Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a little over 2 weeks we will be at AKL!!!! We have only stayed at CBR before this. There you could buy snacks (chips, drinks) in the gift shop. Can you do that at AKL? And if so, does anyone know if they sell tortilla chips? (My DD loves tortilla chips but we don't have enough items we need for a grocery order and will be taking ME from airport.)
All the resorts have items to purchase in the shops. The hotels with DVC sections have even MORE stuff to stock the kitchens in the villas.

I want to say I have seen chips at every resort I have been at.

In a little over 2 weeks we will be at AKL!!!! We have only stayed at CBR before this. There you could buy snacks (chips, drinks) in the gift shop. Can you do that at AKL? And if so, does anyone know if they sell tortilla chips? (My DD loves tortilla chips but we don't have enough items we need for a grocery order and will be taking ME from airport.)
We bought a bag of Tostitos Scoops at AKL last week.

Just read a review on TripAdvisor that said the buses back at night can take upwards of 45 min as you have to transfer?! Is this true, or can someone elaborate on specifics? TIA!

Just read a review on TripAdvisor that said the buses back at night can take upwards of 45 min as you have to transfer?! Is this true, or can someone elaborate on specifics? TIA!
If you are coming straight from a park to any resort, there should be no need to transfer. The only transfer I am aware of is water parks - I believe after a certain time, you go to Disney Springs, then catch a resort bus.

Definately no need to transfer busses from the parks to the resort. When coming from the magic kingdom, we had our own bus. We shared with kidani for the other 3 parks and they dropped at kidani first. For going to the parks, we only shared when going to AK.

I was worried about the busses based on some reviews, but I was very impressed once there. We never waited more then 15 minutes for a bus. There were a couple times that we had a huge line and a second bus would pull up before the first was done loading.

phew! :) thank you! First trip with 2 kids and the double stroller so the thought of transferring made me want to cry! Getting so excited, we've been showing DD videos of the savanna, hopefully we see some good animals!

phew! :) thank you! First trip with 2 kids and the double stroller so the thought of transferring made me want to cry! Getting so excited, we've been showing DD videos of the savanna, hopefully we see some good animals!

I was so nervous to have two kids and a double stroller, but it was never an issue and there were other families on the bus with strollers too. The busses are wide so there was plenty of room even with a packed bus.

Enjoy the savannah! We loved to see the animals outside. The resort is just beautiful. We got back yesterday and I miss it!

Just checked into a 1BR Villa at Kidani Village. Was shocked to get the room ready text mere minutes after our plan landed this morning at 8:20AM. This room is enormous, I didn't realize how big it will be, especially for just 2 people.

Where you able to get a refurbished room? I was just wondering how the progress with that is going. Have an amazing time!!

Is turn down service available for everyone, or just concierge guests?

Where you able to get a refurbished room? I was just wondering how the progress with that is going. Have an amazing time!!

What constitutes a refurbished room? I haven't stayed at the DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I don't know what to look for difference wise.

What constitutes a refurbished room? I haven't stayed at the DVC at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I don't know what to look for difference wise.
Right now they are doing a soft goods refurb so it's new lighter colored carpet, paint is a lighter color. I will look for a picture of the refurb at Jambo House. They should have sections of rooms closed off for the work.

Right now they are doing a soft goods refurb so it's new lighter colored carpet, paint is a lighter color. I will look for a picture of the refurb at Jambo House. They should have sections of rooms closed off for the work.
The paint was a light egg shell color. I suppose that's a redone room I swore they were yellow before. Carpet looked different compared to pictures I looked up

The paint was a light egg shell color. I suppose that's a redone room I swore they were yellow before. Carpet looked different compared to pictures I looked up
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer I appreciate it. Sounds like you got a new room so that's awesome.

Do you mind me asking what section that might be. My son is in a wheelchair and I have made some requests hoping they are even available.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer I appreciate it. Sounds like you got a new room so that's awesome.

Do you mind me asking what section that might be. My son is in a wheelchair and I have made some requests hoping they are even available.

We were 5th floor, room 7529.

Checking in I think we only requested a high floor. It was a standard view, but still very nice.

We are considering doing online check in for our stay in December. Anyone have any experience either way and would or would not recommend? We are doing a split stay... first five nights at Kidani and then going to SSR. We were thinking of doing online check in for SSR because we will be at the MK on the day of our move. But still wavering on what to do for the first part. Our flight arrives at 2:15 pm and we are using ME in case any of that would make a difference

We are considering doing online check in for our stay in December. Anyone have any experience either way and would or would not recommend? We are doing a split stay... first five nights at Kidani and then going to SSR. We were thinking of doing online check in for SSR because we will be at the MK on the day of our move. But still wavering on what to do for the first part. Our flight arrives at 2:15 pm and we are using ME in case any of that would make a difference
I always do online check in. I like to stop by the front desk before entering the room to be sure I like the location and to be sure the CC on file is listed for charging. I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of online check in and "not having to stop at the front desk" before entering your room. I always stop at the front desk of the second resort to be sure the first checked us out as that can interfere with charging privileges. I hope this helps.

So for our trip we started with a 1 BR Villa Standard View at Kidani for the first couple nights, and then down to a Deluxe Studio Savannah View staying at Kidani. The studio view is pretty meh. It's on the backside of the savannah so it doesn't face out towards the other buildings. We can see Expedition Everest from the balcony though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter