Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at AKL 11/20-11/26, Arusha View. SO EXCITED!!! Anyone know where these rooms are located? I am trying to determine if there are any room requests I should make.

...you could go with Zebra Trail....OR Kudu Trail....either would work....

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

October
rhardy1206, 8th – 17th, Grand Villa
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
AliceandAriel, 25th – Nov 1st, AKV Kidani
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
Shakes, 26th – Nov 1st, AKL
Disney Mom12, 26th – Nov 4th, AKL CL
Teriandcb, 27th – 31st, AKL
Kimmar067, 28th , Mystic Dunes, AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani

November
Tarcc, Oct 25th - 8th, AKL
Disney Mom12, Oct 26th – 4th, AKL CL
Kimmar067, Oct 29th – 2nd, AKL
PNO4TE, Oct 31st – 2nd, Kidani
DizDaD7, 1st – 8th, AKV
YoYoAurora, 1st – 8th, AKL CL
PNO4TE, 2nd – 8th, BWV
RachelTori, 2nd – 8th, BWV
John's Mom, 4th -6th, Port Orleans – Riverside
Grandma Rainbow, 5th – 9th, AKL
LMO429, 5th – 9th, Kidani Village
MomofDisneyLoversx3, 6th – 10th, Poly CL
Yoshiandi, 9th -14th, AKL
disney meema, 9th – 19th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 10th – 13th, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Xclusive2WDW, 11th -16th, AKL
Disney9.9.10, 12th – 19th, Kidani Village
anjalee6, 13th – 16th, AKL CL
dolphingirl47, 13th – 23rd, Aulani
wdwagain518, 20th – 24th, AKL
JEAhrtWDW, 20th – 26th, Arusha View
Traceylee, 20th – 29th, AKL
RapunzelsGoodMom, 22nd – 27th, AKV Kidani
Mevelandry, 23rd, AKL
saysib, 28th-Dec 12th, AKL

December
saysib, Nov 28th-12th, AKL
Miranda, 2nd – 8th, AKL
jce2, 3rd – 10th, AKL
Cincystamper, 3rd – 14th, AKL
Emilyclaire, 4th – 10th, AKL
ItsOnlyMoney, 4th – 13th, AKL
Andrea464, 5th – 9th, AKL
Abbydancer, 6th – 15th, Kidani
DevonsDisneyMom, 7th-12th, AKL
disney2014plan, 10th -14th, AKL
tiggrbaby, 11th – 14th, POP
Cruzergirl, 14th – 22nd, Jambo House
jcjen519, 14th – 23rd, AKV CL
krismanda, 16th – 23rd, AKL
RachelTori, 20th – 26th, BCV
Courtneybeth, 21st – 27th, AKV

January
Sndral, 1st – 11th, AKL
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL
Ted in Halifax, 17th – Feb 2nd, AKL
ssmurphy28, 21st – 31st, AKL
suemom2kay, 24th –31st, Kidani

February
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon
Sherrkel, 19th – 28th, AKL
Jeniie, 25th – Mar 10th, AKL Jambo

March
Jeniie, Feb 25th – 10th, AKL Jambo
Srauchbauer, 4th – 9th, AKL

April
Franandaj, 13th – 20th, VWL
Franandaj, 20th – 24th, DCL

May
DgBg100106, 5th -8th, BCV (Flower and Garden)
ThisIsJason, 5th – 11th, Kidani
Dolphingirl47, 11th – 14th, BCV

June
ChgoMusicGirl, 8th – 13th, Jambo House
think-like-tink, 15th – 25th, AKL

July
Denamac, 20th -26th , Jambo CL

August
Ebonyeyes, 10th – 21st, AKV Kidani
NatalieMT, 24th – Sep 1st, AKL

September

October
LJSquishy, 21st – 30th, AKL

November

December

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2014

If you have any updates please let me know...

October
rhardy1206, 8th – 17th, Grand Villa
Rarity, 25th – Nov 1st, Jambo House
AliceandAriel, 25th – Nov 1st, AKV Kidani
Tarcc, 25th - Nov 8th, AKL
Weswife, 26th – 31st, AKL
Shakes, 26th – Nov 1st, AKL
Disney Mom12, 26th – Nov 4th, AKL CL
Teriandcb, 27th – 31st, AKL
Kimmar067, 28th , Mystic Dunes, AKL
PNO4TE, 31st – Nov 2nd, Kidani

:hyper: :cool1:

SO CLOSE. I can't believe it's only 10 days until I get to see the Mouse and all the beauty down there again! Moments like this make me both incredibly excited and incredibly freaked out. :rotfl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
Hey kimmar! (Or anyone who knows this.)

I rented DVC points for my room in Kidani. It's now 20 days until my trip (AHHHHHH! I AM NOT READY) and I wanted to know, should I do online check-in? Any pros/cons?

When I did the room requests, I think I asked for a high floor room, that may have been it. I know they say to request one closer to the elevators, but I'm okay with walking. I'm young, I'll function well as long as I don't sprint all over the place and pull a muscle like I did last trip.

Would the online check-in give me a room earlier? (I doubt it, right?) I'm getting in at 8AM, so I figured I would just go to the parks straight from the airport, and have the DME take my tagged luggage to AKV.

Yes, no? I'm confused, help?
Bump?Bump?

I don't think online check-in will give you a room earlier as the room assignor assigns all rooms a few days before arrival. Online check in is designed to make the process shorter once you're there. What will get you a room earlier is if they happen to have a room available in your view category. This has happened to us when we were willing to change a request in order to get in the room early.

You mentioned going straight from the airport to the parks. How will you do that? Are you renting a car or taking a car service? Magical Express will only go from airport to your hotel.

Have a great time!

I don't think online check-in will give you a room earlier as the room assignor assigns all rooms a few days before arrival. Online check in is designed to make the process shorter once you're there. What will get you a room earlier is if they happen to have a room available in your view category. This has happened to us when we were willing to change a request in order to get in the room early. You mentioned going straight from the airport to the parks. How will you do that? Are you renting a car or taking a car service? Magical Express will only go from airport to your hotel. Have a great time!

I'm not sure this is correct. I just did my online check in for AKL and POR (split stay) and both online check in screens give you the option to check a box at the bottom of your requests that allows you to request early check in if you are okay with that trumping all your other selected requests.

I'm not sure this is correct. I just did my online check in for AKL and POR (split stay) and both online check in screens give you the option to check a box at the bottom of your requests that allows you to request early check in if you are okay with that trumping all your other selected requests.

That just means that when you arrive, they will give you one of those rooms if they are available.

Advanced online check-in does not get a room sooner or reserve you a specific room.

That just means that when you arrive, they will give you one of those rooms if they are available. Advanced online check-in does not get a room sooner or reserve you a specific room.

Appears we're saying the same thing. The implication (of course) is that you will get a room sooner (having checked that box) assuming they have a room in the category you booked ready:)
Here's to saying the same things different ways:)

SO CLOSE. I can't believe it's only 10 days until I get to see the Mouse and all the beauty down there again! Moments like this make me both incredibly excited and incredibly freaked out. :rotfl:

....I know EXACTLY what you mean!

.....You mentioned going straight from the airport to the parks. How will you do that? Are you renting a car or taking a car service? Magical Express will only go from airport to your hotel.

Have a great time!

.....wellllllll, technically, you could get off ONE bus and hop onto another....;) [ :teeth: ]

That just means that when you arrive, they will give you one of those rooms if they are available.

Advanced online check-in does not get a room sooner or reserve you a specific room.

Appears we're saying the same thing. The implication (of course) is that you will get a room sooner (having checked that box) assuming they have a room in the category you booked ready:)
Here's to saying the same things different ways:)

....which is why I don't bother with on-line check-in.....:teeth:

We will be there on November 9th.

Quick question, did the online check in but there was no place to request a crib or pack and play...do I wait until I get there or call?

We will be there on November 9th.

Quick question, did the online check in but there was no place to request a crib or pack and play...do I wait until I get there or call?

....for piece-of-mind, I would call ahead....:goodvibes

I'll be arriving at AKL on the the 21st. :cool1:

I wasn't able to find this information anywhere, but you guys know what type of coffeemaker they have in standard rooms? My mother and I drink lots of coffee so we'll need to bring extra ammo. :p

I'll be arriving at AKL on the the 21st. :cool1:

I wasn't able to find this information anywhere, but you guys know what type of coffeemaker they have in standard rooms? My mother and I drink lots of coffee so we'll need to bring extra ammo. :p

...I don't know the answer to that specific question, but it was definitely posted on the previous thread....do you need a link?

I finally contacted the AKL IPO, our trip is less than 7 months away now, so I thought it was time to make first contact :)

Someone on the boards told me that the CL safaris are stopping in December, but when I got my IPO planner document it has the safari's in them.

I even mentioned in my e-mail that we were interested in them and she didn't say anything about them stopping...

:confused: Can someone clarify this? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter