Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Jan 2016 stay at the BWV is "PAID OFF" :P. Quickest payoff ever!!!!!!!!!! Just had to tell someone.............I knew the folks here would understand! Park Tickets being covered by Disney Vacation Acct.........only have to come up with the airfare! :flower1: 8 months to do that!!!

Wooohoooo!!

Doug :goofy:
Saaaa Weeeet...:thumbsup2

I was convinced that I was going to try a different resort each time but when the summer discounts came out today, the CSR Jr. suite that we had booked was only discounted 10% and the BWI Deluxe CL was discounted 30%. The difference was about $500 to upgrade and since I loved BWI CL last year, it was a very easy decision to switch. We will be there 7/11/15-7/16/15. Please add me to the list. I think my kids are just as excited as I am!!

Just got back and missing my friends in the Innkeepers lounge. They are by far the nicest/friendliest group of CL staff of any of the places that I have stayed. Going back in October 16th

Just trying to pay forward all the awesome assistance I got when I first joined the DIS. I hope she sees the alert too. Thanks for assisting KOOK!
It's a team effort:)

Ditto!!!!:thumbsup2

Muchas Gracias..KooK
De nada! Which reminds me that I'll be forcing my family to ride with me next week on the Mexico boat ride:boat: OLÉ!

Thank you dansdad for redirecting! It's been awhile since I've been on here and I'ma little rusty. And thanks also wdwkook. That info is good to know.
A lot has changed with the new forum software, but we're still the same old friendly thread:)

:sunny:Hi everyone!
We'll be staying at BWI in July, Club Level...can't wait! Has anyone tried Trattoria al Forno? Thinking about eating there on arrival evening. I looked at the menu; is the food quality pretty good? Thanks!
psac was one of the first to post his review and photos the same day it opened, right here on this thread. The link is in the DINING chapter (POST 11) of the thread.

I'm excited my husband and I just decided to do an adult only trip with a stay here in Nov or Dec. I want to see Osborne lights, we need to do one more trip for frequent flier miles status and what better way to do it, and my DH has an AP this year. I'm hoping for an AP discount - do they exist for this hotel. I Hope it all works out :) I will be going through the posts to read all about the place now!
AP rates are offered throughout the year at all the resorts. You can also book now and when a rate you're eligible for is released, you can apply the discounted rate to your reservation, as long as it's available.

Well I have added days to our June trip. Our dates are now 6/7 to 6/13 instead of 6/9 to 6/14. Amazing how good knocking 2 days off of our countdown calendar can feel.

I was wondering whether there is a usual schedule of what the hot appetizers are in the Club Lounge like there is at WL?
I didn't get a look at the Innkeeper's Club binder to take pictures of their menu schedule, sorry. It's great adding days and arriving earlier than planned:)

It's been a long time since I have been on here. Went Oct 13 with the family and a secret trip w/ just DH last May. Excited for our trip staying at BWI May 14-24. A long stay and our first Delux and first Epcot resort area. I will be reading this thread to get idea and tips on rooms to request and on how to order my water/drinks from Amazon to be delivered to the resort.

Welcome back and congratulations on booking. A lot of firsts for you and I'm sure they won't be your last;)

Jan 2016 stay at the BWV is "PAID OFF" :P. Quickest payoff ever!!!!!!!!!! Just had to tell someone.............I knew the folks here would understand! Park Tickets being covered by Disney Vacation Acct.........only have to come up with the airfare! 8 months to do that!!!

Wooohoooo!!

Doug :goofy:
You know what that means, Doug?????

The PiF (Paid in Full) Dancing Guy for you! We only bring him out for special occasions...

:dancer:

I was convinced that I was going to try a different resort each time but when the summer discounts came out today, the CSR Jr. suite that we had booked was only discounted 10% and the BWI Deluxe CL was discounted 30%. The difference was about $500 to upgrade and since I loved BWI CL last year, it was a very easy decision to switch. We will be there 7/11/15-7/16/15. Please add me to the list. I think my kids are just as excited as I am!!
Nice work and I'll log your dates. There's also an Orbitz 15% off code on their website that I know is applicable with the newly released August 30% off discount. But, IDK if it's also applicable to your July dates. The total % off would be 45%.

Just got back and missing my friends in the Innkeepers lounge. They are by far the nicest/friendliest group of CL staff of any of the places that I have stayed. Going back in October 16th
It's great you have another trip book. That makes it so much better knowing exactly when you'll be returning.

Last edited:

10 days until check in to villas for first BWV stay. Have BW view and requested refurb room. Hoping to get

Anything not to miss at Boardwalk?

Can't wait to sit on balcony with a bottle of wine and watch the BW after a long day at the park!!

I totally agree. My favorite is the older gentlemen at the CL desk. He is so nice and funny!

BWV folks...if anyone is heading there the next few weeks can you confirm that you get body lotion in the room? (cash reservation not DVC). I just saw Josh's review of BCV and it showed shampoo, conditioner and body wash at the BCV. Can you call housekeeping to ask for body lotion? This is my first attempt at taking only a carry-on for a week trip so I'm trying to pack smart :groom: :thanks: :thanks:

In December, we had grapefruit bergamot lotion on the villa side. It was a DVC booking, but that shouldn't matter for the lotion. I don't know if it was hand lotion or body lotion, if there's a difference...?

tsme-Are you talking about Pete? He is awesome!! Of course I like all of the gang. Anita is a favorite too:teeth:

Yay thanks to the GP discount announced today we saved $1200 on our 8 nights at BWI for our wedding! (plus another $700 on our 14 nights at Coronado) yay for stretching the wedding budget that little bit farther!

In December, we had grapefruit bergamot lotion on the villa side. It was a DVC booking, but that shouldn't matter for the lotion. I don't know if it was hand lotion or body lotion, if there's a difference...?
ohhhhh good to know! There really isn't a difference but I'm guessing it was body lotion....thanks psac!!

I haven't ever had lotion in my DVC villa. One year we went from a room at the CR in the tower and had wonderful lotion, then moved to BWV, and no lotion :-(

uh oh the body lotion mystery!! :hyper2: I've heard yes and no...I'll report back after my trip in April but it sounds like it's inconsistant at best. Better bring some just in case!

I have read through the FYI pages and tried to go through a lot of the older post at well. I have a question about shipping to the resorts. Any suggestions (or a thread to redirect me to) with the best options (I am mostly thinking of ordering water and gatorade). Also I have seen they "might" charge a fee to hold the package. Can any one confirm if they do and possible cost for that? I have not shipped to a resort before.

I have read through the FYI pages and tried to go through a lot of the older post at well. I have a question about shipping to the resorts. Any suggestions (or a thread to redirect me to) with the best options (I am mostly thinking of ordering water and gatorade). Also I have seen they "might" charge a fee to hold the package. Can any one confirm if they do and possible cost for that? I have not shipped to a resort before.
The BW does charge a fee, I want to say it was $10 last fall? We have shipped many times, and have been charged for the last several years, since they instituted that policy. Also, we arrived late on a Friday night, and the business office had the package. They were only open for 2 hours on Saturday morning (prime park hours) and not at all on Sunday. So we had to either go Saturday and pick it up or wait until Monday. Since it was only a 4 day trip, waiting till Monday was not an option. If you are arriving during business hours, it's much easier to deal with.

The BW does charge a fee, I want to say it was $10 last fall? We have shipped many times, and have been charged for the last several years, since they instituted that policy. Also, we arrived late on a Friday night, and the business office had the package. They were only open for 2 hours on Saturday morning (prime park hours) and not at all on Sunday. So we had to either go Saturday and pick it up or wait until Monday. Since it was only a 4 day trip, waiting till Monday was not an option. If you are arriving during business hours, it's much easier to deal with.
Thank you! Our flight arrives at 9am on a Thursday. I know our room prob will not be available but can we pick it up and put it where they hold our luggage? Is there somewhere it says what the hours are for the office?
Thanks for your help!

tsme-Are you talking about Pete? He is awesome!! Of course I like all of the gang. Anita is a favorite too:teeth:
I don't remember his name, might be. He's thin, tall, with grey hair. I just loved him. He took our pic before MNSSHP & hit a button taking multiple pics rapidly. He made us all laugh. He such a sweet person.

We are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in September 2015. It will be my husband, me and our 3 year old daughter. This is my husbands 1st trip to Disney. I keep telling him he doesn't get it. He says he isn't an amusement park guy and he is going to hang out at the pool and go to the ESPN. I tell him Disney is not a week long trip to Six Flags. Last year me and mom took my daughter, and nothing compares to the look on a little kid's face when they are "sprinkled" with Pixie Dust. I can't wait to go again.

I hope we love the Boardwalk and it will change my husband's idea of what Disney is. With me being a Disney veteran I wanted to stay at Riverside in one of the Princess Rooms but my husband liked the idea of the ESPN place near by and EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. He is still pushing for a Club Level Room but our travel agent quoted us like 1100.00 more for 5 nights. I thought that was absurd.

tsme-yep that is Pete. He was there our first club level stay in 2005. Gotta love him. He is sweetie. Always look forward to seeing him every year. I will be sad when he decides to retire.

We totally agree...Pete is our favorite as well! He is so welcoming, warm, funny, and so attentive to all the guest that past by the desk. We look forward to seeing him again this summer. Thanks to the great discounts, we are very excited to be able to experience another Deluxe Club level stay from 7/29 to 8/4! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter