• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I've made it sound like I bring a suitcase worth of stuff in the shower! lol In reality, I just have normal size bottles b/c travel size isn't enough for my hair and shaving cream and such, but the shelf in the photos looks really tiny. Anybody know where you can get a small caddy that would hang on the shower head? It has to fit in the suitcase and be inexpensive.

They often have small shower caddies at Dollar Tree. That's the kind of thing I wouldn't mind leaving behind post-trip if space is tight in my suitcase due to extra souvenirs - if it only costs $1, it's sort of "disposable"!

Well, we changed our Little Mermaid room to a Nemo Suite for April!!! I was very worried about how cramped we will be, even if only for 2 nights. I was able to get the 30% off military discount for the Nemo Suite, so definitely worth the upgrade!! So excited!!!

Dumb question....are there elevators in those buildings?

I know someone already answered the elevator question. I just wanted to say yay for going to nemo suites instead.

I have done lake view many times at POP, its worth the request :)

I think so too. I had made that request last time at POP but I didn't get it. Oh well just meant I had to go for a walk each night lol

Spent another night at AoA in August. This was my view. I promise that one day, I'll spend more than one night in there! The problem is there are never any sales!

from raw-4363 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

See what a great view. That is work it even if I am only looking out for a bit now and again.

what room/section were you in?

I was in the Ursula building. Building 7, lake view. Little Mermaid section.

I think it's from the Little Mermaid section....probably building 7. But I didn't take the photo so I'm only guessing based on the view. :)

You are good! Room 7751. It bugs me that they didn't do their rooms like the other values, it's much easier to remember rooms when the building is your first number, floor second and then the 2 digit room number. Easier to remember!

Last edited:

Hi all, enjoying reading through this thread. I just changed my reservation from Coronado springs to a LM room at AofA and very excited (did it to save money to add on a few nights in NYC). Looking forward to the theming.
We will be staying for two weeks ( visiting from Australia) and are planning on getting a refillable mug. Does anyone have any strategies for the mugs. I was thinking that in the morning while one of us is getting ready the other can go fill the mugs. Or we could fill them on the way to the bus but then carry them all day.
Any ideas?

Hi all, enjoying reading through this thread. I just changed my reservation from Coronado springs to a LM room at AofA and very excited (did it to save money to add on a few nights in NYC). Looking forward to the theming.
We will be staying for two weeks ( visiting from Australia) and are planning on getting a refillable mug. Does anyone have any strategies for the mugs. I was thinking that in the morning while one of us is getting ready the other can go fill the mugs. Or we could fill them on the way to the bus but then carry them all day.
Any ideas?

We usually take turns filling the mugs -- one of us will go do that while the other one is sleeping, showering, etc. Something we did at Pop Century when our room was far away from the main building is that before we got on a bus to head to the parks for the day, we'd put our mugs in a locker in the changing rooms by the pool. I don't remember how much it cost for the day but I think it was less than a dollar (might be more now -- this was several years ago). That way we didn't have to carry them around the parks all day (we don't take anything to the parks that doesn't fit in our pockets) but we also didn't have to walk all the way back to the room to get the mugs when we got back from the parks. If you decide to do that, just be sure to check when/if those changing rooms get locked at night so you aren't stuck without your mugs -- or worse, they empty the lockers and throw them away. We only did that on days that we weren't staying at the parks past about 8 or 9:00.

I just wanted to make sure - are the Cars rooms only for suites? Are the only non suite rooms little mermaid? My son really wants a cars room for our next trip but there are only 3 of us so we don't really need a suite. But I don't want to book a regular room and get little mermaid. Is that how it works - cars are only suites? Thanks. We've only stayed at CBR for the last 5 trips so haven't tried a new place in a long time! Also, are there water slides at the pool? Thanks!!

I just wanted to make sure - are the Cars rooms only for suites? Are the only non suite rooms little mermaid? My son really wants a cars room for our next trip but there are only 3 of us so we don't really need a suite. But I don't want to book a regular room and get little mermaid. Is that how it works - cars are only suites? Thanks. We've only stayed at CBR for the last 5 trips so haven't tried a new place in a long time! Also, are there water slides at the pool? Thanks!!
Unfortunately, Little Mermaid is the only section with standard rooms. Finding Nemo, Cars & Lion King are suites only. There are no water slides at Art of Animation, but the playgrounds are fun and the theming of the whole resort is fantastic!

Unfortunately, Little Mermaid is the only section with standard rooms. Finding Nemo, Cars & Lion King are suites only. There are no water slides at Art of Animation, but the playgrounds are fun and the theming of the whole resort is fantastic!

Thanks! That's what I figured.....but it looks awesome!!

Question about how far the Little Mermaid section is from the bus stop. Is the walk to the buses farther or about the same as it is for building 9 by the '90s parking area at Pop or building 8 Broadway section at ASMu? We would like to stay at Art of Animation but we really do not need a suite.

Question about how far the Little Mermaid section is from the bus stop. Is the walk to the buses farther or about the same as it is for building 9 by the '90s parking area at Pop or building 8 Broadway section at ASMu? We would like to stay at Art of Animation but we really do not need a suite.

The walk from LM is further than both your examples by distance, plus with the way the LM section is angled it doesn't led to any (or good) shortcuts. For comparison with building 9 at Pop, your shortcut is you can walk across or around the parking lot and enter the bus area from the side, rather than walking around and through Classic Hall via the "entrance" to bus transportation.

If you measure out the farthest room to the center of the bus stops, those distances are:

Little Mermaid - .36 miles (walking through the center of the LM section and then along the parking lot)
Bldg. 9 at Pop - .18 miles (walking along the parking lot)
Bldg. 8 at ASMu - .30 miles (walking through the center of the resort and through Melody Hall.

For what it's worth, the closest LM room would be a distance of .23 miles from the center of the bus stops.

Hope that helps to give you some perspective. My son and his girlfriend stayed in a LM room when we were in a Lion King suite. Their room was right at the end of building 7 closest to the Lion King section. They didn't feel like it was a long walk at all. In fact, some of the Cars Suites are farther than that from the bus stops. If I was staying in a LM room, I'd request "close to transportation" and hope for the best :)

If you measure out the farthest room to the center of the bus stops, those distances are:

Little Mermaid - .36 miles (walking through the center of the LM section and then along the parking lot)
Bldg. 9 at Pop - .18 miles (walking along the parking lot)
Bldg. 8 at ASMu - .30 miles (walking through the center of the resort and through Melody Hall.

For what it's worth, the closest LM room would be a distance of .23 miles from the center of the bus stops.

Hope that helps to give you some perspective. My son and his girlfriend stayed in a LM room when we were in a Lion King suite. Their room was right at the end of building 7 closest to the Lion King section. They didn't feel like it was a long walk at all. In fact, some of the Cars Suites are farther than that from the bus stops. If I was staying in a LM room, I'd request "close to transportation" and hope for the best :)

Thank you that was very helpful. From looking at the map I was thinking that building 7 or 9 wouldn't be too bad of a walk. I'm just a little concerned about the distance because this will be the first trip with my daughter and some evenings we might have her wheelchair.

There is no transportation from park to park, there is transportation from resorts to all four parks, plus the water parks.

Tom
We are staying offsite but want to go from Animal Kingdom one day to Hollywood at night or from Epcot one day to Disney Springs one night. What would be the best options?

There is no transportation from park to park, there is transportation from resorts to all four parks, plus the water parks.

Tom

I always thought that too, but there are some buses that run from park to park. I've taken a bus from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom at least twice. I'm trying to find a picture of the bus stops but my computer is acting up! It scares me when it does that! LOL

We are staying offsite but want to go from Animal Kingdom one day to Hollywood at night or from Epcot one day to Disney Springs one night. What would be the best options?
There are direct buses between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. The parks have direct buses between them (or monorail if going between Epcot and Magic Kingdom or boat between Epcot and Hollywood Studios). For getting to Disney Springs from a park, there is NOT a direct bus. I'd probably take a bus from Epcot to Saratoga Springs and then walk to Disney Springs from there. Alternatively, exit Epcot through the back entrance (International Gateway) and take a bus from the nearby Beach Club Resort to Disney Springs.

Tom
Incorrect. There are no buses from resort to resort. But there are absolutely buses (or bus, or monorail, depending on the location) that run from park to park. I'm all about some park hopping, and have used them quite often. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter