Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

@Cinderkelly: theres a ton of room in the fridge. We fit 4 half gallons of milk and 2 half gallons of OJ, in addition to a lot of bottles of water, a container of bags of prepackaged sliced apples, a large container of yogurt, a box of gogurt, some butter, and a few wine coolers/beers

@Chelseabun76: there are plenty of snacks that could be used for breakfast at the food court, including muffins and fruit

Great, thanks!

We're at 49 days today! We're really looking forward to our first stay at AoA (and surprising the kids!) Anyone else going in November?!

We're coming very soon! :banana:

Question...is there some kind of bed rail available? My DD5 still uses one on her bed as she moves around a lot and just realized there won't be anything preventing her from falling out when away.

We're coming very soon! :banana:

Question...is there some kind of bed rail available? My DD5 still uses one on her bed as she moves around a lot and just realized there won't be anything preventing her from falling out when away.

Yes, the resorts have bed rails available. You can have it noted on your reservation but I usually just request it when we check-in. It's usually in the room by the time we get there. Sometimes I requested 2 if the "roller" was sleeping in a bed alone.

Yes, the resorts have bed rails available. You can have it noted on your reservation but I usually just request it when we check-in. It's usually in the room by the time we get there. Sometimes I requested 2 if the "roller" was sleeping in a bed alone.

This is great to hear. When we go away, we usually try to pile the side with the extra chair(s) in the room. But I was wondering, since Disney is geared to kids, if they were have such a thing.

We're at 49 days today! We're really looking forward to our first stay at AoA (and surprising the kids!) Anyone else going in November?!

Yep. Will be there November 9-16 in a LM room. And surprising the kids as well. I have no idea how we'll keep it under wraps for another four weeks. It's killing us.

I was thinking of using our snack credits to grab something at night before bed in the food court that we can just take back to the room to save for a quick breakfast as we get ready on rope drop days to save us time and get us to the bus quicker... Are there some decent options for snacks later at night like fruit, muffins, etc.?
Just remember both the gift shop and food court close at midnight. There were some hungry folks getting off the bus with us one night who were unhappy about that :(

Sorry if I missed it somewhere lol Which portion are you staying in right now? I guess my biggest question would be about a quiet area in the Nemo suites :)
Sorry, I'm in Lion King. But here and in Cars, the only noise that has bothered us has been from other guests running and talking loudly in the halls. Outside noise hasn't been noticed either place.

We stayed at Nemo a month ago on the 2nd floor facing the pool area and really didn't notice any noise either. My wife wanted pool view since she knew the kids would love to see the characters out the window, but I was concerned about noise and fortunately it was a non-issue.

I have wanted to stay at AOA since it opened, and just booked my first stay this morning for next January. Really excited about staying here!

One question though - does the marathon affect the roads in this area? I know there can be delays sometimes on the buses no matter where you are staying, but if we want to go off property over that weekend, will it be a huge hassle? We drive, so we always have a car.

So we decided to add a day onto our stay! We were concerned about traffic, so will now leave a day earlier!! So which means one more day at AoA! We'll stay in both a LM and LK room while there, before moving onto WL. We're really looking forward to our first stay there!! 47 days to go!

Just remember both the gift shop and food court close at midnight. There were some hungry folks getting off the bus with us one night who were unhappy about that :(

We're going in January so park hours don't run as late, so I'm sure we'll be back to the hotel before close :) I am also bringing some snacks with us, but extra for the morning is good too ;)

Yep. Will be there November 9-16 in a LM room. And surprising the kids as well. I have no idea how we'll keep it under wraps for another four weeks. It's killing us.

We are going in November as well! Staying in a Cars suite for 6nights, Nov 16-22. It's our first trip with our dd, 14 months when we go. We are very excited!! Surprising the kids is magical!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Working on online check-in - is there a big difference in the distance from the lake view rooms in the Cars suites to the Cars building closest to the transportation/buses? I'm thinking the lake view would be nice, but being close to transpo would be nice as well with 2 small kids! It's hard to judge actual distance from looking at the resort map, anyone have any up-close experience? :)

It's really not a big difference. The lake view building is just across a little courtyard and the pool area from the building closest to transportation. I'm thinking maybe it would add an extra minute of walking?!

We are going in November as well! Staying in a Cars suite for 6nights, Nov 16-22. It's our first trip with our dd, 14 months when we go. We are very excited!! Surprising the kids is magical!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

We will probably pass each other! Same dates in a CARS suite. With my 3 boys: 12, 7, and 3 It isn't our first trip, but it is my mom's first trip! So excited!!!

So does anyone know why Little Mermaid rooms are unavailable for January?

I booked a trip last year around the same time and the mermaid rooms were available. And last year they were unavailable for quite a while until I made the booking on the 17th of October.

We'll be there in a two Little Mermaid rooms, Dec. 4-11, 2015! Booked and deposited our rooms a couple weeks ago. This will be the 10th WDW trip for me, and the 1st for my Aunt & Uncle. I'm so excited, I can't wait! :goodvibes

The next 13-and-a-half months are going to craaaaaaawl by!! :surfweb:

We are booked into a LM room May 2015 and cannot wait! My DH and I are keeping it a secret from our DD5, and DD1 can't talk yet, so she is helping keep the secret. We will be going the week after DD5 turns 6 due to school scheduling. It is on our reservation that we are celebrating her birthday. Will Mousekeeping do anything special in our room to honor her? It is also in our reservations that it is my DH, DD5 and DD1's first trip.

If you have been for a birthday and had some pixie dust sprinkled on you at the hotel what was it? I don't expect anything, but would like a bit of a heads up if there is something that is done.

We are going jan 2015 and my TA said LM is sold our. I booked my room in February.
Last time we stayed in cars and DS celebrated his 4 birthday. They gave him a birthday pin at check in and sent an autographed mickey picture to the room.

This will be out first trip to AoA staying in a little mermaid room 2/22-3/1! We normally stay at POR in a royal room but since none were available we thought we would try another themed room and our DD's picked AoA! With that in mind we like to walk to the food court in the morning for coffee and I was wondering about how far of a walk it is and if there was a better building to request or are they all the same? Thanks so much!:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter