• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I am staying at a 2 bedroom lockoff with my 6 besties in October. What views do these typically get? I do have a request ready with touring plans but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something spectacular. We expect to spend some evening time with some nice wine and would love a largish balcony....a view of Epcot would put the icing on the rosegold cupcake! I apologize in advance for the behavior of us 50+ year olds :rolleyes1

I am staying at a 2 bedroom lockoff with my 6 besties in October. What views do these typically get? I do have a request ready with touring plans but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something spectacular. We expect to spend some evening time with some nice wine and would love a largish balcony....a view of Epcot would put the icing on the rosegold cupcake! I apologize in advance for the behavior of us 50+ year olds :rolleyes1
If you booked a two bedroom villa, it will be a lockoff (combination of a studio and a one bedroom - so one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa, one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa, one bunk sized murphy bed). If you booked with cash through Disney Reservation Center, you'll probably get a pool/garden view, meaning either the leisure pool or Luna Park pool - not BW view, not Epcot view, but maybe partial DHS view. If you booked on DVC points, it depends on what category you booked, standard, preferred/pool/garden or preferred/BW View. DVC resorts don't usually accept faxes since Member Services has asked members not to use faxes and just add their requests to their reservations. Villas tend to be nearly fully occupied and faxes just make it harder to place the guests, especially during F&W when it is booked solid.

Your balcony will be two separate balconies, one part for the studio, one for the one bedroom. There will be a wall between these two balconies since the studio and one bedroom can be booked separately. It may be hard to get all seven of you on the one balcony.

Last edited:

579BFA44-0A9F-4A47-8B0C-AAFA21081710.jpeg F02421A9-AD3D-4C48-BDD7-8CD2F8D478B5.jpeg
Just got back from an 8 night stay at BWI. Booked a standard view. Checked in around 9:30 am, room was ready, upgraded to garden view! We could also see the quiet pool. Room 1348. There were 5 of us, and it didn’t feel cramped at all. The room wasn’t a perfect rectangle, it had a slight jog out where they had the daybed, and it felt very spacious. We’ve decided that while the pool is better at BC, we much prefer BWI for the rooms (both times we’ve stayed it’s been more spacious, BC was very cramped).
Did it look anything like this one? We just did a split stay with 4 nights BWI in room 5292. This room was way larger than our previous rooms and it was so nice to have all the space!

View attachment 339682 View attachment 339683
Did it look anything like this one? We just did a split stay with 4 nights BWI in room 5292. This room was way larger than our previous rooms and it was so nice to have all the space!

No, when you walked in, you saw the two queens. The daybed was on the wall behind the bathroom sinks, you couldn’t see it from the door at all. I meant to take pics and forgot!

Has anyone ever put a queen sized air mattress in a 1 bedroom while the couch is made out interest a bed? Will it fit?

Has anyone ever put a queen sized air mattress in a 1 bedroom while the couch is made out interest a bed? Will it fit?
If you open the sleeper sofa, you won't be able to fit a queen air mattress on the floor. If you keep the sleeper sofa closed up, it might fit, but it will be tight. You might not be able to access the balcony.

Going to dinner at the Edison first night. I have 8 pm reservation and land at 530. Is this doable? So I know I take bus to Disney Springs which drops me off at the landing then what do I do?
Thanks to anyone that might know.

Going to dinner at the Edison first night. I have 8 pm reservation and land at 530. Is this doable? So I know I take bus to Disney Springs which drops me off at the landing then what do I do?
Thanks to anyone that might know.
It's not all that far from the bus stop to the Eddison. I like to use the map on the app to help me navigate/walk around DS. I can get around the parks blindfolded but not DS. I still need navigation help there (we don't hang out and shop when at Disney, I can shop at home after all) since we only go there to eat and we don't do that every trip. But The Eddison is in the Landing so you should find it ok
You don't mention how you are getting from MCO to the resort. ME? If so, it will be tight. Doable but tight. You don't have time for dillydally-ing any where along the way.
You are looking at 90 min on avg, from landing to walking in your resort. So that's 7:00 right there. If you get really lucky it will be 6:00. Most of the time BWI is the first stop but we've have the misfortune of it being last once or twice. You never know for certain how they'll group you.
Then you have as much as an hour to get to DS. Maybe faster, but always count on an hour to get anywhere on Disney buses, and consider anything less as bonus time. That puts you right at your reservation time. You should make it but you won't have much spare time.

Would I be able to get sandwiches at Boardwalk Bakery packed well to go? I know park QS doesn't really do to-go containers, but I think I read somewhere that resort locations are more likely to be able to wrap something for you.

It would need to be packed well enough that we could put sandwiches in a bag for the ride to the airport and eat them after we get through security. Based on our meal schedule and flight time, eating then makes the most sense. Since we'll be on the DDP, we can reserve a few QS credits for those meals and not have to spend more $$ in the airport feeding ourselves dinner. If not, I guess I can reserve a couple of gallon ziploc bags for this purpose, but I would need to know before packing everything up the night before departure.

While yes, they can put them in a box to go I wouldn't count on taking ANY non sealed and packaged food through security at all. Especially TSA at MCO. They may have some of the worse TSA to work with I've seen. I watched one TSA agent argue with another TSA agent about what could go through on a recent trip. It was delaying a family too. It involved juice boxes for their toddler and how many could go, if any. One agent said one amount and the other said none. It was horrible. We left before there was resolution. But I'd plan to buy anything after security at MCO

While yes, they can put them in a box to go I wouldn't count on taking ANY non sealed and packaged food through security at all. Especially TSA at MCO. They may have some of the worse TSA to work with I've seen. I watched one TSA agent argue with another TSA agent about what could go through on a recent trip. It was delaying a family too. It involved juice boxes for their toddler and how many could go, if any. One agent said one amount and the other said none. It was horrible. We left before there was resolution. But I'd plan to buy anything after security at MCO

Seriously?!? That's crazy. I can see drinks being a problem because of the liquids situation, but solid foods aren't on any list I'm aware of. I often pack meals for hubby to bring with him on travel mornings, so that he can eat after he's through security.

Has anyone tried a twin sized air mattress?
My son slept at the foot of the sleeper sofa (opened up) on the cushions from the sofa. That is about all that fit in the space. Twin might be too wide as well with the sleeper sofa opened up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter