Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Odd question, but in the 2 bedrooms, do they offer something to hold the door open? Or would a stopper work if I brought one from home?

Sitting in the lobby over at AKL waiting in DME and we were surprised to see showers at the pool restrooms (Kadani Village pool) stocked with soap, shampoo, etc.

We planned on refreshing in the pool before our flight home but a full shower was a nice surprise.

Anyway, does the restroom at Boardwalk across from the fitness center have a shower similar to this? Do any of the poolside restrooms do?

We have another stay at the Boardwalk in January and it would be a huge plus for a later flight home if it's an option.

Sitting in the lobby over at AKL waiting in DME and we were surprised to see showers at the pool restrooms (Kadani Village pool) stocked with soap, shampoo, etc.

We planned on refreshing in the pool before our flight home but a full shower was a nice surprise.

Anyway, does the restroom at Boardwalk across from the fitness center have a shower similar to this? Do any of the poolside restrooms do?

We have another stay at the Boardwalk in January and it would be a huge plus for a later flight home if it's an option.

The shower facilities are inside the fitness center. There are lockers as well. We have often used this facility for our last day when we have a later flight and want to spend some time at the pools.

Odd question, but in the 2 bedrooms, do they offer something to hold the door open? Or would a stopper work if I brought one from home?

I'm guessing you mean the lock-off doors between the studio and the 1 BR? We were just there earlier this month and the doors stayed open with no effort. We pushed them closed at night while we were sleeping (but didn't lock them). A stopper should work if you really want to pack it, but I don't think it's necessary.

I'm guessing you mean the lock-off doors between the studio and the 1 BR? We were just there earlier this month and the doors stayed open with no effort. We pushed them closed at night while we were sleeping (but didn't lock them). A stopper should work if you really want to pack it, but I don't think it's necessary.

Oh great! Good to know

Throwing a question out to the BWI regulars. We are planning a large family trip for the 50th Disney Celebration and yes I know that's years away but no time like the present. We will have at least 9 adults and one child and are hoping to keep us all together. I have toured the suite on the CL floor but don't remember how many it sleeps or if you can add rooms to it. Are there any other suites at the BWI that have three bedrooms connected? Not really interested in any of the Villa rooms. Long ago we stayed in a 3 bedroom suite that slept 12 at the GF but that was a free upgrade so I don't know who to contact when it comes to booking suites. How soon can you start to book these rooms? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The shower facilities are inside the fitness center. There are lockers as well. We have often used this facility for our last day when we have a later flight and want to spend some time at the pools.
Awesome...thanks.

Hmmm...We have a reservation for 7-13 to 7-18 at BWI and I have not received a construction letter. They were painting last July when we were there. What could they be doing now??

I'll log your dates, @mexi :)

Love reading all the reviews and information... we are staying for the first time on the BWV side this August (8/17-8/23). we are renting points for 2 studios (one standard/one Boardwalk view...we know they will not be anywhere near one another and that is fine :)) and a 1 BR standard booked through Disney travel.

Congratulations on booking and I'll add your dates, @tigerlilly.

Okay all ... Staying for 5 days at Boardwalk Villas from November 25 to 30 (courtesy of some DVC points a colleague let me rent) with the wife and 2 boys (15 and 11). I have a "Preferred View" 1BR Villa - which I understand is near the pool / garden area. It's my first stay there, though we've spent many many nights hanging out on the Boardwalk over the years.

I was thinking I should probably call and add a room request. Any idea what, specifically, I should ask them for ?

I like the idea of a balcony, would really like a good view (even though we won't spend a lot of time in the room), and would really prefer not to be real close to an elevator lobby or a noisy ice machine.

From what I read, there's a lot of walking to the room either way; shouldn't be too much of a problem, though if there's something closer that fits the bill, that would be great too.

Thanks for any info ! Really looking forward to this trip.

I'll add your dates to POST 1, @jcvalenti :)

Here now -- got in last night. We are on the BWI side with a standard view. I asked for highest floor and got a 5th floor room overlooking the entryway to the resort. I'd have preferred overlooking the gardens, but this is fine. Our neighbors were late getting in last night and are loud talkers. Hopefully they'll leave soon. I'm going to request a box fan to help muffle the sound tonight; my whiten noise app didn't quite do it. DD was fine but, as she said, she is used to the college dorm!

We are off to Typhoon Lagoon this morning. I've been looking forward to Miss Adventure falls since it opened!

I don't really see any construction going on. The astroturf looks nicer than I thought it would. I feel very "at home" here.

Thanks for reporting about your stay and I hope you and DD get to plan another trip soon, @Sandi.

We are booked for a water or pool view deluxe studio 2/25-3/3! Our favorite time of year to go as all five of us LOVE F&G. Slightly nervous that the gondola construction will interfere with our favorite reason for staying at BWV, the IG entrance, but crossing our fingers!

Congratulations and I'll log your dates, @5olearys :)

Please forgive me for not reading this entire thread, I skimmed intro, I haven't stayed BW since 2000. I booked SV CL room and would like to know if any SV is better then another. I'd love a glimpse of YC/BC, boat docks, or maybe catch fireworks from our balcony? Can use a daybed, but is not a necessity. I understand if I request a room it is just a request, not a guarantee. Wondering who has preferences and what they are. Are any rooms near service elevators to be avoided? Thanks for all your help.

Welcome back! Since your last CL stay, the rooms have been re-classified and Water/BoardWalk View is now a bookable CL category. However, with a SV room, you might be able to see Wishes from the rooms that overlook the garden and quiet pool area "in back." There may still be some SV rooms in this area, but I'm not sure. The Water/BW View description now includes "BWI Gardens" which is where the rooms with a Wishes view were located. All rooms at BWI have a daybed.

Just got back from a BWV 1-bedroom Garden/Pool view stay. We had asked for a high floor overlooking the canal by the Swan & Dolphin. Ended up in Room 4116 overlooking the quiet pool and canal. Not a bad view but not in room at night to see if it is a fireworks view. It was nice and quiet in the morning for breakfast on the balcony. It was far from the elevators but easy to get to the busses by using the stairs.

We didn't see any construction and had no problems with parking.

This is something very joy inducing about looking at page 1 and realizing your trip is the next one up on the list. 6 more days - can't get here fast enough. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by writing this! Thanks to all who have helped me learn so much about this wonderful resort. Can't wait to see it in person!

Right now we are staying in WDW in August for 5 nights at YC and 3 nights at GF. We are thinking of changing our 5 night YC to 5 nights at BWI. We want to try different resorts and we stayed at BC last summer. BWI looks nice but wondering about the ammentities compared to the YC. Is the health spa comparable at both the YC and BWI? When the was the last time the rooms were refurbished at the BWI? Are they worn down or are in good condition. We would be booking a standard view and do want a balcony. The travel agent did not think we would have a hard time getting a balcony at BWI. Any info would be appreciated.

Right now we are staying in WDW in August for 5 nights at YC and 3 nights at GF. We are thinking of changing our 5 night YC to 5 nights at BWI. We want to try different resorts and we stayed at BC last summer. BWI looks nice but wondering about the ammentities compared to the YC. Is the health spa comparable at both the YC and BWI? When the was the last time the rooms were refurbished at the BWI? Are they worn down or are in good condition. We would be booking a standard view and do want a balcony. The travel agent did not think we would have a hard time getting a balcony at BWI. Any info would be appreciated.

We love the BWI, every time we stay somewhere else we wish we were at BWI. We stayed at YC in April in a refurbished room, it was nice. The rooms at BWI were refurbished in 2014 (?). We have only used the spa TA GF and SSR not BWI so I can't comment. We have only once not had a balcony at BWI but we did have a view of the "Boardwalk Greens", which included the village greens, water and Boardwalk. We almost always book standard view and get upgraded sometimes, even got upgraded to club level, deluxe room the last time we stayed there. Usually book 2 rooms as we go with DD and her family or Girlfriends trip.

This is something very joy inducing about looking at page 1 and realizing your trip is the next one up on the list. 6 more days - can't get here fast enough. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by writing this! Thanks to all who have helped me learn so much about this wonderful resort. Can't wait to see it in person!
I'm not next but my trip is this month! so excited!

Just came back from a stay at the Poly and as much as I love their studios, they don't hold a candle to the Boardwalk when it comes to the pool. There aren't enough chairs there and definitely not enough in the shade. At the Luna pool, you have all those chairs under the trees opposite the bar, on the other side of the pool.

Just came back from a stay at the Poly and as much as I love their studios, they don't hold a candle to the Boardwalk when it comes to the pool. There aren't enough chairs there and definitely not enough in the shade. At the Luna pool, you have all those chairs under the trees opposite the bar, on the other side of the pool.
I do like the Oasis pool, not so much the Volcano pool but Luna Park is our favorite. Never have a problem finding a chair or two. We end up sitting near the baby pool!

This will also be my family and I first stay at BW on 07/30-08/04. We're all super excited!

Just to double check BW accepts deliveries from Garden Grocer correct? Thanks in advance.

I am here now. BWI side 4th floor CL. We had fire alarms go off at 3:30 this morning and had to go down to the court yard for half an hour or so until they checked it out and got them turned off. Other than that this has been a magical trip. The CL was pixie dust upgrade at check in. I has a perfect boardwalk view and could even see some of the final wishes from my balcony last night.
Did you have a boardwalk view or a standard view? I am secretly hoping for an upgrade but we have a standard room. Thanks!

Quick question, do any of the studios on the villas side have connection doors between them? Booking two studios for my family and was wondering. Just stayed in two studios at the Poly and they did, but wasn't sure about BWV since the Poly rooms were converted from regular hotel rooms to DVC. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter