• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

anyone have an update about the sunscreen?
I would think they would have it for sale in the gift shop.

I'm here this week.

The Coppertone Sport Spray 30, 4 in 1, 5.5oz bottle is $13.99+tax = $15.04. They are not tagged, I didn't ask about the others.

Camera Shop at AK also has Solarcain Aloe spray for sunburn. I don't know the price, I was in there for missing photos today and it caught my eye as I hadn't seen it on property yet this trip.

20230624_214832.jpg

How are the crowds Mike? Resort busy?
Sorry, We flew back on the 26th. Other than one evening during a big rain/thunderstorm, the resort didn't seem crowded. During that storm, the food court was full and actually had lines.

Usually the food court never had lines of more than 1 or 2 people, I don't think more than 7 or 8 tables were ever occupied. The buses always fit everyone waiting (both directions), often with room to spare. No bus was ever "standing room only" (NOTE: we did NOT stay for fireworks at MK, and usually left each park about 30 min before closing).

I went to the pool one day. It was empty. Certainly not what I'd expected in that weather.

In the parks, there felt like a lot of people, but ride wait times were what I'd consider reasonable. Even the few times we saw posted stand-by waits of over 60 min, we never waited more than 45 min. If it was over 60 min we didn't get in the stand-by queue. We did use Genie+ and ILL each day to ride everything we wanted, and still had time for a few stand-bys and a mid afternoon break (Yeah, I never go back to the hotel mid day, but it was too hot/humid, so we did).

Even though we arrived just as morning magic was ending and the park was opening to the public, my son and I used Genie+ and ILL in DHS to get on every ride in one day except Alien Swirling Saucers. We didn't do any shows except Muppets. And we still had time left over! That too was not expected.

We managed to dodge the rain/storms except for one night, heading back to MK just for our ILL on Tron. It started raining while we were on the bus. I didn't have my full pack with me (that had my rain suit and sandals), but I did have a poncho, so my sneakers got wet and became "squeakers" for the next two days. We did have one time that it started to sprinkle as we were in the ILL for Seven Dwarfs, didn't have enough time to get ponchos out and on by the time we got in the building. As soon as we were inside, it poured and lightning hit close enough that they shut the rides down. So we waited inside for about 30 minutes and they were able to start up again.

The last time we stayed we were able to buy a pack of water in the store, are the packs still available?

The last time we stayed we were able to buy a pack of water in the store, are the packs still available?
I wasn't looking for them, but I don't recall seeing any packs of water as I walked through the section of the gift shop with snacks.

They do have individual bottles of course.

Going at the end of next month. Can anyone there or going soon please check the refillable mugs for me? Do they only have the 2 100th anniversary mug designs at the moment? Or do they have other (maybe older?) designs as well? It’s easier if everyone in the group has their own design. A pic would be great or just an idea of colour options.

Going at the end of next month. Can anyone there or going soon please check the refillable mugs for me? Do they only have the 2 100th anniversary mug designs at the moment? Or do they have other (maybe older?) designs as well? It’s easier if everyone in the group has their own design. A pic would be great or just an idea of colour options.
During our June 19-26 trip, they had a rack of the Purple and Silver caps/handles for the 100th mugs. (Picture)

And they have a rack of the other color non-100th mugs (sorry no picture)

20230706_092814.jpg

Do any of the rooms have shower only? I know POP and Movies do but not sure about Music or Sports. I am traveling solo and it sure is hard climbing into a tub for my shower after those grueling park days!

Is there bus service to Winter Summerland even when Blizzard Beach is closed? Is it a direct service?

A few notes from Sports.

Sports and Music are both showing Movies on Sunday nights,but then are "alternating" the rest of the week.

Building 1 is still just sitting there unrefurbed-haven't seen a single Guest staying there.

The old white benches in Stadium Hall have been replaced with some cool furniture.
1690299699928.png

End Zone has some nice entrees these days.
1690299674676.png

1690299745714.png

And you still have to ask WHY!!!!??? at times.
1690299954081.png

End Zone has some nice entrees these days.
View attachment 780252

View attachment 780254
Yes.

The Mojo-Roasted Chicken was amazing! They had a few cooked, but the two times I ordered, I had to wait for them to give me one, but it was worth the wait. It was juicy and tasty.

The Footlong Chili-Cheese dog, while good was too much for me to finish. They also have a BBQ pulled pork sandwich was great too.

Attachments

• 20230624_182928.jpg
    20230624_182928.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 8
I'm here this week.

The Coppertone Sport Spray 30, 4 in 1, 5.5oz bottle is $13.99+tax = $15.04. They are not tagged, I didn't ask about the others.

Camera Shop at AK also has Solarcain Aloe spray for sunburn. I don't know the price, I was in there for missing photos today and it caught my eye as I hadn't seen it on property yet this trip.

View attachment 770848
wow, those little Minnie Mouse crocs for babies are $49.99.

Are the new coolers more suitable for groceries vs. the old mini frig (maybe still in bldg. 1 rooms), or neither of them not consistently cold enough? I think I saw a photo of the beverage coolers at coldest temp of 41 degrees.

A few notes from Sports.

Sports and Music are both showing Movies on Sunday nights,but then are "alternating" the rest of the week.

Building 1 is still just sitting there unrefurbed-haven't seen a single Guest staying there.
We were there last week. North parking lot still has large fenced in construction supply site.

We wander past the windows in #1 both day and night. No people visible. Curtains all the same and never moved. When we looked at night every room had the inner curtain open with the TV on to the welcome channel just like when we arrived in our room. It seems like no guests and no construction happening.

Was very surprised that the hotel seemed so empty. Rarely saw other guests other than in food court, parking lots pretty empty, no CMs wandering, main pool empty, bar empty. Food court glaringly empty no matter what time we came through. Never seen food courts like this.

363055685_660177172835223_1022267763076526120_n.jpg362236626_240201668952522_4541294074011073015_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter