Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the boardwalk lobby decorated for Christmas?! I googled it, but so many of them were years old, just wasn't sure if they have changed it. We are staying in a villa the week before Christmas, so I'm trying to get my kids all hyped up for it! Thank you!

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the boardwalk lobby decorated for Christmas?! I googled it, but so many of them were years old, just wasn't sure if they have changed it. We are staying in a villa the week before Christmas, so I'm trying to get my kids all hyped up for it! Thank you!

POST 17: CHRISTMAS AT DISNEY'S BOARDWALK INN.

The chapter hyperlinks are in post 1. I hope you have a magical Christmastime vacation:santa:

We are going to be at the BWV, November 28-December 4th.

Yippee! I'll log your dates :)

Kook yes that is Lorenzo in the Innkeepers Lounge. That pic is a couple years old but I think they still have pretty much the same uniform

Kook yes that is Lorenzo in the Innkeepers Lounge. That pic is a couple years old but I think they still have pretty much the same uniform

Thanks for the confirmation. We don't see photos of CMs much on the resort threads so it's a nice addition and makes you feel more like you're there:)

Yes! We spent a lot of time chatting with Lorenzo last year, esp my 9 year old. He looked forward to seeing him every morning. :)

DisneyBunch-I believe it is a light green with dark brown stripes maybe. The women's skirts are light green too. I think it is the same throughout the whole vest but not 100%. Maybe someone can pipe in to help:rolleyes1

Lorenzo now works the 2.00pm to 10.00pm shift, so you wont be able to see him in the mornings, but his bubbly personality still hasn't changed.

We haven't done BW Club in many years, but the one time we did, he was totally awesome. Ironically, because he and the other club staff were so friendly, we decided the BW was the place we always wanted to stay, and bought our resale DVC contract. So of course, we don't stay club there anymore. :)

KOOK- I can't believe your DD is graduating! That whole time period of college applications, and then making the final decision, is so stressful. Not to mention the mother daughter "stuff" that happens as they prepare to leave home. IIRC, she is an only? (like my DD) That adds an intensity to it also. Happy to report that my DD and I made it through that process, the college years, the change of career decisions, and so much more. Through it all our shared love of WDW has lasted and she and her DH will be traveling with us on our trip in October 2017. (and you already know that they got engaged on our summer 2014 trip)
I share your concerns about some of the changes going on at WDW, but I am hopeful that we will always be able to find our happy place there, and create new magical memories, no matter what management screws up!

Free Dining may now be booked:

Disney World Free Dining 2016 Travel Dates
Free Dining is being offered to guests ARRIVING during the dates listed below. A minimum stay of 3 nights is required and your package may not be booked for longer than 14 nights.

August 23 – October 1, 2016
November 15 – November 21, 2016
November 26 – November 28, 2016
December 10 – December 21, 2016

You must book by July 8th to get the offer.

(Please note that the offer excludes: Campsites, Bungalows at Polynesian Village, Grand Floridian Villas, Bay Lake Tower, 3-bedroom Villas, Port Orleans French Quarter, and Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. Port Orleans Riverside is only available through October 1st. )

Disney Resorts
If you stay at a Value Resort, you’ll receive the Quick Service Dining plan for FREE. (Note that you can upgrade to the standard or deluxe dining plans by paying the difference in cost per night.)

If you reserve a Moderate, Deluxe, or Deluxe Villa Resort, you will receive the standard Dining plan for FREE. (You can upgrade to the deluxe dining plan by paying the difference in cost per night).

Minimum/Maximum Days
You must book a minimum stay of 3 nights/ maximum stay of 14 nights at a Disney-owned resort. You may also need to purchase AT LEAST a 2-day Magic Your Way Disney World ticket with a Park Hopper AND/OR the Water Park Fun & More Option.

Note — while Disney often uses the rhetoric “5-night, 6-day” in its promotional materials, that’s only sales language. You do NOT have to book 5 nights to have access to free dining!

~ Disney Food Blog

Last edited:
Yep still the plans!!! :hug:

:yay:

We haven't done BW Club in many years, but the one time we did, he was totally awesome. Ironically, because he and the other club staff were so friendly, we decided the BW was the place we always wanted to stay, and bought our resale DVC contract. So of course, we don't stay club there anymore. :)

:rotfl2:

KOOK- I can't believe your DD is graduating! That whole time period of college applications, and then making the final decision, is so stressful. Not to mention the mother daughter "stuff" that happens as they prepare to leave home. IIRC, she is an only? (like my DD) That adds an intensity to it also. Happy to report that my DD and I made it through that process, the college years, the change of career decisions, and so much more. Through it all our shared love of WDW has lasted and she and her DH will be traveling with us on our trip in October 2017. (and you already know that they got engaged on our summer 2014 trip)

I share your concerns about some of the changes going on at WDW, but I am hopeful that we will always be able to find our happy place there, and create new magical memories, no matter what management screws up!

I'm almost scared to return because I don't know how disturbing all the changes will be to me in person. On the other hand, I won't know until I go back, right? (Can you tell I'm change averse?!)

It's great you're all going back next year:). Your back must be better? Yes, she's our one and only:). We've been very lucky that she's known what she wants to major in for a long time. She narrowed down the college over the summer, applied Early Decision and chose her school in November. The process has gone really well and I'm very excited for her, but it is a big change after 17 years. But, I know all of you parents know this and I'm just stating the obvious so I'll move this right along to....

Who is booking FD?

I just booked FD for F&W. I didn't even know it was being offered but was happily surprised when looking for Epcot resort availability.

We have a reservation at BWI standard view Oct 5-8 for our 20th Wedding anniversary. We will be doing a couple days of F&W before we go on a 7 night DCL cruise. With the discounts out today decided to move to BWV Deluxe Studio Standard View to say $400.00. Decided that cost savings were worth it for us. My husband does not care where we stay or what our view is. Very excited to try this resort for the first time. :yay:

We are staying at a Water View Room and I requested Boardwalk View. With a Water View Room wouldn't we be looking over the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake? If I am incorrect, what view are we likely to have?

I just booked FD for F&W. I didn't even know it was being offered but was happily surprised when looking for Epcot resort availability.
Congrats on getting FD! Enjoy!

We have a reservation at BWI standard view Oct 5-8 for our 20th Wedding anniversary. We will be doing a couple days of F&W before we go on a 7 night DCL cruise. With the discounts out today decided to move to BWV Deluxe Studio Standard View to say $400.00. Decided that cost savings were worth it for us. My husband does not care where we stay or what our view is. Very excited to try this resort for the first time. :yay:
Congratulations on your 20th! We will be celebrating 20 yrs too this Wednesday in fact but will celebrate more this July at BWI. Have a great time!

We are staying at a Water View Room and I requested Boardwalk View. With a Water View Room wouldn't we be looking over the Boardwalk and Crescent Lake? If I am incorrect, what view are we likely to have?
The water view rooms are either directly over the boardwalk or on the side where they call it BW greens which looks out over the grassy area but still offers a view of the lake.

If you want to be over the boardwalk then a request would help but of course not guaranteed.

Psac-that is the reason we had our contract for DVC and backed out. Unlike many of the resorts now they do not allow points to be used at BWI club. We tried and asked if the rules would ever change. We enjoy the inn side and the CMs too much to miss out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter