Thank you! This is a relief. My boys do not want to share the double bed.

Twilight Sparkle I meant to mention yesterday how much that I enjoyed reading your review...we felt the same way after years of staying at only monorail resorts....and really truly enjoyed the BWI and all that it has to offer...a kind of hidden gem IMO....:cloud9:

Thank you....our kids are 6,9,11 and we will only be doing one day at MK and one party! we love the epcot area! I wanted GF as I got a great rate but couldnt convince them otherwise :) Now i need to research requests for standard view rooms

Congrats on booking the BWI....you really are in for a very pleasant surprise....:goodvibes..as for the standard room location...just be aware..that there has been a recent change in room categories...and now in addition to water and standard view...there is also a "garden view" category....when I inquired at the desk about this I was told that standard view rooms are pretty much of the front of the resort, which encompasses the porte cochere..(did I spell that right????? :blush::laughing:) ...drive way area.. and walk way to the bus stop...it is nicely landscaped..but it is still the front of the resort...two of my friends recently had the standard room category for their trips..and both did have views of the front entrance of the resort...

The second floor is the lobby level..with a staircase that leads right on out to the BW....Some of the upper floors 4 or 5, have some very nice views...(on the garden side even fireworks viewing...) I would recommend Touring Plans for more detailed info on what location in the resort you might prefer...:thumbsup2

I will be back with photos..as promised..soon...for some reason the sizing on my pics reverted to the prior settings and are too large....:confused::headache:..so I am trying to resize....wish me luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter