Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Hi AllStar Music fans , my trip coming up in Nov and my first time staying in ASMu. I will be using a scooter is there anything I need to know ahead of trip? I have preferred room is there enough room to bring inside? I assume the preferred room is close to bus and food court. Thanks for any info.

Hi AllStar Music fans , my trip coming up in Nov and my first time staying in ASMu. I will be using a scooter is there anything I need to know ahead of trip? I have preferred room is there enough room to bring inside? I assume the preferred room is close to bus and food court. Thanks for any info.
If you aren't using the table as a bed, there is definitely room to bring it inside. Not sure how it would be with the bed down.

I know most pool hours across the resorts are 10am-11pm, but do we know if there are some "swim at your own risk" pools? I'll be there in a few weeks and am an early riser, so trying to figure out something to do in the morning before heading to the race expo. Thanks!

I haven’t stayed in music since they first opened and haven’t been to Disney since 2019. We booked a preferred room and am wondering what to use as room requests. Also we would buy the small bottled water from the gift shop there were I think 8 bottles. Are they still selling these and what is the price?

We're finally returning to WDW from the UK (can't wait:mickeyjum) and we're staying here in a suite, hoping to get a 3rd floor room in Calypso maybe facing the pool, but how noisy is it if we do? Also is there H20 body lotion in the rooms as I can't see it on blogs and if not will I be able to get some from GS and has anyone noticed the price of bottles of white wine in the gift shop? Thanks

We're finally returning to WDW from the UK (can't wait:mickeyjum) and we're staying here in a suite, hoping to get a 3rd floor room in Calypso maybe facing the pool, but how noisy is it if we do? Also is there H20 body lotion in the rooms as I can't see it on blogs and if not will I be able to get some from GS and has anyone noticed the price of bottles of white wine in the gift shop? Thanks
I can't answer your other 2 questions, but I can tell you that a few months back we were on the 3rd floor in Calypso facing the pool and I was genuinely surprised, the noise wasn't bad at all.

Depending on when your trip is, there may not be H2O products. The company is dissolving, so no more after the new year starts.

Value resorts like Music don't offer body/hand lotion as a toiletry in the room.

So happy that I FINALLY AT LAST made a decision on our next trip!! We'll be at All Stars Music!

Our first trip was 2015, my son was 5 1/2, perfect age! Took husband and MIL and it was a perfect trip full of memories! Stayed at POP which was just great for us (this was before room upgrades and Skyliner!).
Then, randomly, last winter, was chatting with a good friend who goes to Disney all the time. I always say, that sounds so fun, one year I'm going with you. Well, long story, that morphed into a last minute Spring Break trip for me and my son, 12 at the time. Planned in less than 30 days and we had a blast! Stayed at POP again, and enjoyed the upgraded room and skyliner! That was a "This is the only time we're going to do this" trip... <insert laughter>.
Well, wouldn't you know... we decided to do it again! Still just me and my son (13 y.o. now), more planning this time, no park hopper, no Universal, going in January so hopefully no heat stroke either. We're going to do Disney hard and hit so many rides!
But I couldn't decide where to stay! So many choices and I almost picked POP once AGAIN! But the skyliner is going to be down for all but one day of our trip anyway. I figured, just get the great deal and do All Stars. Now, which one? I wanted to do Sports, and if the rooms were all refurbed, maybe I would have. But I didn't want to gamble. Then I even considered Coronado. It was not much more money at all. But we are going to be in our room so little, and may never eat at the resort, save for one breakfast on check out day.
So, we decided to rock out at Music! I did upgrade to the Preferred Room and hope we'll be nice and close to the lobby for busses or the occasional Lyft or Uber.
I've enjoyed reading this forum so thanks to all who post tips and answer questions!

I can't answer your other 2 questions, but I can tell you that a few months back we were on the 3rd floor in Calypso facing the pool and I was genuinely surprised, the noise wasn't bad at all.
Thanks, I'm thinking of building 10 as it looks a little further away from the pool:-)
Depending on when your trip is, there may not be H2O products. The company is dissolving, so no more after the new year starts.
We go on the 17th Nov so not long now:jumping1:
Value resorts like Music don't offer body/hand lotion as a toiletry in the room.
Ah that's a shame, might still ask at GS as you never know, or we are going to call to POFQ for beignets so may ask there:rolleyes1

I’m taking a last minute trip with 2 daughters. They are 9.

1. Is All Star Music safe for a mom (who is a wimp) and 2 little girls? Is there a section that may have better lighting or closer to security?

2. Are the shampoo and conditioner in room bottles affixed to the wall (large bottles) or small travel bottle provided one at a time? (Three girls with long hair use more than a tiny bottle.)

3. Are there microwaves in a standard room?

4. How often does mousekeeping visit the room?

I’m taking a last minute trip with 2 daughters. They are 9.

1. Is All Star Music safe for a mom (who is a wimp) and 2 little girls? Is there a section that may have better lighting or closer to security?

2. Are the shampoo and conditioner in room bottles affixed to the wall (large bottles) or small travel bottle provided one at a time? (Three girls with long hair use more than a tiny bottle.)

3. Are there microwaves in a standard room?

4. How often does mousekeeping visit the room?

1. We were just there last week. We were at the very back of All Star Music and walked there from the bus stop every night coming back after park close. Never felt remotely unsafe.

2. There are large bottles mounted to the wall in the shower. I think shampoo/conditioner/body wash.

3. Our room did not have a microwave (standard room).

4. We didn't have housekeeping come. When we did online check in, it asked us how often we wanted housekeeping. I believe the options were every other day or not at all for a 4 night stay. Not completely sure on that, but I do recommend doing online check in and it should give you a choice.

Question about early check in. I can see in the online check-in where I can mark to prioritize having a room ready vs. my other room choices. We are in a Preferred Room, and I have marked First Floor and Calypso. Is it total luck of the draw - if I choose early check in priority, that I could end up in the "farthest" preferred room? I am paying extra for that category so would love to get the most out of it; meaning, as close to the lobby as possible! I'd hate to nix that benefit by just asking for the earlier room...
Anyone have experience?

Question about early check in. I can see in the online check-in where I can mark to prioritize having a room ready vs. my other room choices. We are in a Preferred Room, and I have marked First Floor and Calypso. Is it total luck of the draw - if I choose early check in priority, that I could end up in the "farthest" preferred room? I am paying extra for that category so would love to get the most out of it; meaning, as close to the lobby as possible! I'd hate to nix that benefit by just asking for the earlier room...
Anyone have experience?
First of all requests are never guaranteed so you may not even end up first floor Calypso but, that being said, you have a much better shot at getting it versus requesting early room. When you do it replaces any other requests because what you want, , in effect, is the first room available in your category of preferred. The Music resort, being a rectangular shape, has a lot of walking for the standard rooms and some preferred rooms are very close to the standard ones. I would not be happy if I paid extra money only to end up a few steps closer than standard.
For example on one of our trips we were standard room bldg 8 corner room(Broadway) and as soon as I went down the side stairs and took ten or so steps I was at the Jazz bldg which is preferred.

First of all requests are never guaranteed so you may not even end up first floor Calypso but, that being said, you have a much better shot at getting it versus requesting early room. When you do it replaces any other requests because what you want, , in effect, is the first room available in your category of preferred. The Music resort, being a rectangular shape, has a lot of walking for the standard rooms and some preferred rooms are very close to the standard ones. I would not be happy if I paid extra money only to end up a few steps closer than standard.
For example on one of our trips we were standard room bldg 8 corner room(Broadway) and as soon as I went down the side stairs and took ten or so steps I was at the Jazz bldg which is preferred.

Thank you, that was my question exactly (and the answer I expected). I want to get my money's worth with the closer Preferred Room. That walk will occur every day, a couple times a day. The early check in is a small convenience on one afternoon. I'll leave it as is and hope for my requests! Thank you!

Thank you, that was my question exactly (and the answer I expected). I want to get my money's worth with the closer Preferred Room. That walk will occur every day, a couple times a day. The early check in is a small convenience on one afternoon. I'll leave it as is and hope for my requests! Thank you!
You could also call and have Calypso/First Floor Room close to Melody Hall noted on your Reservation.

Then if you are not assigned a room you like(not in Calypso,etc,) you can always call the number on your Room Text or drop by the Front Desk and politely ask them to check again-you never know what they "may" come up with.

It just depends on how much time you want to invest in room location.

You could also call and have Calypso/First Floor Room close to Melody Hall noted on your Reservation.

Then if you are not assigned a room you like(not in Calypso,etc,) you can always call the number on your Room Text or drop by the Front Desk and politely ask them to check again-you never know what they "may" come up with.

It just depends on how much time you want to invest in room location.
Thanks for this tip. Do I just call the Disney 1-800 number (as I've read there is no resort-direct phone)? Or do via a chat?

I will be running all four races during Marathon Weekend in January and I'm staying in a Family Suite....Keeping in mind that I'll be early to bed, is there a particular building/location I should request (understanding that a request is just a request and not a guarantee)?

I was thinking Building 1 (Calypso) since it's close to the busses and close to the laundry facilities but I'm a tad bit concerned about the pool noise. Thoughts?

I will be running all four races during Marathon Weekend in January and I'm staying in a Family Suite....Keeping in mind that I'll be early to bed, is there a particular building/location I should request (understanding that a request is just a request and not a guarantee)?

I was thinking Building 1 (Calypso) since it's close to the busses and close to the laundry facilities but I'm a tad bit concerned about the pool noise. Thoughts?
We were on the backside of Jazz when we stayed in a suite, and didn't notice any noise. I would think as long as you weren't on the first floor next to the pool you should be fine.

We just returned from a great stay at All Star Music (arrived evening of April 2 and left morning of April 9th.) We had a Family Suite for my husband, DS15 & I and a preferred room for my grown son and his girlfriend.

We were in Calypso bldg. 1 on the side opposite the pool- quiet but close to the lobby/bus. A great location. I had hoped for the third floor because I was worried about noise. We ended up with second floor units (just two doors down from each other!) but the only noticeable noise all week was the occasional loud door closing from who-knows which direction. Calypso building 1 is also convenient to laundry- I had to do an unexpected load.

It was AWESOME having a suite. Having two bathrooms makes mornings so much easier and it felt truly luxurious to have separate sleeping areas. We wanted a suite so the living area could serve as a gathering place for the five of us. Every night we would chill out together, enjoy a snack and discuss our priorities/plans for the next morning.

There is a blow dryer in both of the suite bathrooms.

The suite kitchenette was stocked with paper towels, paper plates, paper bowls and plastic cutlery. Having a microwave and real refrigerator was great. We brought microwave oatmeal and mac&cheese cups. I also brought Parmalat shelf stable milk so we could travel without a cooler but no have to stop on the way or get a grocery deliver. I put it in the refrigerator when we arrived and it was perfect for cereal all week.

Plenty of storage- my son was able to fit his suitcase and more right in the ottoman (in the suite "living room")!

Not only were there plenty of towels in the suite bathrooms but, amazingly, there were plenty of hooks and towel bars. We didn’t have to throw wet towels over doors to dry.

All of the cast members were friendly.

We only ate dinner at the food court on our arrival night- the salmon dinner was good. A couple of mornings I did mobile order some items to enhance our in-room breakfast. Pick up at the mobile order window is easy and efficient.

We wanted my grown son and his GF to be able to open the suite door with their magic bands- that wasn’t possible but the front desk CM cheerfully made them keycards that would do the trick.

I can’t complain about the bus service. The longest we waited for a bus was our Epcot morning- waited about 15 minutes but it just didn’t seem like a big deal. The arrival board was right, so we knew what to expect. The only time I was on a shared bus was when I returned to the resort in the middle of the day to drop off some HS purchases and then get on a bus to EPCOT (while everyone else took the skyliner from HS to EPCOT.) That said, returning to the resort one night from HS, there was quite a crowd waiting to get back to ASMu. Luckily, there was a CM obviously directing buses where needed and, as we pulled off in the second of two back-to-back buses, I saw the CM directing the remaining ASMu guests to a sparsely occupied All Star Sports bus that, I assume, then stopped at both resorts.

I can’t report on the pool except to say they were showing movies at least two nights that we were there. We expected to use the pool but ended up devoting all of our time to parks.

Overall it was a great stay and I would happily choose the same accommodations next trip!
For laundry, do you recall them being coin operated or was a card accepted? I've only every stayed at Pop and theirs are only cards. Just want to be prepared with some coins for in case we need to do a load or two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter