Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Split stays are not for everyone; but I am now a huge fan of staying at a resort for the sake of walking distance to the nearby park(s) in order to avoid bus transportation.

We have done split stays for many years so they don’t bother us. Actually they make me feel like I am having 2 vacations. Our last stay was half at the Poly and the other half at an Epcot area resort. I like at least 4-5 nights at the two resorts. We were able to avoid busses except to AK. Uber is a good choice there if you don’t have a vehicle.

Yikes, what other options are there? I have hoppers so I could walk to EPCOT, go thru to the front and get on the monorail to MK? That sounds like it would take some time. Where do these new skyliners go?
Not to MK
Bus delays are just that, delays. Not normal operating procedures.
There were guests there at the same time as PP, who got on the buses just as they arrived to the pick up spots, who didn't wait 45 min and they have nothing but praise for the service. There's no way to know which you'll be but the new times on the app helps. As mentioned above, plan 90 min to get anywhere and you'll rarely be late and most often be quite early.
We stay at BWI a lot, 4, 5 times a year. And in all those visits I can count on 1 hand (with fingers left over) the number of bus delays we've had. 99% arrive within 20 min

We planned a 4-way split this month; and got a 5-way due to Dorian. I agree it feels like having multiple vacations and really extends the experience because my mind compartmentalizes and holds on to the memory of each short segment better than one long resort stay. We didn't start out planning to avoid buses; but discovering that split stays work so well for us, it is definitely a factor we consider now when choosing resorts and when to visit each park. On occasion, we like to dine at Boatwright's and take a carriage ride before dinner. For that we hire a Lyft from BWV. The only bus we use now is when we stay at AKL to go to AK park. That bus experience has been non problematic.

We have had mostly good luck too but in February there a wait at the Dolphin for more than an hour. Others threw in the towel and booked an Uber. We waited for the bus and were sorry we did. I make fast passes starting late morning so somehow we made it to AK in the last 5 minutes of our FP hour. We had planned plenty of time to be at the bus stop but needed every minute of the window for FOP. The bus arrival signs that morning for us were unreliable as they kept changing further and further out.

We have done split stays for many years so they don’t bother us. Actually they make me feel like I am having 2 vacations. Our last stay was half at the Poly and the other half at an Epcot area resort. I like at least 4-5 nights at the two resorts. We were able to avoid busses except to AK. Uber is a good choice there if you don’t have a vehicle.
This is a really good point. I am seriously considering a split stay for the trip we are currently planning. We have had such great experiences at AKV, but want to try BWV as well. Decisions decisions.

I like the BWV the best but Poly was truly wonderful, especially like the second bath arrangement at Poly and larger balcony. I am addicted to the boardwalk view units though.

Not to MK
Bus delays are just that, delays. Not normal operating procedures.
There were guests there at the same time as PP, who got on the buses just as they arrived to the pick up spots, who didn't wait 45 min and they have nothing but praise for the service. There's no way to know which you'll be but the new times on the app helps. As mentioned above, plan 90 min to get anywhere and you'll rarely be late and most often be quite early.
We stay at BWI a lot, 4, 5 times a year. And in all those visits I can count on 1 hand (with fingers left over) the number of bus delays we've had. 99% arrive within 20 min
I usually estimate about a half hour, but most of the time it's just as @AngiTN says, about 20 minutes. (Or less.) Our BWI vacation is soon. I will keep an eye on the wait times and post generally about our bus experience here.

Last trip, we split between WL and BWI. It was perfect, we only needed to get on a bus for the animal kingdom day (we made that our resort change day). It was the most stress free trip ever. Both hotels are perfection.

I also keep thinking about all the germ issues people are having with the shower. What do you do in public restrooms when the soap is in a similar container? Not wash your hands?

I also keep thinking about all the germ issues people are having with the shower. What do you do in public restrooms when the soap is in a similar container? Not wash your hands?

I honestly never gave it a moment's thought until this thread. We've stayed in many hotels that use those dispensers and never had an issue. I also don't consider myself a germaphobe though.

Last trip, we split between WL and BWI. It was perfect, we only needed to get on a bus for the animal kingdom day (we made that our resort change day). It was the most stress free trip ever. Both hotels are perfection.

Had not ever even thought of that. What an excellent comparison. I guess for some, it's the intimate places that you go with the soap in the shower, vs just your hands at a sink. Still, for me, I can't help but think, it's soap, soap isn't germ spreading it's germ cleaning. So not sure how it spreads germs

It very may well be a completely absurd notion. I just get the creeps thinking mold or worse could be pushed into the body without being able to rinse it out. I can be in complete control of that by bringing my own products. I also get the creeps about the BWV old-style spa tubs after actually seeing mold flush out of the jets when I used it once, so I know mousekeeping doesn't clean well enough.

Now don't even get me started about sharing pillows and mattresses....lol

It’s not absurd if the shared toiletries bothers you. It’s a relatively new addition to hotels, at least from my experience. If given a choice, I avoid them. Others might feel differently. As they say, to each his own.

I stopped using jetted tubs too except for the one in my bathroom. They should be flushed after each use actually. I bet they flus them only when a guest complains.

I think about pillows and mattresses too. The second to last house we rented I noticed they cleaned pillowcases and the pillow protectors underneath on all pillows. They refreshed them mid stay because we stayed 12 nights so I know that changing the protectors is part of their cleaning plan. It gave me the idea to bring my own pillow protectors when traveling in the future. I caught a nasty bug on my last trip that lingered for way too long. May have caught it on the flight home. Sometimes, no matter what you do you catch something. I dread exposing my mom when I get home so I quarantined myself. So far so good.

Last edited:
It very may well be a completely absurd notion. I just get the creeps thinking mold or worse could be pushed into the body without being able to rinse it out. I can be in complete control of that by bringing my own products. I also get the creeps about the BWV old-style spa tubs after actually seeing mold flush out of the jets when I used it once, so I know mousekeeping doesn't clean well enough.

Now don't even get me started about sharing pillows and mattresses....lol
It’s not absurd if the shared toiletries bothers you. It’s a relatively new addition to hotels, at least from my experience. If given a choice, I avoid them. Others might feel differently. As they say, to each his own.

I stopped using jetted tubs too except for the one in my bathroom. They should be flushed after each use actually. I bet they flus them only when a guest complains.

I think about pillows and mattresses too. The second to last house we rented I noticed cleaned pillowcases and the pillow protectors underneath in all pillows. Have me the idea to bring my own pillow protectors in the future. I caught a nasty bug on my last trip that lingered for way too long. May have caught it on the flight. Sometimes, no matter what you do you catch something. I dread exposing my mom when I get home so I quarantined myself. So far so good.
I have a close friend who actually travels with her own sheets. She strips every bed and makes it with her own personal sheets, no matter where she's going (well, not when she visits her mom)
She doesn't travel with pillows when flying somewhere so never thought about what she does there. I guess she figures with her own pillowcase she's ok

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter