Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Planning our first trip to Sports October 2017. We have stayed POR, CB and POP but thought we would try Sports. Just a few questions.
1. Are the standard rooms very far away? Is it worth the extra money for preferred?
2. In October, do you think we will be sharing buses with the other all stars?
3. Is there anyway to see if large groups of kids will be there the same time? We have encountered dance teams in the past and they were a bit annoying.
Thanks in advance

1. We stayed at a standard room a few weeks ago. We were put in the Hoops 2 building which is one of the furthest out. It still wasn't very far. From looking at the maps of various resorts sports seems to be more compact than most. The location was not an issue.

2. We only shared busses twice on the entire trip. Once was at 7am when we were heading to Epcot for a PPO breakfast. The bus was virtually empty and it added almost nothing to the time. The other was also to Epcot but at 11am when the main morning rush is already past. Other than that we were doing rope drop to close and never shared a bus.

3. We noticed a large influx of football teams on our last full day. It really didn't impact us at all aside from making the food court an it more hectic.

3. Is there anyway to see if large groups of kids will be there the same time? We have encountered dance teams in the past and they were a bit annoying.
Thanks in advance

You can always check the ESPN Wild World of Sports Events calendar: https://www.espnwwos.com/events/#view=calendar
No saying that everyone on this calendar stays as All Star Sports but it should give you a general idea.

Was gonna make a ressie for here, but I guess there are no rooms available for the week of 3/12 ... in fact I've tried numerous times and I see nothing in the values or mods for that week... guess it's offsite again this go around.

Hey there!

We're going back to the World in November and doing a split stay for the first time (renting DVC points for 7 nights, but first three nights will be value resort).

We haven't been to All Star Resorts for the past 5 years (stayed at Pop instead) so I'm wondering : are buses still shared between all three resorts?

Thanks in advance!
I had a great stay at AS Sports last Sept & encountered very little bus sharing. IMO AS Sports was on par with POP for busing. The other AS resorts not as great. I was there for a wk & a half & no bad transpo experiences. If looking at an AS, Sports is by far the best choice for busing. In comparison, I was not happy with busing from AS Music when there a few yrs ago. ps the mods & vets on this thread are incredible. They helped to make my first stay at AS Sports a huge success! If you need info about AS Sports, this is the place to be. Huge thank-you & shout out to all the vets on this thread! :thumbsup2

1. Are the standard rooms very far away? Is it worth the extra money for preferred?
Some standard rooms are much better than others. I was originally placed in either Center Court or Home Run (can't remember now) but asked at check-in for a room in Hoops Bldg 2. It worked out well for me & I was glad I hadn't paid extra for a preferred room. I was in the Hoops wing closest to the little hub so less than a 5 min quick walk to the bus. I was lucky that the Front Desk CM could switch me into a closer bldg and also that my room location was convenient.

Some standard rooms are much better than others. I was originally placed in either Center Court or Home Run (can't remember now) but asked at check-in for a room in Hoops Bldg 2. It worked out well for me & I was glad I hadn't paid extra for a preferred room. I was in the Hoops wing closest to the little hub so less than a 5 min quick walk to the bus. I was lucky that the Front Desk CM could switch me into a closer bldg and also that my room location was convenient.
Thank you

we stayed in Bldg 5, Center Court last November. really liked the location, quiet (not near a pool) and a short walk to the bus/food court

First trip to WDW, I stayed at Poly. My trip this Sept, I'm staying at AS Sports. Being a tennis pro, I hope I get the Center Court area! Probably try requesting it.

Getting excited to try a new resort. Only 2 more sleeps!
Let us know how you like it.
I was really considering trying Sports this time, but ended up booking POP. You never know, I may end up switching. Lol
I was just a bit afraid to try something new.

We love sports! We have stayed at multiple resorts and always seem to end up coming back to sports! For us its the convenience of being a fairly small resort in comparison to others! We spend most of our days in the parks so don't really need much else! Although this trip I may end up in the pool (First time for everything)

I hope everyone enjoys their stays at AS Sports!!

Only 76 days for me now!!!!!!

our niece said that her team won local for the cheerleading competition..its the beginning of May again...last year we were there at the same time they were there..no issues except getting breakfast at the food court before they did..hahaha.. we are going at the end of May this year..am sooooooo ready

We'll be there April 19-27 & requested Surf's UP. Is that preferred only, we are not preferred? Wondering our chances of getting it. Is it noisier in that section too at all?

We've done Football & Baseball so wanted something different.

We'll be there April 19-27 & requested Surf's UP. Is that preferred only, we are not preferred? Wondering our chances of getting it. Is it noisier in that section too at all?

We've done Football & Baseball so wanted something different.
Surfs' Up! and Touchdown! are Preferred-always a chance,but a small one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter