Disney's Art of Animation Resort hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any Disney Visa holders booked Free Dining for AoA? How about for Nov 29?

I'm so antsy waiting until Thursday because if I can get a Nemo Suite for the 29th, we're switching our air and whatnot to go 2 days earlier (from Dec 1 since it will be excluded).

Yes, AoA suites are included. We are booked for 11/09-11/14. We weren't able to get Nemo for our dates, but got Lion King. Because AoA is a value resort, the free dining is "Quick Service Dining", you have the option to upgrade for an add'l $16.55 per adult, per night for DDP.

I'm trying to add one more room only night on 12/6 in the LM rooms but they are booked full. If anyone here drops that night off, would you PM me when you do? Thanks!

I'm trying to add one more room only night on 12/6 in the LM rooms but they are booked full. If anyone here drops that night off, would you PM me when you do? Thanks!

I'd just keep checking online. I originally wanted to arrive on 11/30, but I waited too long and by the time I was ready to book, that night was unavailable. Our dates were somewhat flexible, so I booked starting 12/1 about a week ago, but today the 30th opened up.

It's easy enough to check online and you'd have a much better chance of that than someone on here cancelling, I would think. It's also so far out, I bet you have will be able to get it eventually. Good luck!

I'd just keep checking online. I originally wanted to arrive on 11/30, but I waited too long and by the time I was ready to book, that night was unavailable. Our dates were somewhat flexible, so I booked starting 12/1 about a week ago, but today the 30th opened up.

It's easy enough to check online and you'd have a much better chance of that than someone on here cancelling, I would think. It's also so far out, I bet you have will be able to get it eventually. Good luck!

Thanks! I'm watching closely the next few days. I'm thinking some who were booked at AoA LM will switch to another resort to get free dining since it's excluded on this offer.

We only just decided today to add the extra day, so I'm optimistic one will pop up.

The AoA suites ARE included in this FD deal, and lots of Disney Visa holders booked them yesterday. The LM are not included this time, but the LM rooms were included in PINs that went out back in March. :goodvibes
Oh well that is good to know because it says "All suites are excluded" I thought they meant all suites. :confused3 But your news is better :thumbsup2

I am not seeing anything on the Visa site that says it excludes suites. Here is the Visa page with the exclusions at the bottom of the chart...

http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwfreedinejuly12

Thanks! What I read was, I thought, copied and pasted directly from that site but the wording on a few parts are different so it must not be accurate. Now that that is cleared up I just need to hope for some Feb discounts :cool1:

So I read in some other threads two different people getting AoA FD in the suites but having to switch from Nemo to another section in November. FD is worth the switch to me but still. Anyone else finding this? I really hope I can do a Nov 29 check in for Nemo or Cars!

Actually they are guaranteed if you are 2 parents traveling with 3 or more kids under the age of 18. That is the only way.

They are not even guaranteed that way. There was a poster a while back who was the only adult with multiple children, and ended up with rooms that didn't connect.:scared: I'm sure that doesn't happen very often, but the possibility is there.

It would pretty simple really for Disney to split up a family with 2 adults. One would just have to sleep in each room. I'm sure that is not what they would like to do, but it does happen on occasion. Again, no matter what you are told over the phone, the only thing you are guaranteed is a room on Disney property.

I'm online now looking at the 2013 rates. I had my fingers crossed that it wouldn't be as expensive as the "fake" dates I was playing with for 2012. But alas it is still really high. Darn suites! I don't know what to do. Maybe I will call this morning and see if there is a pin code with my name. I'm sure the phone lines will be jammed, but it's worth a try.

anyone else trying to get 2013 rates this morning? :goodvibes

mom2rtk said:
Thanks! I'm watching closely the next few days. I'm thinking some who were booked at AoA LM will switch to another resort to get free dining since it's excluded on this offer.

We only just decided today to add the extra day, so I'm optimistic one will pop up.

I was in the same position last week. I was scrounging around for a one-day ressie somewhere else, looking at renting points, considering not adding the day. Then I called to add our DP and check for a PIN (no luck, sadly, and now looking impossible), and they had a LM room available for that extra day, just a day after I'd called the first time. Now that FD is out and excludes LM, there's sure to be a cancelation. Just keep calling.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was in the same position last week. I was scrounging around for a one-day ressie somewhere else, looking at renting points, considering not adding the day. Then I called to add our DP and check for a PIN (no luck, sadly, and now looking impossible), and they had a LM room available for that extra day, just a day after I'd called the first time. Now that FD is out and excludes LM, there's sure to be a cancelation. Just keep calling.

Thanks for the ecouragement! I'll keep looking. I'll be checking the site throughout the day for a while. Can I assume that if a room is available, it will show online?

mom2rtk said:
Thanks for the ecouragement! I'll keep looking. I'll be checking the site throughout the day for a while. Can I assume that if a room is available, it will show online?

My guess is it should, but the CMs have left me with the impression that they may have access to availability than we do online. I could be wrong about that, though. But since you have to call to alter a reservation, I figured calling was just as good.

Most likely not, they aren't usually bookable until about a month after the new dates are released.

I did call this morning and I was able to rebook with a AAA discount. For a 2 night stay in a LM room (February, President's week) I was paying $359.99 and I cut my cost down to a whopping $334! :rotfl: Atleast it's something !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter