Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Frequently Asked Questions (slight update 5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that there are no more deluxe rooms because of the DVC conversion.
I checked the WDW website to confirm this. WE are booked in a deluxe concierge room for Oct 2007 but if they are not going to be there what happens to our reservation? I called WDTC and he AKL nobody seems to know the answer.

Concierge rooms used to be Deluxe Kilamanjaro with either savanna or pool view. (not guaranteed)

My best guess is that Standard Kilamanjaro rooms are standard rooms (a little smaller than deluxe and on lower floors) - with again, either pool or savanna views.

IWISHFORDISNEY said:
Anyone get to see the new DVC rooms yet??
They have not yet begun construction on the model yet I don't think. From what I understand, that will start after the first of the year.

There seems to be a resounding silence on this board since the end of last year. I hope that doesn't mean that there is dissatisfaction with the resort. We just booked a savanna view room 5/18-5/26 and I'd like some reassurance we made the right move.

There seems to be a resounding silence on this board since the end of last year. I hope that doesn't mean that there is dissatisfaction with the resort. We just booked a savanna view room 5/18-5/26 and I'd like some reassurance we made the right move.

OH NO, NO, NO!!! I think we are all still pretty enamoured with the resort. Let's put it this way, I live about 10 minutes from AKL, and we are staying for two nights during my son's Easter break, just to get to be able to stay there! We picked there and nowhere else on Disney property, and we can't wait. So, hakuna matata to you, my friend! Come and enjoy!

By the way, I see you are from Western New York...my "other half" grew up in Batavia, now runs several businesses in and around the Salamanca area. He can't wait to get out of there this weekend. He is just so sick of shoveling!

Thank you BensMom for the reassurance. I wasn't sure if the silence was contentment or that people had abandoned the resort all together. I created another post asking people to reassure me and people were so complimentary so I knew all was not lost. But your note makes me very, very, very happy. :cool1: I told my daughter we're staying at Simbas resort.

I'm in Henrietta about a half hour from Batavia and I'm right with your other half - enough with the snow already! I love the Pontillos in Batavia it's the best pizza parlor/family restaurant in the area. I'm sure your other half knows all about it and hopefully agrees.

Again, thanks for the reassurance I'm feeling mighty fine about my vacation now.

Thank you BensMom for the reassurance. I wasn't sure if the silence was contentment or that people had abandoned the resort all together. I created another post asking people to reassure me and people were so complimentary so I knew all was not lost. But your note makes me very, very, very happy. :cool1: I told my daughter we're staying at Simbas resort.

I'm in Henrietta about a half hour from Batavia and I'm right with your other half - enough with the snow already! I love the Pontillos in Batavia it's the best pizza parlor/family restaurant in the area. I'm sure your other half knows all about it and hopefully agrees.

Again, thanks for the reassurance I'm feeling mighty fine about my vacation now.

Well, I don't know how old your daughter is, but Ben LOVES Simba's! We oftentimes put him in Simba's at his request, and then we have to find something to do! Hysterical. Anyway, I almost split a gut when you mentioned Pontillo's! My fiance used to work there in high school! I grew up in the Boston area, but I have been getting to know WNY since meeting him. He has been renting a cottage on Lime Lake in Machias, and it's so nice to get out of the Central Florida heat in the midst of summer. Quite a different lifestyle as well.

Anyway, I think your inference to us being silent, or even perhaps nit picky, is the fact that we all have gotten so accustomed to AKL as "home," we seem to put it under the microscope and want to examine everything about the Lodge! Really, it is still by far our favorite resort. We are DVC members, and we cannot wait for Disney to build the villas there, which are underway.

The savannah rooms are the way to go. My son is so excited about the bunkbeds.

I just think much of the AKL discussion has moved here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=752192

Oh! That's good to know. I always come to this particular thread because it's a sticky on the resorts page. Maybe they need to update that link.

BensMom, it certainly is a small world. Maybe when you're up here you'll have to hook-up with the Disney group I'm a member of. Mostly everyone is DVC members (but not us but we will be joining in '09) and a great group of folks.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Oh! That's good to know. I always come to this particular thread because it's a sticky on the resorts page. Maybe they need to update that link.

BensMom, it certainly is a small world. Maybe when you're up here you'll have to hook-up with the Disney group I'm a member of. Mostly everyone is DVC members (but not us but we will be joining in '09) and a great group of folks.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Yes, I subscribe to the other thread as well, and, to be honest, the only way I remember is the other post has over 7,400 posts!

I had no idea there was a little WNY DVC club! Well, I always joke...part of the reason I love my other half is he has 900 DVC points! I always used to say, "Yuk, timeshares...for those who can't afford REAL estate." Well, I was wrong...DVC is most impressive! I highly recommend it.

I had no idea there was a little WNY DVC club! Well, I always joke...part of the reason I love my other half is he has 900 DVC points!

OMG! 900 POINTS! :faint: Some good friends of ours have 500 points and we always laugh at how much that is but that they always manage to use them. I can't even imagine having 900. You're my idol.

OMG! 900 POINTS! :faint: Some good friends of ours have 500 points and we always laugh at how much that is but that they always manage to use them. I can't even imagine having 900. You're my idol.

Well, I had no clue what I was getting myself into. When we first started seeing each other (he commutes from BUF almost every weekend) he would like book us into one-bedroom suites. I kept thinking, "OMG, this has gotta be a few hundred a night!" So, I got pretty spoiled! Heck, I'm used to the Super 8 on 192! I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when I was getting the Florida resident rate at AKL for $109 a night (those days...long gone). But it's pretty neat. Don't idolize me...they're not my points! LOL DB did play golf with some guy who had an outrageous amount of points, seriously, like 2,000 or something! We figured out yesterday to stay at AKL for the entire winter, we'd need like 5,600 more points, which translated into over $500,000 in expenditures for the points, never mind the yearly maintenance fees. Yikes. We'll keep our house in Celebration, thank you!

That is too funny. Well, you're lucky you found a guy that you enjoy AND he likes Disney as much as you do. I've been converting DH for the past 6 years but I think I finally got him to admit he LOVES it in 2005. Next step, DVC!

That is too funny. Well, you're lucky you found a guy that you enjoy AND he likes Disney as much as you do. I've been converting DH for the past 6 years but I think I finally got him to admit he LOVES it in 2005. Next step, DVC!

Well, ironically, he and I met at Disney. I lived in South Florida and kept coming up and coming up, looking for real estate, etc. It was almost like a pilgrimage!! It just all fell into place. Kinda neat.

If you ever want to discuss, from an actual member standpoint, keep us in mind, although it sounds like you have lots of DVC members in your court already!

Lots of reassurance here! AKL is a beautiful resort. From what I have read on the boards any construction connected with the new AKL/DVC has had very little impact on resort guests. Enjoy your trip to the Lodge! I wish I was going soon.

Disney announced today a HUGE project to build houses and mixed use development on the sites of Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines golf courses in partnership with the Four Seasons. Disney is truly on a roll.

We are splurging and staying at three deluxe hotels - all concierege level.

Boardwalk Inn - September 27 - 29, 2007

Animal Kingdom Lodge - September 29 - October 1, 2007

Polynesian Resort - October 1 - 6, 2007

This is our fifth trip to Disney and we are really excited. We have only stayed at value and moderates before this trip.:cool1: :cool1:

I've seen pics of the King rooms and my ??? is about the daybeds. Just how big ARE they? We're wondering if our DS who is about 5' 8" can sleep on it.

How about the Bunkbeds? Will a teenager be comfortable on the bunk beds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter