Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do! This is our first time so I wouldn't know if our room has been updated or not - it looks like all the pictures I have seen so that makes me think it hasn't been. We arrived shortly before midnight after some flight delays so all was quiet last night. Will let you all know if we see any progress anywhere. We are on 3rd floor in the section right next to the lobby on the side closer to Jambo.

Oh, golly, that's disappointing to hear. It's a very expensive experience altogether, so no one should leave hungry. Yes, at our meal there definitely seemed to be enough to go around. I know my husband and I both got enough of what we liked, and the people we sat closest to remarked how stuffed they felt as well. I guess it must depend on how hungry the group is, and how adventurous their palette's are? There were leftovers in at least half the bowls/platters that went back to the kitchen at the end of our meal, which makes me think there was enough for all. And despite the fact that the food wasn't entirely to my taste I still left the meal feeling satisfied, just not gluttonous. You know that feeling you sometimes get when you don't even want to stand up and walk to your car after a huge meal? We didn't have that going on. But we certainly weren't ringing room service afterwards either. It was just right. In my experience I feel confident saying there was plenty of food for the group. Everything was presented so beautifully as well, and with the chef coming out to describe the components of each course, and with our waitress presenting each wine pairing, it was a great dinner experience. I would definitely recommend trying it at least once, if not only for a tasting of what Jiko has to offer, but for the Safari itself which was the best part! Also, this being such a premium Disney experience, I'm sure if you ran out of something that you wanted more of, they would be glad to fetch it. In fact, I believe I read that when I was researching reviews for this event myself. I remember reading that seconds were happily provided, I just don't think that came up with my group.

I would second this - completely in line with our experience!

Will do! This is our first time so I wouldn't know if our room has been updated or not - it looks like all the pictures I have seen so that makes me think it hasn't been. We arrived shortly before midnight after some flight delays so all was quiet last night. Will let you all know if we see any progress anywhere. We are on 3rd floor in the section right next to the lobby on the side closer to Jambo.

This is the previous decor.
kidani-deluxe-studio-standard-view.jpg

Wow I have been trying to read all these posts. 236 pages of posts. We changed from AOA Lion king to AKL standard view. I requested the queen/bunk room. My kids are definitely too old to sleep with each other. How many of the standard view have the bunks? When it comes closer to check in what requests should I make? We would love to be closer to the pool.

Hmmm...maybe our room has been redone then...our walls are white and the curtains are different as is the runner at the end of our bed....I will take some pics and post at some point - we've been busy!

What is behind your headboard of the bed?

Last edited:
Wow I have been trying to read all these posts. 236 pages of posts. We changed from AOA Lion king to AKL standard view. I requested the queen/bunk room. My kids are definitely too old to sleep with each other. How many of the standard view have the bunks? When it comes closer to check in what requests should I make? We would love to be closer to the pool.

Yes we are only 38 days away from check-in and we are still trying to figure out the best rooms / areas to request for a standard view.
Normally when we checked into the Wilderness Lodge we sent them a fax 4 or 5 days before our arrival to request a "bear face room"
or second choice a higher room overlooking the pool area. ( this was not a standard view request )

Our family would like to be near the pool area and on a higher floor area but since this is our first time staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge
we would like to get some opinions on what rooms / resort areas we can request. Thank you for all your help!! pixiedust:

Hi everyone :wave: Joining in the conversation. We have been reading this thread for three months. DH and I and our two sons age 1.5 and almost 4 will be staying at AKL 11/26-12/1. We were originally booked in a standard view at Jambo house and then a Deluxe Studio popped up for cheaper. This past week a Savanna view popped up for more than the Deluxe Studio but less than the original standard view so we booked that.

AKL is something totally different for us. Before DH and I were married, I stayed at OKW, Yacht Club and BWI a few time each and the cabins once. Last year we stayed at SOG and really enjoyed ourselves. This year we wanted something completely different so booked at AKL.

I'm assuming that there are "bad" savanna views. Is there some request I can put to make sure we don't get one of them? I don't want the best view but something our son will enjoy.

Oh, golly, that's disappointing to hear. It's a very expensive experience altogether, so no one should leave hungry. Yes, at our meal there definitely seemed to be enough to go around. I know my husband and I both got enough of what we liked, and the people we sat closest to remarked how stuffed they felt as well. I guess it must depend on how hungry the group is, and how adventurous their palette's are? There were leftovers in at least half the bowls/platters that went back to the kitchen at the end of our meal, which makes me think there was enough for all. And despite the fact that the food wasn't entirely to my taste I still left the meal feeling satisfied, just not gluttonous. You know that feeling you sometimes get when you don't even want to stand up and walk to your car after a huge meal? We didn't have that going on. But we certainly weren't ringing room service afterwards either. It was just right. In my experience I feel confident saying there was plenty of food for the group. Everything was presented so beautifully as well, and with the chef coming out to describe the components of each course, and with our waitress presenting each wine pairing, it was a great dinner experience. I would definitely recommend trying it at least once, if not only for a tasting of what Jiko has to offer, but for the Safari itself which was the best part! Also, this being such a premium Disney experience, I'm sure if you ran out of something that you wanted more of, they would be glad to fetch it. In fact, I believe I read that when I was researching reviews for this event myself. I remember reading that seconds were happily provided, I just don't think that came up with my group.

Thank you so very much! I think I am sold on it. This will be our last Disney trip for several years as we have international travel planned for 2018 and 2019.

This isn't the best quality picture because of the way the light is coming in the room - and I used my cell phone -- and don't mind the bed as that was as "made" as it was going to get this morning!

Whoa, that is different.. is that a normal room or DVC? Thanks for sharing!

Nothing?!

Are you in a one bedroom? The one bedrooms don't have anything behind the bed. But since you have the different wall color, I would say your room has been rehabbed. It was just a soft rehab so only soft goods and wall paint I think.

Are you in a one bedroom? The one bedrooms don't have anything behind the bed. But since you have the different wall color, I would say your room has been rehabbed. It was just a soft rehab so only soft goods and wall paint I think.

Yes we are in a 1-bedroom at Kidani. I'm assuming since we have white paint on the walls our room has been rehabbed. It's our first time here so nothing to compare it to!

I'm assuming that there are "bad" savanna views. Is there some request I can put to make sure we don't get one of them? I don't want the best view but something our son will enjoy.

Hi there! We just returned from AKL (our first time staying onsite). We had booked a Savanna view room and I requested "near the lobby" and I think "lower floor." We loved our room, Room 3270 on the Kudu Trail. It was on the same floor as the lobby, but a bit of walk - 2 long hallways. It didn't bother us, but we definitely made sure we had everything we needed before heading to meals or to the pool - running back to the room would have taken too long. We had an amazing view, any time of the day. My seven year old loved it. A constant parade of animals including giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, antelope and various exotic birds frequented the small watering hole directly across from our balcony. I will try to figure out how to post a photo soon!

Hope you love AKL as much as we did!

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko…The Cooking Place is, hands-down, one of the most romantic and delicious restaurants on Disney World property. We can highly recommend this one if you enjoy excellent, gourmet food and a quiet, low-light atmosphere.

Sharing tastes of Africa with a special Jiko flourish, this restaurant doesn’t offer a great view or any characters, but it does offer beautiful food — and the savanna is right outside…

Two new Flatbreads are listed under Appetizers at Jiko: an Heirloom Tomato Flatbread and a Mozambican Chicken Flatbread. (YAY for flatbreads returning to the menu!)

jiko-sign-600x301.jpg

Under Entrees, the Oak-grilled Dibi Rack of Lamb has replaced the Lamb Shank, and Peri Peri Green Circle Chickenreplaced the Harissa Chicken.

Jiko-menu-September-2016-423x600.jpg

Just got back from a split stay (4 nights at the Polynesian, deluxe studio then 3 nights standard view room at Jambo House). I didn't really want to change from the Poly...it was my birthday trip and I'm not a huge fan of AK park. DS has always wanted to stay here, and after buying a vacation house this summer, we were trying to cut costs.....so when a standard view became available here on Orbitz and with extra 15% promo code and some orbucks I had, we got 3 nights for 1/3 of the cost of 4 nights at the Poly. Upon checkin we were silently upgraded to a Savanna view on 4th floor .....realized this after we got to the room. Between the amazing surprise view and all the activities in the lobby,etc (we also took a slower paced trip this time) I was sold. Still not a fan of it being so far out from everything else, but we drove so having our car helped with a couple ADRs at other resorts. I told DH I could see doing a non-parks trip to AKL, even with DS because there was so much for him to do--African drumming, crafts, trading with King Pin. I still loved the Poly but the 3 nights at AKL that I was dreading turned out to be amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter