• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

You should not have an option for "Toy Story Section", that would be All Stars Sports not Boardwalk! Sounds like a glitch. Unfortunately, when I did my online checkin there was no option for a balcony, just near elevator, near lobby and upper or lower floors. I included a balcony request on my Touring Plans fax.

Staying off site this trip but we'd like to visit the Boardwalk.
Would we be able to leave our car in the Hollywood Studios lot after Fantasmic and take the boat to Boardwalk? Then take boat back after an hour or so? Do the boats run that late?

Unless it is a night when Fantasmic is running twice and you are talking about the first, no. The boats will not be running back to studios unless there is a still a line of people waiting to take the boat back to the Boardwalk area....there is no reason to transport people to a closed park. However, you can walk from the Boardwalk area back to the studios so it really won't matter as long as you are willing to take a long stroll!

We're renting points for our August trip. My daughter's friend, who lives in Orlando, is going to spend a day with us. Can I add him to reservation when we check in or does the DVC member have to add him?

We're renting points for our August trip. My daughter's friend, who lives in Orlando, is going to spend a day with us. Can I add him to reservation when we check in or does the DVC member have to add him?

Is the friend just coming during the day, or staying over night? If it is just during the day, I don't think there would be any need to add them to the reservation, they're just visiting.

Hello! I just finished a full video tour of Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas in 4K UHD. I hope this is helpful to anyone planning a trip or to anyone who wants to relive fond memories of a past trip. :-)

Thanks so much for the video. It's wonderful. BWI is my favorite the resort!

He's just staying for the day. My only concern was using the pool. I know he can go in the quite pools but if he's not on resv he can't use the "clown" pool.

He's just staying for the day. My only concern was using the pool. I know he can go in the quite pools but if he's not on resv he can't use the "clown" pool.
Actually he is not supposed to go in any of the pools if he is not saying at the resort, but if he is added on to your reservation, he will be able to go in them with you.
Denise

Actually he is not supposed to go in any of the pools if he is not saying at the resort, but if he is added on to your reservation, he will be able to go in them with you.
Denise

If you want to be totally on the up and up and avoid any trouble you could add him as an overnight guest for one night (it's like $20). He would be added to the reservation and have no issues with any of the pools.

If you want to be totally on the up and up and avoid any trouble you could add him as an overnight guest for one night (it's like $20). He would be added to the reservation and have no issues with any of the pools.
The poster said she was renting points, so she would be staying in BWV. There is no charge for an extra guest in DVC resorts. They just need to be within the correct amount allowed in that room.
Denise

We are renting points for a studio May 4-12, 2018 at BWV. This will be our fourth trip to WDW and first staying somewhere other than a moderate. We've done the Grand California Villas at Disneyland twice and loved it (just returned in May from our most recent trip). We have visited the Boardwalk every time we've been to the World, and have always wanted to stay there. I'm so looking forward to walking to Epcot and the Studios.

Does anyone know if all the rooms have the new, smaller, dark wood chest of drawers rather then the old, larger, yellow one? I really liked the storage in the old ones. Can anyone tell me how the storage space is in the new ones?

Hello! I just finished a full video tour of Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas in 4K UHD. I hope this is helpful to anyone planning a trip or to anyone who wants to relive fond memories of a past trip. :-)

Thank you so much for this great video! We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas in September for our first WDW trip and your tour makes the resort look wonderful. I'm so excited!

We are thinking of switching from the YC to the BWI for our trip in August. When were the BWI rooms updated? Is there any problems with the rooms being cool at night? People at the YC have been saying the a/c goes off in the middle of the night and the rooms get stuffy. Do the rooms at the BWI have a ceiling fan? We definitely want a balcony. Do most standard BWI rooms have one? Thanks for any insight.

The poster said she was renting points, so she would be staying in BWV. There is no charge for an extra guest in DVC resorts. They just need to be within the correct amount allowed in that room.
Denise

We're renting a studio and he would be the 4th person, so we're good there. I'm going to contact my friend and add him on. It's going to be hot, hot, hot so I know he'll want to go swimming. Thank you all. Happy 4th to all!

We were going to walk to the gas station near BW (late August) to get snacks, alcohol, etc. Is there construction near the gas station that would make it difficult to walk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter