Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Did they finally lower the price? Friends who were at AoA in January still paid $16.99 for the case (which is what the price has been the last 3 times we've been there). I know some resorts sell it for $6.99 though so maybe AoA (and Pop Century) finally got on board with that in the last 2 months.

As of 2 weeks ago, AoA was the normal $6.99. But Pop was, inexcusably, still $16.99. :confused3

As of 2 weeks ago, AoA was the normal $6.99. But Pop was, inexcusably, still $16.99. :confused3

Glad to see that AoA *finally* dropped to $6.99. I'd carry that $6.99 case of water across the bridge to Pop just to save the $10. :D

Trying to find my answer but can't. Staying in a AOA Cars suite with 4 kids,one who is an infant. What location etc should I request for room requests? What's a quiet part of the Cars area?

Trying to find my answer but can't. Staying in a AOA Cars suite with 4 kids,one who is an infant. What location etc should I request for room requests? What's a quiet part of the Cars area?

I would word your request as "quiet location". The room assigners know their resorts well and it helps if they know exactly what you are looking for.

We just got back from an 8 night stay in a Cars Suite. We were in Building 2, second floor with a pool view. Inside the suite, it was quiet no matter what time of day it was. My 2yo had no problem napping in the living room in the afternoon and he is my light sleeper.

Buildings 1 and 3 will be closer to the main bldg with the food court as well as the bus stops to the parks. I was aiming for a first floor room since we had a stroller but none were available for Bldg 2 with Lightning McQueen right at the entrance. We were in and out of the suite every day and never had to wait on the elevator, which was nice.

Is anyone there right now that can confirm whether or not the mini fridges have a freezer section??
Tia!

The mini fridge in our Cars Suite had a freezer section, cold enough to freeze two ice packs every night after long day in the heat. We just got back last night :-)

And I thought I was early planning my Jan 2019 stay!:rotfl2:

Heck no! Due to some accidental planning, our last night at Disney was 2 days before my daughter's 10th birthday (and she was going to be in school) so we decided to celebrate her birthday on the last night at O'Hana, and now my son wants in on this 'tradition.' And it's probably the soonest my husband would let us go back LOL. 9/16 was MY first trip and I fell hard :D

Anyone who has been there recently, can you tell me what the resort spots were for magical express from the airport to AoA? Thanks!

Thank you. That's a bummer, AoA I thought usually was the first stop on the that resort loop on DME. Was hoping it was still the same.
The route can vary-we've had many stays at POP where the route was just AoA and then POP-it all just depends on "arrivals" at OIA at that time.:)

I have come across mentions of the 'insane' or 'ridiculous' long walk from LM to the main building. I know that LM is the farthest away, but how crazy are we talking? I don't shy away from a walk- I walk my kiddo to school about a 1/2 mile every morning- just for reference. I keep seeing it come up, so I'm just wondering realistically how far/long of a walk it is. We will have our own car and plan to drive to parks, but I do plan to walk down to the main for coffee and to toast a bagel each morning (probably alone, no dragging kiddos).

I have come across mentions of the 'insane' or 'ridiculous' long walk from LM to the main building. I know that LM is the farthest away, but how crazy are we talking? I don't shy away from a walk- I walk my kiddo to school about a 1/2 mile every morning- just for reference. I keep seeing it come up, so I'm just wondering realistically how far/long of a walk it is. We will have our own car and plan to drive to parks, but I do plan to walk down to the main for coffee and to toast a bagel each morning (probably alone, no dragging kiddos).

I love to walk, and walk a lot, but that walk was just too much for me. :crazy2:
It's about a 7-10 minute walk depending on your pace and room location.
We like to go to the main building multiple times per day and we often travel in the summer. So those rooms are once and done for us, but we do love the resort itself.

I love to walk, and walk a lot, but that walk was just too much for me. :crazy2:
It's about a 7-10 minute walk depending on your pace and room location.
We like to go to the main building multiple times per day and we often travel in the summer. So those rooms are once and done for us, but we do love the resort itself.

Thank you for replying! We are going in winter, so I guess the weather will be on our side (hopefully). We don't need a suite, and I'm trying to decide AOA LM or Pop. Those LM rooms are just so cute. My daughter would love it and I truly doubt we will be at the main other than my morning coffee run- and 10 mins is shorter than my normal morning coffee run to Starbucks... but convenience is nice on vacation.

Thank you for replying! We are going in winter, so I guess the weather will be on our side (hopefully). We don't need a suite, and I'm trying to decide AOA LM or Pop. Those LM rooms are just so cute. My daughter would love it and I truly doubt we will be at the main other than my morning coffee run- and 10 mins is shorter than my normal morning coffee run to Starbucks... but convenience is nice on vacation.
You might love it! Being close to the main building is really important to me, but if that doesn't bother you, then go for it! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter