• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

FYI, we used the skyliner to get to HS for rope drop on 8/9 and 8/12. We were at the AOA/Pop skyliner station around 8;00--no wait at that one or the CBR transfer station. We were inside HS by 8:15. I don't think the HS buses were even running those mornings, so skyliner was our only option.

Bumping as I would love this info as well!!

TIA
Landscape of Flavors is still in "Covid Mode".

(Grab 'n Go has always been open at LoF because it is "to the side" of the Food Stations and not "in the middle" of the Food Stations like at Everything Pop Dining.)

And just a note for AoA Guests,Landscape of Flavors currently closes at 10:00 PM but Everything Pop Dining is open until 11:00 PM if any AoA Guests are looking for some late munchies.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJK
Landscape of Flavors is still in "Covid Mode".

(Grab 'n Go has always been open at LoF because it is "to the side" of the Food Stations and not "in the middle" of the Food Stations like at Everything Pop Dining.)

And just a note for AoA Guests,Landscape of Flavors currently closes at 10:00 PM but Everything Pop Dining is open until 11:00 PM if any AoA Guests are looking for some late munchies.

View attachment 599042

Thanks - we were at AOA in April and did not have access to anything grab & go even water or soda so this is a nice (but small) change I guess!

I'd like to thank everyone for all your help and info but I'm going to bow out of this thread now as we have changed our booking to ASMusic, still in a suite but £1500 cheaper:wave:

Another Landscape of Flavors question: Microwaves? Are they available for guest use again?

We are scheduled to stay in LM rooms in December. I've been a vegetarian all of my adult life but last year discovered I need to be gluten free as well. That combination is challenging at Disney without access to a kitchen or some way of cooking a few things for packed meals/snacks. We recently did an off-site stay and I'm not sure I can justify going to AoA without some way to do some very basic heating up of gluten-free proteins. My daughter would really like to stay on site for this trip, but microwave access in LoF may be the make-or-break item.

It was at another resort, but I know someone who requested a microwave at a value resort and received one to use in the room during their stay. Maybe that’s an option?

Another Landscape of Flavors question: Microwaves? Are they available for guest use again?

You can call and ask them if they are available for your room - 407-938-7000.
The Family Suites at ArtOfA all have fridges and microwaves in them.
If the extra price is a problem, you can buy a small microwave at Wal-Mart for 60.00 or so and just leave it there. We are doing this for a small freezer, the small fridges have terrible freezers (if they have any at all) and we have folks who need ice packs.

I was offered a room for $255 a night it says it's a standard room for two people. Do any of the rooms just contain one bed?

Yes! Looking at the room types, which can be found at the WDW website section,
the Little Mermaid Standard room offers 2 queens or 1 king.
It's on a 3rd party because disney wont let me book one night... I'm guessing I will get a king that I dont want :( I cant find any other sites..
If I put in 4 people the prices went up to $400

Just checked into Little Mermaid for one night. We’ve previously stayed at Cars, but excited for LM.

Dining allows mobile order, but you can also order at the register with a cast member, which is what we did. We also walked up and bought some grab-n-go items ourself at a different register.

It's on a 3rd party because disney wont let me book one night... I'm guessing I will get a king that I dont want :( I cant find any other sites..
If I put in 4 people the prices went up to $400
We also tried to get one night, but Disney online and over the phone won’t allow it. We walked in and ended up getting one night in person, but if you need advance reservations, it’s very frustrating.

We also tried to get one night, but Disney online and over the phone won’t allow it. We walked in and ended up getting one night in person, but if you need advance reservations, it’s very frustrating.
It's for next Saturday.. hopefully I can make something happen. This is what I found ...
I may just go to swdolphin they will take me!!
Screenshot_20210918-205919_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's for next Saturday.. hopefully I can make something happen. This is what I found ...
I may just go to swdolphin they will take me!!
We came here expecting to stay at the Swan or Dolphin, but our daughter really wanted to stay at AoA. It’s her birthday next week, so we let her decide. It was the same price, though (high!).

View attachment 605803
View attachment 605804

Pictures of peeling paint and also work being done on the paint.

Wow! I've never seen the paint peeling like that when we've been there. Although, there was one year that we stayed in a Nemo Suite and they were repainting the building at that time, but it definitely didn't look this bad. Glad they're taking care of it. I'm guessing Covid shutdowns got in the way of some regular maintenance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter