Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Has anyone happened to have tried the Yoga on the Lawn at BW? I can't find any reviews or info besides what's listed under "Recreation" on the Disney website. I'm curious as to what kind of style of yoga it incorporates and if its worth the time!
Yes, we tried it yesterday morning. It’s free, offered Mon & Wed from 8:15-8:45 and limited to 20 people. We got there about 7-10min ahead of time and there were only 3-4 other folks there. The class is pretty basic but my Mom, friend and I enjoyed it - after 20K+ steps for 4 days, I needed the stretching. They provided mats, towels and water, so all we had to do was show up. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Only 2 more days!!! Yay!! BUT looking at the weather forecast......:( I know it's Florida and rain in the forecast everyday is typical but a 80-90% chance is making me sad.
I was the same way but please know, the forecast for this past weekend was so bad that I bought a pair of water and brought quick dry clothes as I was sure it would be a rain out.

While we had rain Sat night (had dinner reservation at GF Cade so was great timing) everything else was a few sprinkles here and there. It really didn’t bother us and actually used it to we cool off. Today is a bit rainy and we’re on our way home but keep a raincoat handy and you’ll have a great time.

I was the same way but please know, the forecast for this past weekend was so bad that I bought a pair of water and brought quick dry clothes as I was sure it would be a rain out.

While we had rain Sat night (had dinner reservation at GF Cade so was great timing) everything else was a few sprinkles here and there. It really didn’t bother us and actually used it to we cool off. Today is a bit rainy and we’re on our way home but keep a raincoat handy and you’ll have a great time.

Good to know! Crossing my fingers it won't be too bad.

Would my odds of getting a room closest to the lobby be better with a garden/pool view than a boardwalk view. I'm looking at map on TP site and it seems as though Boardwalk view would be closer to Jelly rolls, or am I reading it wrong?

Would my odds of getting a room closest to the lobby be better with a garden/pool view than a boardwalk view. I'm looking at map on TP site and it seems as though Boardwalk view would be closer to Jelly rolls, or am I reading it wrong?

Are you booking a villa through DVC? Think the boardwalk view villas are only for DVC bookings, and specifically booked with a boardwalk view. It looks as though some of the garden/pool views are closer to the elevators, but some are pretty far away.

Do all standard rooms have 2 queen beds (or 1 king) plus a daybed? The website has me thinking that some rooms might only have 2 queen beds (or 1 king).

Hi all! So I want to make a room request fax through Touring Plans for a standard view room at BWI, but if I put the room preferences on My Disney Experience, will it counteract the fax? Should I just make one request instead of combining both? Thanks!

Hi all! So I want to make a room request fax through Touring Plans for a standard view room at BWI, but if I put the room preferences on My Disney Experience, will it counteract the fax? Should I just make one request instead of combining both? Thanks!

If the options during Online Check In match what you've specified in the fax, then it's fine to do both. If they don't match, then skip the room request section during Online Check In.

Last edited:
Awesome, please let me know! I'm bringing a white noise machine as well as a stand up room divider to sort of close off the pack n play. Hope it works

The pack n play fit perfectly right in the front. Better than that of our last room at BCV and I realized we were on a corner and the front was oddly shaped. We never took the crib down. It was perfect as as long as we had all the lights off when we put him down, he feel asleep very easily. Once he was asleep we were able to turn on the tv on low and even turn on the bathroom light if we needed. I took a picture, but I don't know how to post it.

The pack n play fit perfectly right in the front. Better than that of our last room at BCV and I realized we were on a corner and the front was oddly shaped. We never took the crib down. It was perfect as as long as we had all the lights off when we put him down, he feel asleep very easily. Once he was asleep we were able to turn on the tv on low and even turn on the bathroom light if we needed. I took a picture, but I don't know how to post it.

Thank you SO MUCH! I really appreciate you reporting back. The picture is very helpful too. Makes me fee better to have a plan before we get there. Thank you again.

We leave in 6 days!!!
Going through my notes, and I just wanted to check this info:
When going from BW to Typhoon Lagoon, you have to take a bus to DS first and then connect to TL bus? Is the return trip the same?
When going from BW to BB, you take a bus to AK and take a bus from there? Is the return trip the same?
Is this for any time of day?
Thanks!!
So excited!!!

We leave in 6 days!!!
Going through my notes, and I just wanted to check this info:
When going from BW to Typhoon Lagoon, you have to take a bus to DS first and then connect to TL bus? Is the return trip the same?
When going from BW to BB, you take a bus to AK and take a bus from there? Is the return trip the same?
Is this for any time of day?
Thanks!!
So excited!!!

We only did Typhoon Lagoon when we were last at BWI, but that was the Disney transportation system method. We skipped that and used Uber. It was like $6 each way -- totally worth it to avoid the Disney Springs transfers. I recognize that isn't what you were asking, but thought I'd throw that out there.

We only did Typhoon Lagoon when we were last at BWI, but that was the Disney transportation system method. We skipped that and used Uber. It was like $6 each way -- totally worth it to avoid the Disney Springs transfers. I recognize that isn't what you were asking, but thought I'd throw that out there.

I was thinking about Uber. My DD and her husband use it regularly, so I might recommend that to them. I am going to stay behind and either hang out at the pool or just relax at the BW. I need them to come back by a certain time, so I will definitely tell them to Uber back.
Thanks!
ETA: I'm thinking a Minnie shuttle might be another option? But that's probably a lot more money.

I was thinking about Uber. My DD and her husband use it regularly, so I might recommend that to them. I am going to stay behind and either hang out at the pool or just relax at the BW. I need them to come back by a certain time, so I will definitely tell them to Uber back.
Thanks!
ETA: I'm thinking a Minnie shuttle might be another option? But that's probably a lot more money.

Uber and Lyft work great at Disney! Just remind them not to sit on the seats with wet bathing suits out of courtesy to the following guests, who would get a wet surprise! (Minnie Vans should be good too - but yes, probably $10-13 more each way.)

Uber and Lyft work great at Disney! Just remind them not to sit on the seats with wet bathing suits out of courtesy to the following guests, who would get a wet surprise! (Minnie Vans should be good too - but yes, probably $10-13 more each way.)

We changed clothes at TL before getting our Uber because we were trying to be good citizens. Our first driver from TL actually had a waterproof seat cover, with holes for the seat belts, in place before we got in. He was definitely prepared! The other times we got a pick up at TL, no seat cover, but we were dry. It only takes a few minutes to get between BWI and TL using Uber -- so much better than the Disney bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter