Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are staying in a 1-bedroom villa, standard view, on our upcoming trip. In your opinion, what is the best floor to be on in the villa section, and what are the odds of an upgraded view? We are not DVC members and booked through Disney, if that makes any difference.

No, there was not a connecting door! We also prefer rooms without so were pleased to find one. We loved the courtyard view. It was very tranquil. I drank my coffee on the balcony every morning. Unfortunately, I've just discovered I left something behind on the balcony so will need to call this morning to see if it was turned in.

Thanks so much for the quick response..:goodvibes ..One more question....lol...hope you don't mind...:blush:...was the refrigerator and cabinet/coffee maker set up in the entrance hall area...or was it else where in the room...I am trying to visualize this room compared to a standard room set up.... It does sound like this room is going on my rooms to request list for BWI....:thumbsup2

We are staying in a 1-bedroom villa, standard view, on our upcoming trip. In your opinion, what is the best floor to be on in the villa section, and what are the odds of an upgraded view? We are not DVC members and booked through Disney, if that makes any difference.

I am curious about this too...we have really fallen in love with this resort after being MK resort folks for many years....wonder what view people who are non DVC and book directly thru Disney generally do get??? There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful DVC peeps on this thread..so I am sure someone will come along with an answer soon....:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the quick response..:goodvibes ..One more question....lol...hope you don't mind...:blush:...was the refrigerator and cabinet/coffee maker set up in the entrance hall area...or was it else where in the room...I am trying to visualize this room compared to a standard room set up.... It does sound like this room is going on my rooms to request list for BWI....:thumbsup2

I missed the original question, but it sounds like you're asking about a studio. The kitchenette is located in the entrance way.

Odds of an upgrade are pretty slim, especially depending on what time of year you go, such as during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden.

Well, you only get one real bed in a studio. If you're not sharing, somebody is on the sofa bed and somebody is on what they added at the refurb- a pull-down bed, I think. Somebody will chime in with more details but I think it's smaller than a twin-size bed so not sure how comfortable the person would be. If you leave all the beds pulled out, not surr how much floor space is left for moving around.

Also not sure if you can make a change and still get the Bounceback rate.

Thanks @Best Aunt. A good rate is available under the Holiday Magic (or whatever the name of that promotion is) and, depending on if they release AP rates for that time period, I might be able to get a good rate for the BWV studio. I think, however, it will be worth a little more money to stay on the BWI side. My thinking is similar to yours. Thanks again.

Concerning the villa side of the resort, these are the questions I currently have:

1) Which floor would you prefer (for standard view), and why?

2) Do you get daily housekeeping like normal hotel rooms, or are you on your own?

3) Do all 1-bedroom units come with an in-unit washer/dryer?

Concerning the villa side of the resort, these are the questions I currently have:

1) Which floor would you prefer (for standard view), and why?

2) Do you get daily housekeeping like normal hotel rooms, or are you on your own?

3) Do all 1-bedroom units come with an in-unit washer/dryer?

My answers:

1) I prefer higher floors. When we've stayed on the Villa side, we've been on the 4th floor and had a view of the clown pool (which doesn't bother me). Oddly enough, we've stayed on the Villa side 3 times and for two of the trips were assigned the same studio.

2) If you book through Disney, you get daily housekeeping just like the Inn side. If you book on points, the housekeeping is not daily. Someone else will chime in, but it's something like trash removal and fresh towels on day 4 and a full cleaning on day 7.

3) Yes.

The refrigerator/coffee maker were between the couch and the wall with the window. It's kind of visible in the second photo I posted of the room-- the tall thing that's directly across from the desk. It was a great room! We were very happy in it.

So for those asking questions about the villas. Standard view booked through disney directly, will be garden or pool view, either the clown pool or quiet pool. Chances of an upgrade would be slim. DVC occupies 90% Of the villas and 100% Of those are always occupied. So booking a studio and getting a 1 bedroom or booking a 1 bedroom and getting a 2 bed, would be extremely rare. Other than that, I'm not sure what other upgrade you would be asking for. I too prefer high floors but I feel that's more personal preference.

So for those asking questions about the villas. Standard view booked through disney directly, will be garden or pool view, either the clown pool or quiet pool. Chances of an upgrade would be slim. DVC occupies 90% Of the villas and 100% Of those are always occupied. So booking a studio and getting a 1 bedroom or booking a 1 bedroom and getting a 2 bed, would be extremely rare. Other than that, I'm not sure what other upgrade you would be asking for. I too prefer high floors but I feel that's more personal preference.
I was just asking about upgrades to view category. I wouldn't anticipate being bumped to a 2-bedroom, although it's a nice thought!

Can you expand on what you mean when you say a standard view gets you a garden or pool view? Why wouldn't a standard view get you a standard view? A bit confused, sorry.

When you book through dvc a standard view is the lowest number of points, there are 3 categories. I believe they are one of the lowest 1 bedroom point value in all of dvc. So when you book through Disney you actually get the above mentioned view. Btw, I also prefer the higher floors, but that's just because I like to sit on the balcony and people watch. Floor 2 is the lobby and bus stop, floor 1 is the boardwalk and access to pools, HS, Epcot, and boats.

When you book through dvc a standard view is the lowest number of points, there are 3 categories. I believe they are one of the lowest 1 bedroom point value in all of dvc. So when you book through Disney you actually get the above mentioned view. Btw, I also prefer the higher floors, but that's just because I like to sit on the balcony and people watch. Floor 2 is the lobby and bus stop, floor 1 is the boardwalk and access to pools, HS, Epcot, and boats.
Thanks. That is so confusing, though! So although I booked a "standard view" villa, I am eligible for the pool or garden view rooms? Why wouldn't they keep the terms the same?

Thanks. That is so confusing, though! So although I booked a "standard view" villa, I am eligible for the pool or garden view rooms? Why wouldn't they keep the terms the same?

Because as said before, DVC owns 90% of the villas. The 10% that WDW has for cash reservations are all what DVC classifies as "pool/garden". WDW classifies these as standard view, there is no other view you can book through WDW. So you can't be upgraded to something that doesn't exist.

Because as said before, DVC owns 90% of the villas. The 10% that WDW has for cash reservations are all what DVC classifies as "pool/garden". WDW classifies these as standard view, there is no other view you can book through WDW. So you can't be upgraded to something that doesn't exist.
I'm sorry for the confusion! When you book a standard villa, the description states, "Views of Resort Grounds or Parking Area", which sounds much worse than a pool/garden view. Thanks for clarifying!

I'm sorry for the confusion! When you book a standard villa, the description states, "Views of Resort Grounds or Parking Area", which sounds much worse than a pool/garden view. Thanks for clarifying!

That's the great thing about BWV, there's just not a bad view. Even the DVC rooms that overlook the parking lot, actually look at a beautiful fountain and lots of trees and past that, a parking lot. But beyond that is a great view of ToT and fireworks. The MK views at BLT see ALOT more parking lot then the actual MK, so go figure

So when I request a room location, I could request one facing the main pool or village green? That's exciting!

Our first stay at BWI is only days away!!!(8/21-/27) My husband is worried about the buses. He is spoiled and took numerous trips as a kid when the only resorts were the monorail. He has never stayed at a non-monorail resort. He is very worried about the buses to MK. Does BW share MK buses with the other Epcot area resorts?

Our first stay at BWI is only days away!!!(8/21-/27) My husband is worried about the buses. He is spoiled and took numerous trips as a kid when the only resorts were the monorail. He has never stayed at a non-monorail resort. He is very worried about the buses to MK. Does BW share MK buses with the other Epcot area resorts?
No, it does not share. We were just there last week. I was also skeptical of staying there and taking the bus to MK (love walking over from the CR), but it worked out well. It was not crowded at all, and we never to wait more than 10 minutes first thing in the morning. Mid-day coming back from MK, we did wait a while. I wasn't timing it, but I'd guess it felt longer than it actually was due to how hot we felt. One day we got impatient of waiting and when a bus to Beach Club arrived, we hopped on and walked over from there instead. Later in the day (4 or so) headed back to MK, it also wasn't more than a 10-15 minute wait. We usually took lyft back at the end of the evening (we left MK for dinner at the GF one night and the CR another), so I can't tell you about the buses at that time. It was overall a positive experience, and we will be returning to BW in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter