• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DisneyQuest

Disneymaddness

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me something about DisneyQuest? Is it just one giant arcade? Does one person get to play as long as he wants? My fear is thay my kids will just watch other people playing. Some advice, please. Thanks!

It is a big arcade and much much more. There are regular arcade cames that are set up not to require coin. So yes if you wanted to play particular game and someone was using it you could be waiting a while.

However there are a lot of other rides/games that are Virtual reality types. These have lines like attractions. When your ride is done you have to get back on line to play again.
A lot of these are so much fun, that most people are on line at one of these rather than taking up all the time on the video games.

Hope this helps!

Cindy in NY

DisneyQuest is a lot more than just an arcade!

I have to admit, I was skeptical and not at all interested in going here. However, it rained the day my daughter and I were supposed to go to Blizzard Beach and we ended up at DisneyQuest with my husband and son.

We all had a ball!! This place is a LOT of fun! One of our favorite "adventures" was the Pirates of the Caribbean. The four of us entered the room, which was set to look up like a ships deck, and there were huge screens surrounding us on 3 sides where the scenery was projected. My husband grabbed the ships wheel and steered us through the waters, while the kids and I manned the cannons shooting the other pirate ships. In the end we had to battle a pirate ghost and blow up his ship and then you are given a score. We had so much fun we did it multiple times!! Note that you do have to leave the room and get back in line to ride again.

Another fun "adventure" is the Create Your Own Rollercoaster. You start out at a computer touch screen and select the various elements you want to include. You are then given the opportunity to ride your creation (you don't have to ride if you don't want to). You ride in a simulator and they videotape it, so that afterwards you can watch yourselves riding, flipping upside down and going from side to side. Lots of fun!

There's 5 stories of fun things to do here, including riding a magic carpet, being in a pinball game, fighting aliens, taking a jungle cruise and much more. Plus there is an area with all of the old classic arcade games that's fun to spend some time in as well. I just had to stop and play a couple of games of Centipede for old times sake. The kids discovered Galaga, Pac-Man, Q-bert and all sorts of fun games they had never heard of before. And best of all, the games were free play!

There are height requirements for some of the attractions here, so you'll want to keep that in mind if you have little ones.

Have fun!

Disney Quest is really something worth seeing and experiencing. One word of caution - I get moderate motion sickness on real rides - easily handled but at Disney Quest with all the virtual stuff - I was destroyed. I so much wanted to keep enjoying the different things like CyberSpace Mountain but I could not stomach it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter