Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We will be arriving at BWV around 11 am. Can someone make a suggestion for quick service lunch somewhere near the resort. Two teenage boys and myself. After lunch we will walk to HS and start our vacation. The kids will not want to wait for lunch at HS. Trying to avoid the pizza window. lol

We will be arriving at BWV around 11 am. Can someone make a suggestion for quick service lunch somewhere near the resort. Two teenage boys and myself. After lunch we will walk to HS and start our vacation. The kids will not want to wait for lunch at HS. Trying to avoid the pizza window. lol
We like the Boardwalk bakery.

Since your companions are teenage boys, if there isn't enough options at Boardwalk Bakery or the Pizza Window, I'd get them a "snack lunch" at BW, and then when they're hungry again (inevitable, yes?), another lunch over at HS! I guess this plan may not go well with the DDP, but you could just pay oop at BW or use snack credits at BW.

Since your companions are teenage boys, if there isn't enough options at Boardwalk Bakery or the Pizza Window, I'd get them a "snack lunch" at BW, and then when they're hungry again (inevitable, yes?), another lunch over at HS! I guess this plan may not go well with the DDP, but you could just pay oop at BW or use snack credits at BW.

What about Swan and Dolphin? Something quick and easy (and not pizza). Is it even worth looking at menus, or would this be too much trouble to make a pit stop before HS?

What about Swan and Dolphin? Something quick and easy (and not pizza). Is it even worth looking at menus, or would this be too much trouble to make a pit stop before HS?
The Dolphin has a 24 hour quick service area know Picabu. Here is the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/picabu/ where you can view the menu options. And as @AngiTN indicated, you can catch a Friend ship boat at the dock between the Swan / Dolphin or walk back over the small bridge to the BoardWalk Villas and take the walkway to HS.

Dave

The Dolphin has a 24 hour quick service area know Picabu. Here is the link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/picabu/ where you can view the menu options. And as @AngiTN indicated, you can catch a Friend ship boat at the dock between the Swan / Dolphin or walk back over the small bridge to the BoardWalk Villas and take the walkway to HS.

Dave
Do they still charge a service fee to eat there? Last summer we tried it and we were annoyed that we were charged about $12 for a service fee.

Not necessarily "quick service" - but is quick service at lunch - ESPN Club. If they're into sports, they can watch while eating. That's where my teenage boys want to go.......

Now that said - the food isn't the best - I'd stick with burgers :)

Not necessarily "quick service" - but is quick service at lunch - ESPN Club. If they're into sports, they can watch while eating. That's where my teenage boys want to go.......

Now that said - the food isn't the best - I'd stick with burgers :)

I think this is probably where we will end up because of convenience and menu options - even though it is not quick service. No DDP this trip....first time without it. I think I can get a discount here with the Disney Visa as well.

Does anyone know if a Magic Band can be programmed to open two different rooms. We have a group going in July - one family (mine!) has a grand villa & the other has a one bedroom. We'll probably gather in the grand villa a lot - and I'd like the other family to be able to come & go in ours without us having to be there......

Does anyone know if a Magic Band can be programmed to open two different rooms. We have a group going in July - one family (mine!) has a grand villa & the other has a one bedroom. We'll probably gather in the grand villa a lot - and I'd like the other family to be able to come & go in ours without us having to be there......
I don't believe that will work, but the front desk should be willing to give you a room key for the room that is not programmed on your MDE account so that you will be able to get into both rooms.
Denise

Unless something has changed very recently, no. But as @Denise W stated, the Front Desk will give you extra card keys to use.

Not sure if this helps, but if you have old magic bands they will also work. We use them in the same type of situation. Everyone ends up eating breakfast at our unit. It's really got to be someone you trust though. We only give them to our adult kids. They just use it for that purpose and put it back in their room so it never accidentally gets used for FP's or charges.

Hi there!
I have a question about cash BRV rooms and view categories. I have read that studios paid with cash through Disney are usually a garden or pool view, even though it is listed as a standard view.

Is this also true for the 1 Bedroom villas? With the passholder discount I was able to get a 1 bedroom for the same price as our studio rack rate (disney math, right?) So I was wondering what the chances were of having a garden/pool view.
Thanks!

Hi there!
I have a question about cash BRV rooms and view categories. I have read that studios paid with cash through Disney are usually a garden or pool view, even though it is listed as a standard view.

Is this also true for the 1 Bedroom villas? With the passholder discount I was able to get a 1 bedroom for the same price as our studio rack rate (disney math, right?) So I was wondering what the chances were of having a garden/pool view.
Thanks!

BRV or BWV?

No they can not. I had 2 rooms on a stay and the band can only open 1 room at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter