Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I came across some photos of the Villa side referb and thought some of you might be interested to see how it's coming along! :-)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-villas-decor.3386755/page-2
Thanks so much for posting the link to the newly rehabbed Studio. I'm going to put it in the BWV section, with credit to you.

For those wondering, a poster in that thread commented that the BWV rehab runs through November.

Woo hoo! Add us to the list! Just upgraded with the Disney Visa Discount! BWI 6/27-7/11
That's great that you snagged the deal.

Please add us to the list! BWI Club Level 7/18-7/22...thanks!:charac2:
Yippee for CL!

Please add us to the list. We will be staying at BWV from July 11-17. We are spending two days at AKV first and then off to the Boardwalk. This will be our first time staying deluxe.
I have a feeling you might be staying Deluxe from now on;)

This was posted by @hammie59 in the main resort board and it got lost. Would one of you fine folks that know the Boardwalk Inn better than I do be able to help?

I'm reposting my original thread with some edits since I originally posted in the wrong area.

We're booked for a standard room at Boardwalk Inn this June. We've never stayed there before, so I'm looking for some advise on reasonable room requests such as location, floor, view, etc. The main reason we chose it was for it's proximity to EPCOT and Studios so we could walk to the parks. We have two kids who will be 12 & 8 when we go. My idea of an ideal room is somewhere close to lobby that's quiet with a nice view. (I'm hoping to be able to see EPCOT or DHS if that's possible with standard rooms). I know I just basically listed my requests, but what I'm hoping for is some feedback from anyone with more detail or with great location knowledge so I can be more specific when I call Disney. Originally I was going to request close to the main pool, but now I see that those are all villas. I've been reading thru a lot of threads and checking out YouTube videos, but still need some help. Thanks.

This was posted by @hammie59 in the main resort board and it got lost. Would one of you fine folks that know the Boardwalk Inn better than I do be able to help?
Aren't you thoughtful to re-direct the question here...you're all over the place helping lost posters:worship:. Hopefully, @hammie59 will see her alert and find her answer here.

hammie59 said:
I'm reposting my original thread with some edits since I originally posted in the wrong area.

We're booked for a standard room at Boardwalk Inn this June. We've never stayed there before, so I'm looking for some advise on reasonable room requests such as location, floor, view, etc. The main reason we chose it was for it's proximity to EPCOT and Studios so we could walk to the parks. We have two kids who will be 12 & 8 when we go. My idea of an ideal room is somewhere close to lobby that's quiet with a nice view. (I'm hoping to be able to see EPCOT or DHS if that's possible with standard rooms). I know I just basically listed my requests, but what I'm hoping for is some feedback from anyone with more detail or with great location knowledge so I can be more specific when I call Disney. Originally I was going to request close to the main pool, but now I see that those are all villas. I've been reading thru a lot of threads and checking out YouTube videos, but still need some help. Thanks.

@hammie59: Love your Sixgun Minnie avatar!

There are several views that you can request with a Standard View booking and one of them is your preferred view of Epcot. If you request an Epcot View and its available, you'll be able to see some of Illuminations and the Eiffel Tower/Epcot. These rooms overlook the gardens and BWI quiet pool area. It's a peaceful location and the 5th floor is the highest floor so I would request that, too.

Aren't you thoughtful to re-direct the question here...you're all over the place helping lost posters:worship:. Hopefully, @hammie59 will see her alert and find her answer here.

Just trying to pay forward all the awesome assistance I got when I first joined the DIS. I hope she sees the alert too. Thanks for assisting KOOK!

Thank you dansdad for redirecting! It's been awhile since I've been on here and I'ma little rusty. And thanks also wdwkook. That info is good to know.

Which is better BWI standard room or BWV studio? I'm thinking of switching to gain the mini kitchenette.

Which is better BWI standard room or BWV studio? I'm thinking of switching to gain the mini kitchenette.

Normally I would say the standard room, since it is a little bigger, and you get a second queen instead of the pull out sofa full size, but if you don't need the second queen, and you specifically need the kitchenette, then the studios are perfectly fine! Especially during downtime in the room when watching TV we like a couch instead of sitting on the beds.

I may be in the minority, but I like the look of the new BWV studios. Yes, the table is a little inconvenient, but it's necessary for support of the bed when it is folded down (just like the dining table in the AoA suites supports the Murphy bed). I like that they finally put a coffee table in the studio. I always missed that after staying at BCV where they have always had them. Personally, if I'm there on a solo trip, I'd rather just have my meals on the coffee table anyway - the regular table was never where you could see the TV in the first place. I just booked my September stay at BWV before seeing these photos, and I am glad I'll be on the villa side this time - hopefully I will get one of the refurbished studios (I'll have to add that request now :teeth:).

BWV folks...if anyone is heading there the next few weeks can you confirm that you get body lotion in the room? (cash reservation not DVC). I just saw Josh's review of BCV and it showed shampoo, conditioner and body wash at the BCV. Can you call housekeeping to ask for body lotion? This is my first attempt at taking only a carry-on for a week trip so I'm trying to pack smart :groom: :thanks: :thanks:

:sunny:Hi everyone!
We'll be staying at BWI in July, Club Level...can't wait! Has anyone tried Trattoria al Forno? Thinking about eating there on arrival evening. I looked at the menu; is the food quality pretty good? Thanks!

:sunny:Hi everyone!
We'll be staying at BWI in July, Club Level...can't wait! Has anyone tried Trattoria al Forno? Thinking about eating there on arrival evening. I looked at the menu; is the food quality pretty good? Thanks!

The reviews of Trattoria al Forno that I've seen and heard have been somewhat underwhelming overall. Not bad, but not a home run. Consensus seems to be that better Italian food can be found nearby in Epcot.

BWV folks...if anyone is heading there the next few weeks can you confirm that you get body lotion in the room? (cash reservation not DVC). I just saw Josh's review of BCV and it showed shampoo, conditioner and body wash at the BCV. Can you call housekeeping to ask for body lotion? This is my first attempt at taking only a carry-on for a week trip so I'm trying to pack smart :groom: :thanks: :thanks:

I haven't seen body lotion there for a couple of years - I stay on DVC, though, so that may make a difference. But I distinctly remember having to buy some once I got there as they were no longer including it in the amenities.

I haven't seen body lotion there for a couple of years - I stay on DVC, though, so that may make a difference. But I distinctly remember having to buy some once I got there as they were no longer including it in the amenities.
Ok thanks! I guess I'll squeeze in a travel size one :ssst:

I'm excited my husband and I just decided to do an adult only trip with a stay here in Nov or Dec. I want to see Osborne lights, we need to do one more trip for frequent flier miles status and what better way to do it, and my DH has an AP this year. I'm hoping for an AP discount - do they exist for this hotel. I Hope it all works out :) I will be going through the posts to read all about the place now!

I can get two parking passes right? As long as I have 2 adults on the reservation?

Yes, my sister and I always drive separately and have never had an issue getting the second parking pass. Most of the time I get mine at the guard shack and hers at the front desk. I am not sure how the new "bypass the front desk" system will handle it. I just got back from a POFQ stay and I had to go to the front desk to get both parking passes - after bypassing the front desk to go directly to my room as far as check in is concerned. It would be simpler if they emailed the passes when they email the room number, although that wouldn't help if you have requested a room number text instead. I think having the parking attendants scanning every MB that comes through would really back up the gates at the parks, so I don't know what the final plans are for proving you are eligible for complimentary parking.

ETA - I was just reading on another site that they are phasing out the parking permits and you will scan your MB at the theme parks to get free parking. BC and YC are the first resorts to go paperless. I still think this will cause a lot of backups. I wear my MB on my right wrist and it's in a cover, so it's not easily removable. Hopefully the CMs will have a handheld scanner so between me reaching out and them reaching in we can accomplish the scan. I never have any luck getting KTTW or MB to scan at the self re-entry at the resorts. I always have to have the guard scan it, and sometimes they have had to do it more than once.

Last edited:
Well I have added days to our June trip. Our dates are now 6/7 to 6/13 instead of 6/9 to 6/14. Amazing how good knocking 2 days off of our countdown calendar can feel.

I was wondering whether there is a usual schedule of what the hot appetizers are in the Club Lounge like there is at WL?

It's been a long time since I have been on here. Went Oct 13 with the family and a secret trip w/ just DH last May. Excited for our trip staying at BWI May 14-24. A long stay and our first Delux and first Epcot resort area. I will be reading this thread to get idea and tips on rooms to request and on how to order my water/drinks from Amazon to be delivered to the resort.

Jan 2016 stay at the BWV is "PAID OFF" :P. Quickest payoff ever!!!!!!!!!! Just had to tell someone.............I knew the folks here would understand! Park Tickets being covered by Disney Vacation Acct.........only have to come up with the airfare! :flower1: 8 months to do that!!!

Wooohoooo!!

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter