Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

Decided to stay here next summer with my family of four and my mom in a family suite. My brother is staying in a regular room with his wife and daughter. We haven't been here probably since the 90's either. Tell me what you feel about the family suites! We are not picky people-we've done all of the values and the moderates throughout our years going to Disney, so we aren't worried about busses or anything. Thanks!

We stayed in a family suite (with my son and his girlfriend in a nearby preferred room ) in April and were very pleased. Here are posts I made after the trip.....

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922538

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922804

Decided to stay here next summer with my family of four and my mom in a family suite. My brother is staying in a regular room with his wife and daughter. We haven't been here probably since the 90's either. Tell me what you feel about the family suites! We are not picky people-we've done all of the values and the moderates throughout our years going to Disney, so we aren't worried about busses or anything. Thanks!
We stayed in the Family Suites in 2017, prior to the updates. Honestly it was the best trip we've had. The Suites are in a prime location, so the pool, food court, bus stop are all very close by. The rooms are roomy for our family of 6. Honestly no complaints.

With the size of our family, we have almost no options at most resorts (aside from 2 bedroom DVC suites), so these rooms allow us to stay on property at a reasonable price point. This year we are staying 13 nights on September/October and can't wait to get there!

I'm debating between a family suite and a standard room for myself and 3 daughters. We will be spending little time in the room, but I'm still wondering if it is worth extra to give us more space. How are the beds in the standard room these days?

Just wondering….Are there showers/changing rooms near the pool? We have a very late flight and may want to change before heading to the airport. I know some places do.

We just booked our trip and we will be staying at All Star Music for 5 nights in a standard room.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can all help me with as this is our first time staying on property.

Our flight arrives just after midnight. What is the best way to the resort? Sunshine Flyer stops running at 11 pm. We will have our luggage with us. Would it only be Uber or Lyft?

Are there toasters in the lobby that can be used to toast my own bagels?
What brand of coffee is in the room? Are they K-pods? Do they provide take away cups? Do they provide cream (liquid or powder)?
We won't have a car this time, is there anything within walking distance in terms of grocery/restaurants?

If we want to be closeby to the elevator and shuttle bus pick up/drop off, should we request a particular building or section?
Can we request a pool view?

We just booked our trip and we will be staying at All Star Music for 5 nights in a standard room.

I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can all help me with as this is our first time staying on property.

Our flight arrives just after midnight. What is the best way to the resort? Sunshine Flyer stops running at 11 pm. We will have our luggage with us. Would it only be Uber or Lyft?

Are there toasters in the lobby that can be used to toast my own bagels?
What brand of coffee is in the room? Are they K-pods? Do they provide take away cups? Do they provide cream (liquid or powder)?
We won't have a car this time, is there anything within walking distance in terms of grocery/restaurants?

If we want to be closeby to the elevator and shuttle bus pick up/drop off, should we request a particular building or section?
Can we request a pool view?
I can help with a few things:

The one time we arrived so late, we were renting a car and it was a disaster. We waited over an hour for our vehicle and didn't get to the resort until around 130AM. I would use Uber or Lyft. I would also check to see if Minnie Vans were running at the time and consider them. Other options are to reserve a Town Car.

Joffrey's Coffee is in the room and it is the flat pods and NOT K Cups. I read that since rooms are now only being serviced every other day that stopping in the lobby and asking for coffee and coffee-related items is a good idea. It's what we plan on doing.

There is a food court at the resort but no restaurants or grocery stores within walking distance. Consider a grocery delivery from Instacart, Walmart +, Shipt, Amazon Fresh, or Garden Grocers to be delivered to Bell Services on your arrival day.

Information about room options is here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/all-star-music-resort/. More advice can be found on Touring Plans and All Ears by Googling Touring Plans All-Star Music and All Ears All-Star Music.

For a great overview of the resort, look on YouTube for Tim Tracker's resort tour.

When you booked your room, an option for a Pool View should have been available IF it was available at the time of booking.

Touring Plans has a neat service for its members where they fax specific room requests 30 days out from arrival. You can check out all the views and see which rooms they recommend in each building.

We booked a family suite for our June vacation. About five days before we left, we got a call that we had to be moved to AoA. They had overbooked AsMusic. Maybe we'll get to try next trip!

We are staying in an accessible family suites. Has anyone stayed in one of the refurbished accessible suites? I see that it has a beverage cooler vs refrigerator to make room for the accessible shower. How cold is the beverage cooler and what does it hold cans, bottles? Just trying to plan ahead.

We are staying in an accessible family suites. Has anyone stayed in one of the refurbished accessible suites? I see that it has a beverage cooler vs refrigerator to make room for the accessible shower. How cold is the beverage cooler and what does it hold cans, bottles? Just trying to plan ahead.

We stayed in one in February. It is the small refrigerator like most of the value hotels have now with the clear door. Ours kept everything cool enough. I had a gallon of milk in it (removed a shelf) and some bottled water. I will try to find photos of the room and post for you.

BABAE32A-5B02-45A6-AFF6-DB627F0BD16C.jpeg

We stayed in one in February. It is the small refrigerator like most of the value hotels have now with the clear door. Ours kept everything cool enough. I had a gallon of milk in it (removed a shelf) and some bottled water. I will try to find photos of the room and post for you.
6052CF87-1DA7-434C-BD0B-9E60ADB9E57F.jpeg

We start our stay this Tuesday and I was wondering if the beverage coolers were big enough for a gallon jug? Thanks!

Getting excited! Checking in 4 weeks from tomorrow. Haven’t stayed at Music since 2012 but have been in both POP and Movies since the refurbs so I know I’ll love it. I’ve made no room requests. Have just a standard room and really just hoping to not have a parking lot view as I’m there for 9 nights.

Any real recent experiences with grocery delivery, in particular regarding lockers or fees? Im flying in late on Saturday and plan to not hit a park until Sunday afternoon so I’ll schedule delivery Sunday morning when I can meet the delivery. Just wondering if they make you use a locker or make you pay a fee. Seems I’ve read conflicting info on this. Maybe it’s random anyhow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter