Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

First stay at BWV coming up. We are renting a full size crib or toddler bed for our large almost 3 year old. Where is the best place to fit it outside the bedroom? The pullout will be open for our other two kids. Will it fit in the master closet? I know the pack n play does but will a full size?

Hi everyone! I'm still 80 days out today, but can't stop planning!

I am looking for some feedback regarding a few things if anyone is willing to chime in:
1. I have never done online checkin before, so I am wondering if I want to this time. I like going to the desk and talking to an actual person, but that of course means I have to wait to checkin at arrival instead of 60 days out. Does it matter which one you do? Is there a benefit for one over the other? Why/How is it possible to checkin 60 days in advance online?

2. I have never stayed at BWV, so what kind of room do I want to request, if any? We are in a pool/garden studio for ten days. We are never very particular with our preferences, so the only request we have ever made at a Disney resort is a king-sized bed (I know that is not an option at BWV). So, what kind of requests will get me a "good" room (knowing that a good room is matter of opinion)? If I don't make any requests, am I going to get whatever's left?

Thank you for your perspectives!

1. Even if you do Online Check In you may still have to stop by the Online Check In desk anyway. Not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk. And even if you are able to Bypass The Front Desk, you don't have to. You can still stop by there and Check In. All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival, so no difference there between doing Online Check In or not.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew if they still rent scooters on the Boardwalk. My wife and I will be staying there in 2 weeks and her mom is coming to visit for a day. She would like to rent a scooter for a few hours to see the Flower and Garden Festival. Also if anyone has any advice on a room request for a standard view studio. We have always stayed Boardwalk view but there was no availability. Thanks for any advice

I wasn't aware that scooters were rented at the Boardwalk. You can get them at Epcot and I have seen some at the IG entrance in the past. She would only be able to use the scooter in Epcot, not outside of the park. There are services that will deliver scooters to the resorts. Not sure if there is a minimum period for rentals. If no one else chimes in to help, you might check the DisAbilities board.

The two times we stayed in a BWV studio, we had a standard view. We requested a higher floor. We were on the fifth floor looking over the clown pool. Same exact room both times (can't remember the number). I now prefer the BWI side of the resort.

I'm interested in hearing recent reports of bus service from BWI. In particular getting to MK early in the am for PPO ADR, and getting to/ from AK. Does the boardwalk have an electronic board letting you know wait time? or a CM with same info? Last visit was 5 years ago, and seems like wait times were not stellar.

I'm interested in hearing recent reports of bus service from BWI. In particular getting to MK early in the am for PPO ADR, and getting to/ from AK. Does the boardwalk have an electronic board letting you know wait time? or a CM with same info? Last visit was 5 years ago, and seems like wait times were not stellar.

They had a tv screen and a cm at the bus stop. MK was the worst bus wait for us (we didn't go to DS), but the CM radioed for an extra one on Friday. Earlier in the week, MK wasn't as bad. I think it really is just luck of the draw.

In a few weeks, we are staying at the Boardwalk after a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach. We are flying, so we won't have a car. I read that on the day we are leaving the Caribbean Beach we can give them our luggage and Disney will transport them to the Boardwalk. We plan on going to Epcot for most of the day and then checking in the Boardwalk in the late afternoon. Has anyone ever done this at the Boardwalk (or any other resort)? I'm wondering how seamless the process will be. We thought about taking a cab to avoid any hassle, but I'd rather not pay the extra expense!

In a few weeks, we are staying at the Boardwalk after a couple of days at the Caribbean Beach. We are flying, so we won't have a car. I read that on the day we are leaving the Caribbean Beach we can give them our luggage and Disney will transport them to the Boardwalk. We plan on going to Epcot for most of the day and then checking in the Boardwalk in the late afternoon. Has anyone ever done this at the Boardwalk (or any other resort)? I'm wondering how seamless the process will be. We thought about taking a cab to avoid any hassle, but I'd rather not pay the extra expense!
We have done split stays with the BWI and never have a problem. We call bell services at first resort and tell them where we are going and then we check out. We always just head over to the BWI by bus and check in around 11. They tell you your bags won't be delivered until between 1:30 and 3:30.

Last July we got lucky and our room was ready early.

Have a great time!

We had luggage moved from ASM to BW a few years ago. DD was with a band group and then joined me for the rest of our vacation. The luggage transfer was fine, but her bags didn't get there until after 6:00 p.m. -- she turned them over to ASM by 7:30 a.m. It wasn't a big deal and we only know because we stopped by BWI for a quick break between 5:30 and 6:00 and checked on the status of her bags. We collected them around 10:30 p.m. when we returned from a park. I guess we're just not as lucky as @mexi !

Hello from BWV! We've been here for 4 nights...4 to go. We are in 1-bedroom 4027. I requested (via phone a few months ago) a renovated room and a quiet room. When I did online check-in, I requested a higher floor. We are very happy with our room. It looks over the canal and Swan. But because it is an end unit, there is also a window that faces HS and we can see the ToT. Our first night here, we watched the HS fireworks from the window!

It is very quiet down here and we haven't seen any neighbors or run into anyone on our hallway...we don't mind the long walk to the elevator...we like the seclusion. We have a stairwell D-3 right outside our door. It leads to the path by the canal to HS. And is right next to the back entrance to Luna Park Pool. So we can get to the pool in about 2 minutes. And the door can be opened from the outside too...so it's easy to get back to our room.

The renovated suite is very nice, although we have nothing to compare it to. Lots of storage space, drawers, etc. And plenty of sitting areas...we are leaving the pullout open the whole time, and there are still plenty of seats and plenty of room to walk around. But there are only 3 of us...

We drove to AK and AKL on Monday...very easy to get around, great signage. We took the bus to MK at 3:15 p.m. yesterday...so glad we did! Bus came in 10 minutes and we were there 15 minutes later. From leaving our room to being on our first attraction was 50 minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hello from BWV! We've been here for 4 nights...4 to go. We are in 1-bedroom 4027. I requested (via phone a few months ago) a renovated room and a quiet room. When I did online check-in, I requested a higher floor. We are very happy with our room. It looks over the canal and Swan. But because it is an end unit, there is also a window that faces HS and we can see the ToT. Our first night here, we watched the HS fireworks from the window!

It is very quiet down here and we haven't seen any neighbors or run into anyone on our hallway...we don't mind the long walk to the elevator...we like the seclusion. We have a stairwell D-3 right outside our door. It leads to the path by the canal to HS. And is right next to the back entrance to Luna Park Pool. So we can get to the pool in about 2 minutes. And the door can be opened from the outside too...so it's easy to get back to our room.

The renovated suite is very nice, although we have nothing to compare it to. Lots of storage space, drawers, etc. And plenty of sitting areas...we are leaving the pullout open the whole time, and there are still plenty of seats and plenty of room to walk around. But there are only 3 of us...

We drove to AK and AKL on Monday...very easy to get around, great signage. We took the bus to MK at 3:15 p.m. yesterday...so glad we did! Bus came in 10 minutes and we were there 15 minutes later. From leaving our room to being on our first attraction was 50 minutes.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Those Star Wars fireworks are amazing at DHS. If only they could put the accompanying music thru the resort/ room like at CR/ BLT. Have a great remainder of the trip!

Does anyone know the measurement of the space by the connecting door ??
Just as you enter the room there is a little space by the connecting door if there is one and I was wondering if anyone knew how wide that space is ???
Thanks

As AirGoofy said, there are wait boards. We didn't see any CMs at the stop when we were there. And yes, the MK bus can be hit or miss. I found that taking a cab for early morning events is the way to go and not particularly expensive considering the stress it alleviates. Cabs are lined up in front.

First stay at BWV coming up. We are renting a full size crib or toddler bed for our large almost 3 year old. Where is the best place to fit it outside the bedroom? The pullout will be open for our other two kids. Will it fit in the master closet? I know the pack n play does but will a full size?

We had our three year old sleep in the master closet- she loved her "cozy sleepy nook" but we used a nap mat/sleeping bag. That fit nicely but I'm not positive a real bed or crib would. We also left the door open for air circulation but she fit completely inside which cut down on noise and therefore sleep disruption.

Does anyone know the measurement of the space by the connecting door ??
Just as you enter the room there is a little space by the connecting door if there is one and I was wondering if anyone knew how wide that space is ???
Thanks

The connecting door in BWV is in the back of the room, by the slider to the balcony. Are you picturing Beach Club where that door is in the entryway?

Boy am I late to the party!!! We will staying for our forth visit at BWV October 14th-22nd. First time in a Studio. Can anyone recommend a studio with a great main pool view? Mommas love to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and watch people in the pool. Yes we are strange…we like seeing Pennywise. Especially at night.

I'm 12 days away from another great stay at the Boardwalk :) That will make 3 so far, and we just love the location. We've got a waitlist in for Beach Club, but at this point I don't think it's going through. Staying in a 1BR villa with my mom, so I'm looking forward to the extra space - we usually do studios when it's just husband and myself.

Hoping we get a somewhat convenient location, but I'll be in Disney soon so I can't complain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter