Disneyland with 5 kids age 8-1 with only 2 Adults

You are correct. We have just finished our fifth day over the last week and a half. They've asked MULTIPLE times how old our daughter is. She is 7. She has been able to ride every one by herself (I ride with the 5 year old so she usually has to ride by herself).
But is she riding alone, or riding in her own seat on a ride you are also on? I don’t know that the CM’s even know what the rule is, as 8 was always enforced for us.

Age 7 and up can ride alone as long as they are tall enough, under 7 needs someone over 14.

My DS is 7 and has ridden alone, with DD (who is 11) and as single rider (on RSR so not a small ride). The CMs will ask the child how old they are, DS was asked each and every time, answered 7, and they were fine.

Last edited:
My 7 and 8 year olds rode California Screamin’ last summer by themselves multiple times and were fine! You will totally be able to make it work with your young kids. Have fun! We did the same thing with 5 kids the same ages last summer!!

A 7 year old can ride single rider. They can go on a ride completely by themselves.
A 6 year old has to be with an adult. Riding with an adult in there ride vehicle. Can usually ride in row in front of adult (like on Alice or Goofy Sky School).

A child under 7 is not allowed to ride in a separate ride vehicle without a person age 14 or older. I watched multiple times last week as the Buzz CMs stopped the ride and made families rearrange when children under age 7 were in a Buzz vehicle without someone age 14 or older. There was one time when a 7 and 6 year old were in the ride vehicle with dad and toddler in the vehicle behind. The CM stopped the ride and asked the children their ages. Only the 7 year old girl would give her age. The boy either wasn't paying attention or didn't hear or understand what he was being asked. The father started shouting to the CM asking what the hold-up was and when the CM explained the 7 and over rule, the father argued that the girl was 7 so everything was fine. The CM asked the father directly how old the boy was and there was a long hesitation. That ironically is when the boy started paying attention. The dad opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before he finally said sounding really exasperated, well, he's almost 7. The CM was really patient, so how old is he, sir? The dad finally yells 6 and the CM made the boy get into the ride vehicle with the dad. That dad was pretty ticked off.

It's definitely 7. My daughter turned 7 last June and was so excited to ride by herself. At 7 kids can do single rider. My daughter is tall for her age but they still usually ask her age if she's riding alone so let your two olders know they'll have to answer that question often. As I mentioned before when in the same ride vehicle they allowed all 3 of our kids to ride in front of us, but in a separate vehicle only our 7 year old could ride without an adult.

No advice as we're not quite there yet, but bless your heart. We have 3 - 6, 4, 2, expecting #4 - and last year my parents came with us for the first time and my husband and I both said NEVER AGAIN to going by ourselves...and that was just 3. haha. I think once you get the hang of rider switch and who can ride what it will be fine. Is your 3 year old tall? My middle boy was 40" before he turned 3, but if you've only got the older two plus the 5yo you should be good :)

I am in a similar situation and most of the time it’s fine. We do run into a problem when only 1 adult is going to ride with the little ones - under 7 has to ride with an adult. Astro orbiters won’t let you ride 3. If we try to separate for the older kids to do something else, only 1 adult with 3 littler kids is hard to find something to do sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter