Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting down the days until our trip...07/16-07/23! So excited to be staying at AKL for the first time. We have booked a pool view room. Any suggestions for room requests? Tia.

How would you get from Kidani to Jambo and vice versa? I'm thinking about going to Sanaa for lunch on arrival day but not sure how to get to and from Jambo. :) TIA!!

Booked for a standard room 11/26 - 12/3. Really excited for our first "longer" trip (we usually only do 5 days) and our first stay at a Deluxe. Surprising the kids with this trip, planning to reveal once we toss them in the car at 5am!
November

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Blended Disney, 20th - 26th, Kidani

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

BethanyLynnFit, 26th - Dec 3rd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

Lylone, 28th - Dec 2nd, AKL

I just changed our reservation back to AKL! we were there originally but switched to POFQ to save money. I've been hemming and hawing for the past few days about how unhappy I might be and finally decided to switch back. We check in on Wednesday and I'm so excited! We'll be there 6/22 to 6/30. I'm a bit nervous about the room because I went to do online check in and it says that I previously selected room ready early over requests. I didn't select that and won't be arriving until 2:30 in the afternoon anyway so I don't really think that's relevant? So weird. I guess I can always go to the desk and ask to be moved once we get there.
June

huey578, 11th-18th, kidani

Ipuffyheartdisney, 11th - 18th, AKL Kidani

ZOOMAMA, 11th - 18th, AKL

RBLWMN, 13th - 17th, Kidani

Dbktmc, 15th - 25th, AKL

Minnesota!, 19th - 25th, AKL

SRiley, 22nd - 30th, AKL

Debelfish, 23rd - 30th, AKL

Counting down the days until our trip...07/16-07/23! So excited to be staying at AKL for the first time. We have booked a pool view room. Any suggestions for room requests? Tia.
July

LSG85, July 9th -16th, Kidani

Weaves18, 10th - 16th, AKL

DisneyMamato4, 16th - 22nd, AKL

Mickeymomtx, 16th - 22nd, AKL

Wzwild, 16th - 23rd, AKL

Twinmom2002, 21st - 28th, AKL

LvsTnk, 24th-29th, AKL

How would you get from Kidani to Jambo and vice versa? I'm thinking about going to Sanaa for lunch on arrival day but not sure how to get to and from Jambo. :) TIA!!
it is a 10 -15 minute walk, or you can hop on the DTD bus (Jambo to Kidani), hop on any park bus (Kidani to Jambo) or there is a van that runs between the two resorts.

it is a 10 -15 minute walk, or you can hop on the DTD bus (Jambo to Kidani), hop on any park bus (Kidani to Jambo) or there is a van that runs between the two resorts.
Thanks! Is it easy to walk there with a stroller? Would there be signs on how to get there? Thanks again! :)

We are booked from 9/28 - 10/5 and then over to Universal. Looking forward to our first stay at AKL!!

I LOVE room 3010.. It is lobby level, so no elevators when you come off the bus and there is an elevator that is right near by to go to the pool.

We will be there the 15-17th

We returned Saturday from our 7-night stay in a pool view room at AKL. I requested upper floor, near elevator. Our room, 4434 (Zebra Trail), had an amazing view of the pool and was only two doors down from the elevator leading to the laundry room, Simba's clubhouse, the arcade, pool, and the Mara.

We are booked for AKL Nov 26th to Dec 10th. Its our 2nd stay there and a surprise for the kids. So excited to go again x
November

TeeterTots, 4th - 7th, AKV CL

DizDaD7, 4th - 12th, AKL

Dkrauss, 6th - 12th, Jambo House

Lovetotraveltx, 13th - 19th, AKL CL

Blended Disney, 20th - 26th, Kidani

Henry72, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

Smec73, 26th - Dec 2nd, AKL

BethanyLynnFit, 26th - Dec 3rd, AKL

Mickeyheart, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL CL

Saysib, 26th - Dec 10th, AKL

MemphisVanessa, 28th to Dec 5th, AKL

Lylone, 28th - Dec 2nd, AKL

We are booked from 9/28 - 10/5 and then over to Universal. Looking forward to our first stay at AKL!!
September

Grooovertoo, Aug 31st - 10th, Jambo House

Laneybelle, 1st - 5th, AKL

Publix subs, 15th - 19th, AKL

Dreamseeker9, 17th - 20th, AKL

Mm. Leota, 17th - 24th, AKL

BanditsMommy, 18th - 25th, AKL

berryinDC, 19th - 23rd, AKL

PNO4TE, 23rd - 26th, F&W BWV

Brnrss34, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL

YoYoAurora, 24th - Oct 1st, AKL CL

RachelTori, 24th - Oct 1st, GF and BWI

Nicolebridget22, 24th - 8th, AKL

AmyA, 28th - Oct 5th, AKL

Super excited to have extended our stay at akl to 16 nights 26th Oct till 11th Nov. We are staying in a standard view room, but heard there are lots of places my three girls can see the animals, is that right?
Also does anyone know how many standard view rooms have the queen and bunk bed configuration, as that's what we've requested but know it's not guaranteed so just wondering what our chances are :). Can't wait 125 days till we will be travelling to our happiest place on earth.

Super excited to have extended our stay at akl to 16 nights 26th Oct till 11th Nov. We are staying in a standard view room, but heard there are lots of places my three girls can see the animals, is that right?
Also does anyone know how many standard view rooms have the queen and bunk bed configuration, as that's what we've requested but know it's not guaranteed so just wondering what our chances are :). Can't wait 125 days till we will be travelling to our happiest place on earth.

Yes, there are several places around the resort that you can see the animals. Arusha Rock off the main lobby at Jambo House is a very good place to see them up close.

I can't wait to get back here. I love AKV/L but sad to say it's been a while since we were there. Hopefully summer of 2017.

No fax. On Disney I think I checked near Lobby and kudzu trail (I think that's what it was). For preferences and we have been thrilled with the room. We have zebras and giraffes every day. Really cool.
@momof2cuties - did you fax in a particular request before you arrived? Booked a standard room for Oct 24-30 and would love a great room with view of animals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter