Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Now that the all star resorts are not opening any time soon, will they finish with the renovations?

I am guessing that they will hold off on that for a while.
Do not know for sure but just a guess.

I have a reservation for Sports in early December. Should I wait to see what happens, or should I be calling about it to get moved?

Hezzy04 that is a very interesting question..... I would wait a while and see how things are playing out with COVID and Disney World opening back up. How long you should wait??? That is another good question that I do not have an answer for. I guess I would wait as long as you feel comfortable waiting. How is that for a non answer. lol

Has anyone been to the remodeled McDonald's near All Star Sports yet? Thoughts about it if you have?

I have a reservation for Sports in early December. Should I wait to see what happens, or should I be calling about it to get moved?
I'd call and see what they offer. If you don't like what they offer, just tell them you want to think about it and wait.

Has anyone been to the remodeled McDonald's near All Star Sports yet? Thoughts about it if you have?

I was there waiting for HS studios to open 8/2/20 & only the drive thru was open. No indoor access or bathrooms available. People were trying the bikes (those are outside) & sitting outside.

Anyone else have reservations they are worried about?
Yep. Dec 10-18 at Music. I can't decide on when to call. I'm sure we will be moved to Pop so maybe there isn't a need to call until maybe November. I just don't know.

Fall Package specials just released and All Stars isn’t listed. If you have an AS reservation, you might want to use this deal (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/magic-is-here-vacation-package/) and secure POP since a lot of bookings are taking place today.

Or if you’re a gambling man/woman, maybe wait it out and see if you get bumped to a better resort if POP fills up.
I would definitely wait. Disney has been "upgrading" all resort guests who have been booked with a resort not opening to an open resort. Unless you want to change to a specific resort or if you just like spending more money; just hold out and either your booked resort will come open or you'll be moved free of charge.

I would definitely wait. Disney has been "upgrading" all resort guests who have been booked with a resort not opening to an open resort. Unless you want to change to a specific resort or if you just like spending more money; just hold out and either your booked resort will come open or you'll be moved free of charge.

This was my plan until they offered this discount. I'm now worried there will not be a resort to move us to for 8 nights (Dec 10-18, 2020 still booked at Music).

This was my plan until they offered this discount. I'm now worried there will not be a resort to move us to for 8 nights (Dec 10-18, 2020 still booked at Music).
I can't imagine they wouldn't move you to another resort...I think if they get busy enough, which I highly doubt, to hit capacity at all open resorts; they'll open another one.

You can call now to get switched to a different resort for the same price since your resort wont be opened. We've switched many, latest trip was for Nov. from an All star and ww did that in July and one scheduled for October in the beginning of August. That way you'll know now, won't have to wait or spend more money.

Mid-December is not a busy time for WDW even in normal times. I doubt a discount that's only $25 per night for value resorts will cause them to fill up for your dates; if they do, you might get a free upgrade to a moderate. But if you're really concerned about it, call Disney now and they'll offer to move you (very likely to Pop) with price protection. I assume your currently-booked room rate is less than rooms at Pop with the newly-released discount. If not, ask them to give you a room with the discount and cancel the old reservation.

sah95 you can always give them a call and just see what they say....
see if it is an offer you cant refuse of if you want to wait it out.
No harm in checking...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter