Disneyland was busy 3/27/09

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
The Spring Break crowds have arrived. I understand that the parking structure was closed in the early evening. Wait times of 40 - 120 minutes were common.

The new street party/parade was high energy. It was great to see Disney CMs holding signs and supporting the parade performers. And standing next to the Disney Executive viewing area was a great choice.

Awesome! So, what did you think of the parade? It sounds so crazy busy, especially on a Friday.

To borrow a Broadway term, you might title today (Friday) the triple threat at Disneyland:
- fireworks
- new parade
- Fantasmic (next to last night for several months)

Add in a Friday night and Spring Break for a good part of the country and - BING - it was buuuussssyyyy!

And it was a gorgeous day. What more could you want? Well, yeah, ok, other than having the place to yourself. :goodvibes

The Spring Break crowds have arrived. I understand that the parking structure was closed in the early evening. Wait times of 40 - 120 minutes were common.

The new street party/parade was high energy. It was great to see Disney CMs holding signs and supporting the parade performers. And standing next to the Disney Executive viewing area was a great choice.

I'm curious about the signs the CM's were holding. What did they say?

the last time I was there one of the CM's told us that spring break goes through 04/21/09. My kids still are not on spring break, they go the week before Easter.

We were there all this week (was in the parks from Sat - Thurs) and it was busy every day we were there! We were sad to leave the day before the new parade started but it sounds like it was busier than ever on Friday......so maybe I'm glad we missed it!

I was there yesterday too. We bounced between CA and DL and never waited longer then 40 min. (TSMM) for a ride. Both times we rode Ca. Screamin we waited 20 min. We had a 15 min. wait for Pirates at 7:30. I had built it up in my head that the crowds were going to ruin my day and all in all we had a great time and the crowds didn't dampen the spirit at all!

We are going next week and I expected it not to be crowded. When I made my dining reservations only 20 days in advance I had a choice of times for the princess lunch and the CM said it was a great time to come. Is that not true and it will actually be crowded?

I'm curious about the signs the CM's were holding. What did they say?

We were there as well (DNephew18 in it) We watched the first parade at the first stop at IASW. There were a lot of CMs, families, and friends there. Chatting with them made our 2 hour wait go faster (we wanted to be in the right spot). The signs said things like CELEBRATING THE GRAND OPENING, and things like that. Many in the audience were fellow performers who weren't permforming on the first day.

I thought it was great, but then I am a little biased.:cloud9: Very high energy and a lot of fun. :goodvibes From the time I started recording when the first performers came by to when the finished dancing, it was just under 17 minutes. My DNephew pulled my DD9 into the parade at the end to join in the conga line. They pull in quite a few people for this. She was also pulled in a little earlier to do the "twist"

If you can when it's hot, choose a shady location (there are some near IASW).We had to wait on the sunny side as that was the side DNephew would be on most. :sunny: The place was packed by IASW. :crowded:

When we crossed over to DCA (about 6 p.m.) the wait for ToT was 90 minutes. That's the longest I have ever seen. :scared1:

We are going next week and I expected it not to be crowded. When I made my dining reservations only 20 days in advance I had a choice of times for the princess lunch and the CM said it was a great time to come. Is that not true and it will actually be crowded?

It is a great time to come because of the weather, but this is high crowd season because of all of the school spring breaks.

Take advantage of the fastpass system. It will help save time waiting in lines.

Expect to have a great time with 60,000 of your closest friends. :thumbsup2

Spring Break Crowds will be busy during the entire duration of March 15 through April 19. No exceptions. Go expecting big crowds and long waits. If you live within 2hrs drive time of Disney, enjoy the luxury of avoiding this time and go when the crowds are down.

Any time is a great time to go to Disneyland! :thumbsup2 I would expect it to be quite crowded, though, unless it's raining.

The Past 2 days, not much car driven guest, just lots and lots and lots of cheerleaders and groups of kids going to disney for spring break.

Well, I had blown off using ridemax because I thought it would not be as crowded and our group has little kids (8 month, 2 yo, 3 yo) and I thought we would need to be flexible but now I think that $15 is not too big of a cost to get a few itineraries that might save us time waiting in lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter