Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Here is the map that is often posted that shows the general location of the different BWV views. Do you want to be close to the lobby/elevators or do you want a quieter less trafficked area?

BWVRoomViewsbyGranny.jpg

Dave

Were booked Dec.4-10 deluxe room club level and received the dreaded letter a couple of weeks ago.

Hmmm. I'm a little worried now. Others that are arriving during our trip have received the letter. You're in the same category as us and received the letter, but we arrive 6 weeks later. Curiouser & curiouser.

FYI just got the construction letter in my mail yesterday for our stay January 28-February 3rd

I might be the current leader for latest stay while receiving the dreaded letter

For trips coming up in Nov/Dec (Pop and WLV) and Jan/Feb (BWV and Pop), I've gotten construction letters for Boardwalk Villas, Wilderness Lodge, and Pop Century!

Last edited:

:wave:
I'll be back to multi-quote soon, but in the meantime, I've completed my TR which starts HERE. PAGE 17 has my TRIP SUMMARY/ASSESSMENT. While I didn't stay at BWI, the TR includes BWI/BWV and BW photos.

Just read your Summary Report. Thanks for the great overview and summary. Sorry you had so many issues come up, but it was good to hear how you handled them and your experience with the CMs. Makes me happy to stick with BWI! I also appreciated hearing how things went as a single traveler -- I've had one day and occasional hours as a single and expect that I may do that more in the future due to circumstances. Completely doable!

Thanks again Kook! You're a peach.

What category room did you book with points? Standard, pool/garden, or boardwalk view? If your "preferred view" is a pool/garden view, you will face the main pool, the quiet pool, the canal, or perhaps the Village Green.

Denise
All it says is a Studio Preferred View. So it may just be a surprise when I arrive. I am honestly not that fussy, any view at Disney is better than a view at home :)

Kook, please add us to the Bulletin for 10/17-24 and 12/8-12. Thanks.

You got it!

I just got back from a 5 night stay at BW villas. We stayed in a one bedroom - Room 2102 (main floor) - The room was amazing. I did not see any construction going on with the exception of the front of the hotel. We had a great view of the Star Wars fire works - Luckily my daughter slept through the noise. We were able to enjoy a nice glass of wine on the balcony while we watched.

Thanks for posting about your villa experience.

Giraffes for princesses? In searching thru Disney pictures on my phone, I have more pictures of princesses than giraffes, so I guess we know what exotic attraction I'm looking at? :lmao:

Here's a farm fresh giraffe from about a week ago...that was on my iPhone...

IMG_1680.jpg

In happy news!!! We are coming back to BWI!!! I switched my Poly reservation 11/30-12/2! DS15 is singing in the CP on 12/1. We also have a DIS friend staying with us!!! BW view CL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Welcome back to the Innkeeper's Club and I'll get you logged.

Me and my DH will be in the BWV 11/27-12/4. Maybe we'll see you there!

I'll log you, too if you aren't already:)

ETA: Had you down for 11/28 which I changed:)

My sister and I arrive on March 18 for a CL stay at the Boardwalk Inn. Just sent in our Vacation Planning forms to the Itinerary Planning office! So excited. I hope we can actually get confirmation for most of our dining requests. We requested a Fantasmic dinner package for Mama Melrose for 6:30 seating....has anyone had any luck with actually getting dinner time seating?

Did you get your dinner package and other requests?

Second BWI stay coming up 11/3-10, for Wine and Dine race weekend.

Has anybody ever done lifestyle portraits with a Disney photographer (Photopass) at BWI? We were thinking of photos after race day, with our medals, at BWI.

Yippee! I'll log your dates.

I am so excited, we arrive in 2 days!!

I was thinking of ordering a couple things from the shop parks app and have them delivered to the resort. Can anyone tell me if I do will it be at the front desk waiting for me at check-in, or would it be in the business center? I'm not sure how it works if things are coming from within the parks. Thanks!

I hope you're having a magical time. I would assume that the items ship from a warehouse and not actually from within the parks? How did this all work out?

Many thanks to those who responded to my inquiry about where to eat without an ADR for 8pm arrival. Some, I was familiar with, but others I wasn't (like Picabu and Crews Cup). Never went to a lounge at Disney, can children bee seated there? Sadly, we will not have a ticket to use for Epcot that evening. So, we will be limited to what is in immediate area. Thanks again.

Just adding to @pixarmom's post that Crew's Club has very limited seating. I ate at the bar there about a week ago and even that was crowded, but I was there earlier than you would be. Most guests move on quickly though to ADRs at YS next door, so if you wait, you can probably get a large booth. I think they have only 4 booths, one table for two and a sofa/chair in the middle.

I check-in tomorrow to BWI!!!!:yay: I'm going to do my best to post live updates in my PTR/TR (link is in my signature - My Oct 2016 PTR) so if you want to follow along - please do!

I've heard about how the painting currently going on at BWI involves hammering, saws and lots of noise in general. Hoping they will take a break for the weekend!

So you're already there now, but your TR is for October? I hope you're having a fabulous time!

Our waitlist for a 2 BR Boardwalk view in April/May came through earlier this week, so we've got that going for us. This will be our first trip as DVC members*.

*by members I mean we purchased resale after 4/4/16 and I still don't know the proper term for is for us since we don't receive all the benefits.

Congratulations!

For trips coming up in Nov/Dec (Pop and WLV) and Jan/Feb (BWV and Pop), I've gotten constitution letters for Boardwalk Villas, Wilderness Lodge, and Pop Century!

Gee, for you it's more like getting a tax bill than a vacation booking congratulations.

Just read your Summary Report. Thanks for the great overview and summary. Sorry you had so many issues come up, but it was good to hear how you handled them and your experience with the CMs. Makes me happy to stick with BWI! I also appreciated hearing how things went as a single traveler -- I've had one day and occasional hours as a single and expect that I may do that more in the future due to circumstances. Completely doable!

Thanks again Kook! You're a peach.

Aww, thanks so much, @Sandi, I'm glad you enjoyed it and it is absolutely doable. It's like a Stacy "must-do!"

Just adding to @pixarmom's post that Crew's Club has very limited seating. I ate at the bar there about a week ago and even that was crowded, but I was there earlier than you would be. Most guests move on quickly though to ADRs at YS next door, so if you wait, you can probably get a large booth. I think they have only 4 booths, one table for two and a sofa/chair in the middle.

This is a really good point! I was initially planning to get dinner at Crew's Cup the night before the marathon in January because our older kids are flying in that day and I didn't want to be nervous about an ADR. But after posting about Crew's Cup, I thought more about the seating situation. What if it's busy and we have to wait, and then I stay up too late? So I made an ADR for Yachtsman instead to guarantee a pre-marathon meal at an early-enough hour. If the big kids miss the ADR, there are plenty of other options!

This is a really good point! I was initially planning to get dinner at Crew's Cup the night before the marathon in January because our older kids are flying in that day and I didn't want to be nervous about an ADR. But after posting about Crew's Cup, I thought more about the seating situation. What if it's busy and we have to wait, and then I stay up too late? So I made an ADR for Yachtsman instead to guarantee a pre-marathon meal at an early-enough hour. If the big kids miss the ADR, there are plenty of other options!

I think that's a smart move, and besides, YS has a much better menu than CC;)

I hope you're having a magical time. I would assume that the items ship from a warehouse and not actually from within the parks? [/QUOT

Having a great time! My purchase was waiting for me at Screen Door so Im pretty sure it came from within the parks.

Last edited:
Aloha, @WDWKOOK , please adjust my dates! i just got my wishlist of AKL CL for March 10-12, so we'll only be at BWV from March 1-5 then again March 7-10. Thanks!

Hi - anyone got any recent photos of a 1 bedroomed villa to share?

Thanks

Hello, everyone! Sitting at the airport now with a delayed flight. Just spent 6 nights in a deluxe club level room at the Boardwalk and had a spectacular time. We booked a standard club level room and were upgraded to a deluxe club level room. The room number was 4257, I had the same room 5 years ago and completely love it. The staff was amazing, Lorenzo in the lounge was particularly a stand-out. Last night, we were treated to a magical fireworks display out over the lake that we could watch from our balcony, it was amazing and a nice way to end our vacation. We ate at Trattoria al Forno and loved it. Finally some good Italian at Disney! Overall, I would give our Boardwalk experience a 10 out of 10, there is a reason it is my favorite resort. <3

Hello, everyone! Sitting at the airport now with a delayed flight. Just spent 6 nights in a deluxe club level room at the Boardwalk and had a spectacular time. We booked a standard club level room and were upgraded to a deluxe club level room. The room number was 4257, I had the same room 5 years ago and completely love it. The staff was amazing, Lorenzo in the lounge was particularly a stand-out. Last night, we were treated to a magical fireworks display out over the lake that we could watch from our balcony, it was amazing and a nice way to end our vacation. We ate at Trattoria al Forno and loved it. Finally some good Italian at Disney! Overall, I would give our Boardwalk experience a 10 out of 10, there is a reason it is my favorite resort. <3

We were just leaving Trattoria when those fireworks started. I overheard someone say they were for a wedding. It was a nice surprise since we left Epcot early due to the storms.
I also watched the DHS fireworks from my balcony, it was a nice view even though there was a small tree in the way. I'm leaving tomorrow, so sad to go.

Here is the map that is often posted that shows the general location of the different BWV views. Do you want to be close to the lobby/elevators or do you want a quieter less trafficked area?

View attachment 195453

Dave

Thanks Dave006 - your information is very helpful and informative!!

WDWKOOK - would you mind adding our dates?! We will be back home April 23 thru May 6. But I don't want to discuss our leave date...

That's great to know. I actually booked the deluxe club level for last week in January. I've never stayed in that category at the BWI....didn't want to spend the money:). Lucky you to be upgraded to that level! They say the 3rd floor rooms have bigger balconies but the 4th floor is where the goodies are. I requested the 4th floor anyway....did you by chance take any pictures of the room or from the room, looking out over the boardwalk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter