• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Disney just moved us to AoA!! I'm very excited......I've never stay here before for different reasons. Our trip is in 2 weeks and now, I'm researching & changing some plans.

Question....is the murphy bed comparable to the ones at Pop?
I was watching a YouTube tour of the Nemo suite.......they stated the murphy bed should be basically for kids. And the pull out sofa bed would be better for adults.
My DH & I actually use both beds at the other resorts so, now moving to a suite, I'm concerned at how bad the extra beds are???

TIA

Disney just moved us to AoA!! I'm very excited......I've never stay here before for different reasons. Our trip is in 2 weeks and now, I'm researching & changing some plans.

I was watching a YouTube tour of the Nemo suite.......they stated the murphy bed should be basically for kids. And the pull out sofa bed would be better for adults.
My DH & I actually use both beds at the other resorts so, now moving to a suite, I'm concerned at how bad the extra beds are???

TIA
Are you in a Nemo suite or a LM room? LM doesn’t have Murphy beds. The Nemo suite Murphy bed is similar to Pop. Pop is a queen size, while I have seen reports that the AoA suite ones are Double/Full size and other reports that say it’s a Queen (I’ll be there tomorrow to judge for myself). But either way the mattress should be identical; Disney uses the same mattresses at all Value resorts.

TIA

I can't compare to Pop as I haven't stayed there since the renovation, but the pull down bed in the AoA suites is a full-size bed (not a queen) and very comfortable. I have no idea why the video is suggesting that bed for kids and putting adults on the sofa bed. I'd do the opposite. The sofa bed is lower to the floor and would be easier for young kids to get in and out of. And while the sofa bed is comfortable (at least for a sofa bed), the pull down bed has a normal mattress that is thicker than the sofa bed. It's very comfortable. Our adult children have slept on the pull down bed several times and say it's as comfortable as most hotel beds they've slept in. I find the bed in the master bedroom to be very uncomfortable -- too firm for me. I have housekeeping add a foam mattress topper to that one.

Last edited:

Are you in a Nemo suite or a LM room? LM doesn’t have Murphy beds. The Nemo suite Murphy bed is similar to Pop. Pop is a queen size, while I have seen reports that the AoA suite ones are Double/Full size and other reports that say it’s a Queen (I’ll be there tomorrow to judge for myself). But either way the mattress should be identical; Disney uses the same mattresses at all Value resorts.
Sorry...yes, we will be in Nemo suite!! I'm fine with it being a full size. More concerned with comfort. The you tuber was acting like an adult should sleep on the sofa pull out. I was thinking that looked more for a child.
Oh well....not a huge issue. I'm just thrilled with the upgrade we got!!

TIA
We got an upgrade too!!! We were booked at Pop in about 2 weeks and got the call yesterday. Cars suite for us. We are also thrilled as we’ve never stayed at AoA.

Since this will be our first time at AoA, what is the mug refill setup. I know it might be different because of Covid changes. But is there an additional refill station besides the food court? And is the drink refill station 24 hrs? Thanks!

Sorry...yes, we will be in Nemo suite!! I'm fine with it being a full size. More concerned with comfort. The you tuber was acting like an adult should sleep on the sofa pull out. I was thinking that looked more for a child.
Oh well....not a huge issue. I'm just thrilled with the upgrade we got!!

I'm still baffled at the suggestion that the pull down bed in the suites is more suitable for children. Was the person actually in the suite while doing the video or were they just doing commentary? I'm thinking the person might have assumed the pull down bed was like the ones in some of the moderate resorts where the pull down bed is actually sized somewhere between a crib and a twin bed and really can't be used by someone over about 5' tall. It would make sense that they would recommend kids use *those* beds. But the ones in the suites are 75" x 54" with an 8" thick mattress. Perfectly suitable for adults. (Just for reference, the sofa bed is 77" x 53" with a 6" thick mattress...so also suitable for adults.)

I can't compare to Pop as I haven't stayed there since the renovation, but the pull down bed in the AoA suites is a full-size bed (not a queen) and very comfortable. I have no idea why the video is suggesting that bed for kids and putting adults on the sofa bed. I'd do the opposite. The sofa bed is lower to the floor and would be easier for young kids to get in and out of. And while the sofa bed is comfortable (at least for a sofa bed), the pull down bed has a normal mattress that is thicker than the sofa bed. It's very comfortable. Our adult children have slept on the pull down bed several times and say it's as comfortable as most hotel beds they've slept in. I find the bed in the master bedroom to be very uncomfortable -- too firm for me. I have housekeeping add a foam mattress topper to that one.
Thanks for that info.
My plan was adult on murphy bed & kid on sofa pull out........but, when I heard them say that, I started to worry about it. I'm over that now...LOL I knew to ask here from people in "the know".

I'm still baffled at the suggestion that the pull down bed in the suites is more suitable for children. Was the person actually in the suite while doing the video or were they just doing commentary? I'm thinking the person might have assumed the pull down bed was like the ones in some of the moderate resorts where the pull down bed is actually sized somewhere between a crib and a twin bed and really can't be used by someone over about 5' tall. It would make sense that they would recommend kids use *those* beds. But the ones in the suites are 75" x 54" with an 8" thick mattress. Perfectly suitable for adults. (Just for reference, the sofa bed is 77" x 53" with a 6" thick mattress...so also suitable for adults.)
sadly, they were actually in the suite while doing a tour for the video. That's why it made me start thinking about it. I was confused when they said that.
It's all good now.........I'm not worried anymore. Thanks to you all!!!

I am overly excited about the Nemo Suite!! My DH & I take our grandkids when they turn 5 .......the 1st two, we were able to spoil with so much Disney offers like character meals. I've been a little sad that this grandchild is missing some things due to covid. This suite will make it special for him!!! :cheer2:

We got an upgrade too!!! We were booked at Pop in about 2 weeks and got the call yesterday. Cars suite for us. We are also thrilled as we’ve never stayed at AoA.
Congrats!! :cheer2: Thanks to the cheerleaders!!!
My niece was there last week with her cheer group. I actually like being there when they are & enjoyed watching practices (in the past) But, am tickled to be moved to this resort. I've never stayed at AoA, either.

Heading here next week for the first time! Are the resorts still doing movies under the stars and what are the current pool hours for AoA?

Since this will be our first time at AoA, what is the mug refill setup. I know it might be different because of Covid changes. But is there an additional refill station besides the food court? And is the drink refill station 24 hrs? Thanks!
Guests are now allowed to fill their own Mugs at the Beverage Island in Landscape of Flavors and can only be refilled during Food Court hours..

The Refill Station at the Pool Bar is not open.

sadly, they were actually in the suite while doing a tour for the video. That's why it made me start thinking about it. I was confused when they said that.
It's all good now.........I'm not worried anymore. Thanks to you all!!!

I am overly excited about the Nemo Suite!! My DH & I take our grandkids when they turn 5 .......the 1st two, we were able to spoil with so much Disney offers like character meals. I've been a little sad that this grandchild is missing some things due to covid. This suite will make it special for him!!! :cheer2:
Have a great trip! We love AoA. Our kids are growing up and getting married so they book their own rooms now. On our next trip, we will only have 1 "kid" (she'll be 17 at the time) staying in our room and I would *love* to have a suite for the 3 of us. Not sure if I'll want to spend the money for it or not but I would love to have all that space! We've had several stays with 3 or 4 "kids" with us and using 1 or 2 air mattresses so no one had to share a bed. With 5 or 6 people and all of our "stuff", the room was a little cluttered and crowded at times. Having only 3 people in the suite would make it feel enormous to us. :D

Have a great trip! We love AoA. Our kids are growing up and getting married so they book their own rooms now. On our next trip, we will only have 1 "kid" (she'll be 17 at the time) staying in our room and I would *love* to have a suite for the 3 of us. Not sure if I'll want to spend the money for it or not but I would love to have all that space! We've had several stays with 3 or 4 "kids" with us and using 1 or 2 air mattresses so no one had to share a bed. With 5 or 6 people and all of our "stuff", the room was a little cluttered and crowded at times. Having only 3 people in the suite would make it feel enormous to us. :D
yes, I think it will feel huge..........I will totally enjoy it. We won't pay that price for just 3 of us but, will be nice to know about it we have more in our group!!

We are taking my 21 year old daughter and I just switched to a suite at AoA because I need the 2 bathrooms. She takes forever to get ready in the morning. We were booked at Gran Destino and the bathroom setup there was not going to work for us, so I started looking for 2 bathroom options. I have had a rough year -- my dad died in Nov. and I had major emergency surgery on Jan 1 -- so we decided to splurge. We haven't told my daughter yet and I'm thinking it will be a surprise. Unless she looks at MDE and finds it. She was in the college program last year when it shut down, so she does know how to use the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter