Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I don't know but could maybe the other family look to being moved back to Music since staying at the same resort seems so important to you which, of course, is very understandable. Seems a shame to waste an upgrade but for me it would be worth it as it seems your families are close. Being at the same resort all together would be a totally different vibe to your vacation (if that is what you all want). Good luck!

Didn’t have a note in the reservation, but their resort reservation was linked to mine in MDE. It is what it is at this point. Calling didn’t seem to get me anywhere. Just disappointed, not even so much about not getting an upgrade, just that we are separated now. We may just cancel our reservation and stay with friends at this point.
I’d hold onto it even if you decide to stay with friends and cancel it last minute. Because who knows why they’re doing this? Maybe they’re downsizing the amount of open rooms at the resort to account for the demand drop off? If it’s a dynamic situation like that maybe they offer you an upgrade down the road. Not much skin off your nose to hold onto the res even if you have no intention of using it (just don’t forget to cancel lol).

I just saw that I got an e-mail from DRC two days ago asking to call them regarding our reservation for late September in a standard room. Is this the typical procedure if you're about to get upgraded?

I just saw that I got an e-mail from DRC two days ago asking to call them regarding our reservation for late September in a standard room. Is this the typical procedure if you're about to get upgraded?
As an update to this: I called earlier today and we were moved to CBR. I was told that some reservations between Sept 16 and Jan 1st had been selected to be moved to another resort. So given the date it sounded like they overbooked Music specifically. The CBR room had already been put on hold before the call, so I'm not sure what happens if you refuse the resort they have on hold for you.

As an update to this: I called earlier today and we were moved to CBR. I was told that some reservations between Sept 16 and Jan 1st had been selected to be moved to another resort. So given the date it sounded like they overbooked Music specifically. The CBR room had already been put on hold before the call, so I'm not sure what happens if you refuse the resort they have on hold for you.

We're booked at Music from Dec 23-Jan 1. Patiently awaiting my upgrade. LOL :P

(Congrats!)

Thanks, but it's bittersweet because even though I've been planning to be there for the 50th for 16 years we're not allowed to enter the US yet... If that doesn't change within the next 5 weeks our upgrade is going to waste.

Oh no, I didn't see that. So sorry! Fingers crossed for you!!! 🤞

Thanks, but it's bittersweet because even though I've been planning to be there for the 50th for 16 years we're not allowed to enter the US yet... If that doesn't change within the next 5 weeks our upgrade is going to waste.

Wishing you the best! Hopefully you can enter the US by then.

Just saw a post on FB that they’re delaying opening Music (well, they said rumor). We have a reservation for 9/24-9/26. I wonder if this is true and more people will be moved?

A bunch of us have been moved over the last few days.

I was technically switched from All Star movies, to AoA, however I had just switched my reservation from music to movies when a room opened up on Saturday, and got the call Sunday that a family suite was being held for me at AoA. I suspect that was already in my account before I made the change to movies.

I was booked for 10/13.

Just saw a post on FB that they’re delaying opening Music (well, they said rumor). We have a reservation for 9/24-9/26. I wonder if this is true and more people will be moved?
Based on reports they've already moved on to October. We were moved to CBR yesterday for a late September arrival (e-mail asking to call them was sent on Friday). Given the source of the rumor I'm thinking they created it after reading our reports of getting moved....

Based on reports they've already moved on to October. We were moved to CBR yesterday for a late September arrival (e-mail asking to call them was sent on Friday). Given the source of the rumor I'm thinking they created it after reading our reports of getting moved....
Interesting. So they may not be moving everyone and still opening on time? I don’t care if we get moved or not since it’s only 2 nights but I’m just interested in how this plays out.

Interesting. So they may not be moving everyone and still opening on time? I don’t care if we get moved or not since it’s only 2 nights but I’m just interested in how this plays out.
I don't know for sure, of course, but I don't see why they would move me but not you when you're checking in before me. And @jmv223 was already moved with a check-in on 10/13.

I have a Thanksgiving week reservation at Music. I checked reservations for that week and there is nothing showing up at any resort. I called to see if I needed to be concerned and was told that Music would be opening in September and not too worry. She even put me on hold to check with higher up. Not sure if I believe it but we'll see.

We have a reservation for opening day (9/16) and haven’t heard a thing. I came here when I saw the rumor online. It seems pretty accurate. Our reservation is only one night but I hope they move us and don’t just cancel it.

I have a Thanksgiving week reservation at Music. I checked reservations for that week and there is nothing showing up at any resort. I called to see if I needed to be concerned and was told that Music would be opening in September and not too worry. She even put me on hold to check with higher up. Not sure if I believe it but we'll see.

Our reservation is the week before Thanksgiving. I noticed the same thing…no resorts available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter