Disneyland Trip

BANKR47

Earning My Ears
Well, we finally made it and it sure is different from the outside with DCA and DD. The inside was a blast, leaving me with the impression that this park has more to offer in a smaller space than its FLA relative. POC and SM are better than their counterparts and SM is really good, but the seating configuration is not to my liking. Fantasmic(from the balcony) was wonderful and worth a one time splurge. They do a good job hiding the customer service window, where you get the reservations behind the mural at DCA.-not all CMs knew where it was. CMs were really good and it was fun for some older folks-did miss Matterhorn! I couldn't see more than half a day in DCA for anyone who has done all of WDW. Soaring over California and California Screaming were highlights.: the coaster being among the best and Soaring was all it was supposed to be.-fun to see my wife sitting up in the air, with her feet dangling-which she hates-not to miss it.

:bounce: Glad you enjoyed your trip. I have question for you or anyone else reading this who is in the know. The Balcony viewing of Fantasmic: how much, when, where do you get the tickets and any other pertinent info you may have. I have been going to Disneyland at least once a year for over 30 years and have only just learned of the "Balcony" and would love to experience this at least once.

Thank you, Mark in socal :cool:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester::jester:

See here:
http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-Att-L-DL-ENT.asp

It's $39 per person - you have to make reservations at Guest relations outside the park VERY early on the day. The site above suggests 3 hours before Disneyland opens - that's not an exaggeration! There are only about 15 seats, but the view is fantastic (you do see the white spot from the projector bulb, but that's really minor).

They have attempted alternate seating for $1 less that isn't nearly as good. Not surprisingly, this hasn't gone over too well.

The service and desserts are wonderful. Definitely worth doing.

We did the Dessert Buffet in November 1999 and thought it was fantastic too. We got in line at 5am. This time we didn't do the buffet but from now on we will every time we decide to see Fantasmic (which we don't do each and every time we go to DL).

BANKR47 your abbreviations are a little confusing but I think you are saying that Space Mtn. is much better (I agree with you) and that Splash Mtn. is pretty good but you don't like the seating. I think Splash is better at WDW and I also like the seating there better.

California Screamin' and Soarin' over California are great, aren't they?

Thank You for the useful info. I have another question. Is the balcony open for every fantasmic show (most days they show it, they show it twice) and is it open any day they show Fantasmic or only on Saturdays.

Yes it is open for both shows. So your chances of getting one of the seats is a bit better on those days.

I think the Best FREE SEATing for Fantazmic is on the Dock for the rafts toTom Sawyers Island!! And the Best part is you don't have to get there til 1/2 hour before the show!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter