Disneyland Wedding Advice

Alyssa_Nelson1994

Earning My Ears
Hello!! I need help figuring out the best way to save money but still have an elaborate wedding at Disneyland if anyone has any ideas they have done or are doing! It's getting expensive very fast haha. Thank you!!

There are various ways to save money with a Disneyland wedding, but it all depends on what you're looking to do. Do you have any additional background information about your wedding ideas and what you're looking for?

Well the ceremony and reception will both be at Disneyland. We are doing each table a different Disney movie, my dress is sparkly and poofy, everything we want to be Disney hardcore.

"Elaborate wedding" and "expensive" tend to go hand-in-hand. Like LadyD said, we'll need to know a little more about what style you want and what your priorities are. But generally some easy ways to cut costs are:

Reduce guest count
Simplify food/drink options
Reduce or simplify floral
Do a lot of DIY (don't forget to factor in the expense of having someone set it up and clean it up for you)

Does that help?

Yeah, I know it won't be super cheap, but however I can save money I plan to! For the style, we don't want it to be too childish. Still elegant, but not small details here and there for the theme. We are doing pictures in the park and having 4 characters at the wedding, those are definite priorities. I am having a hard time finding a photographer and videographer because I don't live in California, so I don't have as easy of access. You both have been very helpful by the way!!

If you are doing the early morning Castle photos in your wedding attire, you will need a DFTW preferred photographer/videographer, so that should help narrow down your choices. :)

My best suggestion is to look at pictures of Disneyland weddings on the internet (my blogs in my signature have a few, and also check the Dream Boards on the official Disney Weddings site). And then ask DFTW how much it costs to achieve that look. Going with an outside florist and DJ will also save you some money.

Yeah, I know it won't be super cheap, but however I can save money I plan to! For the style, we don't want it to be too childish. Still elegant, but not small details here and there for the theme. We are doing pictures in the park and having 4 characters at the wedding, those are definite priorities. I am having a hard time finding a photographer and videographer because I don't live in California, so I don't have as easy of access. You both have been very helpful by the way!!

Mindy pointed out the four great areas to easily save some money on.

Going with outside floral can really save you money compared to what Disney offers, as can going with an outside DJ (our DJ was less than half of what Disney charges even after the power fees and he was absolutely outstanding). Do as much DIY for decor that you can yourself can really help too (but don't fall down the expensive easy hole). We bought tons of old books (usually for less than a dollar) to use as centerpieces at our wedding, and now I have a large collection of fairytales to share with our children. If you're willing to be flexible on time of day, lunch weddings tend to be less expensive than dinner weddings because the food and beverage minimum per person is lower. Keeping your guest count low is really the key to keeping costs down for a Disneyland wedding. The food and beverage adds up fast.

Also keep in mind that the cost for the park shoot is in addition to the event minimum. So if your event minimum is 15k, the cost of the castle shoot is on top of that minimum. If you're preparing to sign your contract, see if you can get their current preferred vendor list for photo/video for the castle shoot since Mindy is correct that only the preferred vendors can do the in-park shoots. However, you do not have to use that vendor for your wedding day, so you can book someone who fits in your budget better for the wedding day if it works out that way. The package with our photographers included an engagement shoot, which they were willing to apply for our morning after castle shoot, which helped keep costs down for us.

Another trick to help keep costs down include re-using your ceremony floral/decor for the reception space. Also, the more items outside of the Disney wedding you save money on, the more money you have for the wedding itself. For example, we did our own invitations using an at home kit from Michael's for less than $50 after coupons and we created over 100 invites. Shop around for hair and makeup. if you're going to stay on property, consider staying at Paradise Pier since it is less expensive. The little cuts you make like that add up quickly so you have more money for the wedding itself.

If you're doing 4 characters, pick the pairs. Disney charges less for the pairs than 4 individual characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter