DIsneylandForward project passes major hurdle

Note this is just zoning change approval of the Resort District for the project to move froward...not approval of construction of the project...but the zoning change of the Resort District will allow for much more expedited and streamlined approvals of construction and less red tape when it actually starts.
Thank you for the clarification, PH. I did notice the references to zoning changes in the meeting agenda but neglected to mention that earlier. Still lots of steps, but this is an important one.

Last edited:

I listened to some of the public comments last night and the objections were mostly about closing Magic Way. I think that was mentioned in the KTLA news report, too.

Disney did later address that in the meeting and stated a pedestrian path from S. Walnut would be maintained...resident's concerns aside there are quite a few hotels back there they would be stupid to cut off walking access even if Magic Way was closed.

Commissioner Perez jacked up the entire meeting making it a 6 hour marathon with insane queries for no good reason. He just loved hearing his own voice. ;)

It was interesting to hear the opposition for closure of Magic way; it no access to the parking structure, Walnut really becomes only a local bypass vs 2000 cars trying to get to parking faster.

I would have thought buying out the entire Disneyland Dr would have been the smart offer; but seeing the simple buyout of Magic Way opposition -- no way that would fly -- so two bridges to the new lands it is! I think tunnels would be so much more awesome as an arrival to Frozen and Zootopia and making a really cool transition -- they still can do with enclosure bridge too.

Thank you for the clarification, PH. I did notice the references to zoning changes in the meeting agenda but neglected to mention that earlier. Still lots of steps, but this is an important one.
Possibly the most important one.

And the purchase of Magic Way, Hotel Way and part of Clementine.
Don't they still have to have some kind of vehicle access to DLH? I mean even if they were able to buy all of the streets around they need to make deliveries, & stuff.

None of the articles I found include a map. The new land goes into the Stich parking lot and they build a new parking structure in the Downtown Disney lot? Also is this seen as a "third gate" or an extension?

None of the articles I found include a map. The new land goes into the Stich parking lot and they build a new parking structure in the Downtown Disney lot? Also is this seen as a "third gate" or an extension?

Stitch / Disneyland Hotel Parking lot -- > Disneyland extension -- presumed via bridge from Critter Country

DTD Parking lot --> DCA extension -- presumed via bridge from parade entry south of Boardwalk Pizza

Pumba Cast Member lot ---> East parking structure like MickeyFriends/PixarPals-- goal to draw out all traffic from the south with bridge over Harbor to get to gates.

Toy Story Lot ---> New entertainment hub that's modeled after Disney Springs. This CAN be a potential 3rd gate which has been often speculated, but with current DisneyForward, it's an open entertainment center.

My guess is that DTD will be eventually assimilated into DLR over years once DisneyForward is completed

And the Toy Story lot will be the new DTD.

There is a vacant lot adjacent to Garden Walk. I wonder who owns that. :scratchin

View attachment 841412
Unfortunately not Disney.. yet. ;) (oh did you mean the empty lot or Gardenwalk?)

I'm sure Toy Story will be a 3rd gate, NO WAY they build a whole entertainment area, with Garden Walk between it and the new parking lot. They just need to acquire Garden Walk at some point, but no rush/need before they do all the stuff west of the parks, & the new lot across Harbor.

Last edited:
My question is about the Budget

DCA 2.0 Was 1.1 billion this 1.9 Billion for what sounds like alot more happening, how is the budget so low considering the price of building lands and construction has only gone up since 12+ years ago?

Unfortunately not Disney.. yet. ;) (oh did you mean the empty lot or Gardenwalk?)

I'm sure Toy Story will be a 3rd gate, NO WAY they build a whole entertainment area, with Garden Walk between it and the new parking lot. They just need to acquire Garden Walk at some point, but no rush/need before they do all the stuff west of the parks, & the new lot across Harbor.
I was referring to the empty lot. I assumed Disney bought it, but I am not sure. I figure they are waiting for Garden Walk to further degrade before they swoop it up as well.

If they buy the hotels between Disney Way and Katella, they could build a 4th resort hotel.

I was referring to the empty lot. I assumed Disney bought it, but I am not sure. I figure they are waiting for Garden Walk to further degrade before they swoop it up as well.

If they buy the hotels between Disney Way and Katella, they could build a 4th resort hotel.
And that area is already permitted for timeshare. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter