Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

So excited to be staying here twice again this year. First time will be in May when I have a one-bedroom boardwalk view villa and then again in October for Food & Wine.

We are doing the same--May and October, but minus the one bedroom and substitute a studio garden/pool view. :yay:

DH and I will be staying in a BWV studio/standard view in April. I have read numerous times about the long walk to the elevators. A few years ago, we stayed at the BC and our room was the absolute farthest away from the elevator. It was a king room at the very end of the hallway on the 5th floor--closest to the YC. Does anyone know how this walk compares to the walk to the elevators that people complain about at BWV ?? Thanks!

I missed this until the bump. :) the one time we stayed at the BC we were in a different location, but thinking about walking from the BC lobby to Yachtsman's, it's probably about the same to the furthest BWV room. If it helps, both are way shorter than Kidani!

Does the Boardwalk Inn get filled quickly like the Boardwalk Villas? I'm hoping to stay (for the first time) at BWI Dec 10-15. Do i need to book early? Can I wait until FD comes out (if it does)?

Yes it can get booked up fast for Christmas. We normally go around that time but this year we can only do Sept due to husband's health & job. His heath is more important right now than thinking about going in September but his doctor said he could go. Good luck !

Yes it can get booked up fast for Christmas. We normally go around that time but this year we can only do Sept due to husband's health & job. His heath is more important right now than thinking about going in September but his doctor said he could go. Good luck !

hopefully a September trip is exactly what he needs to improve his health!

Maybe I should book, and then hopefully get a discount later. It would be nice to save $1000 on the trip, but honestly, I would probably pay full price to stay at BWI. We walked by last year from HS to EPCOT, and I just loved that walk and fell in love with the Boardwalk.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom standard view Dec 29- January 9,for 10 nights!!! We have never stayed more than 7 nights and can you tell we are alittle excited! We have also never been during a peak season, so we will need the extra days. This is our second stay at BWV, last year our daughter got married January 5 at Swan/Dolphin and we rented points and stayed at BWV. Loved it so much we rented points again. We have stayed at most of the resorts and Boardwalk is the one we love the most.
On the drink re-fills where is Leaping Horse Libations? We must have missed that the last time, we went to the Bakery for all re-fills. Didn't realize we could have went to Belle Vue Lounge.
Thanks for having this forum I look forward to reading it daily.

Thanks. Hopefully he will get better before then lol. You might get lucky and get a discount but the rooms get book quickly. Good luck !

So excited to be staying here twice again this year. First time will be in May when I have a one-bedroom boardwalk view villa and then again in October for Food & Wine.
Yippee!

We are doing the same--May and October, but minus the one bedroom and substitute a studio garden/pool view. :yay:
:)

Does the Boardwalk Inn get filled quickly like the Boardwalk Villas? I'm hoping to stay (for the first time) at BWI Dec 10-15. Do i need to book early? Can I wait until FD comes out (if it does)?
Could you just book a cash reservation now? All you have to pay is the first night and you can always cancel and/or apply an applicable discount later.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom standard view Dec 29- January 9,for 10 nights!!! We have never stayed more than 7 nights and can you tell we are alittle excited! We have also never been during a peak season, so we will need the extra days. This is our second stay at BWV, last year our daughter got married January 5 at Swan/Dolphin and we rented points and stayed at BWV. Loved it so much we rented points again. We have stayed at most of the resorts and Boardwalk is the one we love the most.

On the drink re-fills where is Leaping Horse Libations? We must have missed that the last time, we went to the Bakery for all re-fills. Didn't realize we could have went to Belle Vue Lounge.

You're welcome and welcome to the thread! I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin. Leaping Horse Libations is located at the feature pool:
IMG_1859-1.jpg

That is one of the most popular times for DVC owners, however, I'm not sure how it affects cash bookings. There are a specified number of DVC rooms automatically held back for cash reservations (with the # being insider info).

I think Leaping Libations is the main pool bar.

This is the hugest thread, but I thought this would be the place to post this. We saw a whole bunch of Samsung 55" TV's roll into Boardwalk Villas a couple days ago. We stayed at room 1130, a Studio Villa with a smaller 10 year old (32"?) LG TV that was only 720p - basically good luck trying to plug your laptop in to watch Netflix. It had an old school Blu-ray player and you can apparently rent movies from somewhere. So I heard they are remodeling this year, but our room seemed fairly new - as in it looked exactly like the DVC model. New single body bath sink counter, the sofa was a plush style, hide-a-bed, not a wood bench style.

The HVAC is the original (25 years old?). It also smelled musty or maybe just dusty, so we opened the door and kept the fan on high. It would have failed a white glove test instantly - no one is cleaning the tops of things in there. Still I was very happy with it. Nice big room, nice bed, and everything worked well. If you look at the picture you'd be wondering what the heck I'm even complaining about, it's really nice, but I just wanted to lastly add that the beige light switches did not match the white face plates! COME ON DISNEY! LOL!

We visited the brand new GFV, and wow what a difference brand new makes! First time at BCV.

Attachments

• BWV1.jpg
    BWV1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 46
That was really nice of you. Did anyone take you up on your generous offer?

Actually, we saw our neighbor out on the deck, and offered it to them the morning we left. They gladly took it off our hands :)

Hello Dis Friends, I just switched from WL to BWI Standard (never been to BWI before). Are there certain rooms that are better than others? I keep hearing about the Boardwalk Greens rooms? What types of views do those have? We would like to be able to see EPCOTs WS if we could bit not sure what to put on the room request. Any help is much appreciated!!

Hello Dis Friends, I just switched from WL to BWI Standard (never been to BWI before). Are there certain rooms that are better than others? I keep hearing about the Boardwalk Greens rooms? What types of views do those have? We would like to be able to see EPCOTs WS if we could bit not sure what to put on the room request. Any help is much appreciated!!

I'm not sure if you possibly mean the Village Green views at the BWI....

I may be wrong but the Village Green rooms on the BWI side face towards the SWAN & Dolphiin, & the BWV on the Village green side face Epcot's WS...Still an awesome view regardless though.

I heard if you request upper floor with an Epcot view, you should be good? I believe they overlook the quiet pool area and you should be able to see part of World Showcase (and the fireworks) from your balcony.

I heard if you request upper floor with an Epcot view, you should be good? I believe they overlook the quiet pool area and you should be able to see part of World Showcase (and the fireworks) from your balcony.

Thank you!!

Hey WDWKOOK! Its official............. our reservation for a BWV Deluxe Studio is confirmed for 01/06/2016 through 01/10/2016!!!! Will be doing the 5K during the WDW Marathon Week!!!! Would you add us to the "Swell Spot"!!

Doug :goofy:

Could you just book a cash reservation now? All you have to pay is the first night and you can always cancel and/or apply an applicable discount later.

I think we will book a package with a $200 deposit now and then hope for a discount later. It's not booked yet, but we'll be at BWI 12/10-12/15/2015!!!! Fist time at BWI. So excited!!! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter