Disneyland to SNA airport traffic? How much time needed to get there & when are typical rush hours?

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
Debating between a 7:55am flight home & an 11:45 flight home.

we have tsa precheck and I generally like to show up 1 hour before boarding time.

Does 755 or 1145 flights put me in a situation where I'd be dealing with rush hour or traffic ?

we would likely go home on a Thursday morning
755,I guess we'd Leave 5:55am
1145, 945 pickup if it's about half an hour (is this an accurate estimate?)

we have tsa precheck and I generally like to show up 1 hour before boarding time.

Does 755 or 1145 flights put me in a situation where I'd be dealing with rush hour or traffic ?

At 6 am, it's about a 20 minute drive. If you leave at 9:45, it ,might creep up to 30-35 minutes.

To be honest, traffic really hasn't been an issue for us. We have arrived and left on various days of the week and times and never have been stuck in traffic. We have used Waze to check on times when leaving for the airport as a precaution

Just my personal preference, we arrive at the airport with about 2 hrs before the boarding time. I would rather be waiting at the airport killing time instead of being stuck in an Uber or whatever else might delay me in getting to the airport.

One last thing, I can do an early morning flight if we are heading to DL but getting up that early for a 7:55am flight home is not for this cowboy or should I say SpaceMan :D

To be honest, traffic really hasn't been an issue for us. We have arrived and left on various days of the week and times and never have been stuck in traffic. We have used Waze to check on times when leaving for the airport as a precaution

Just my personal preference, we arrive at the airport with about 2 hrs before the boarding time. I would rather be waiting at the airport killing time instead of being stuck in an Uber or whatever else might delay me in getting to the airport.

One last thing, I can do an early morning flight if we are heading to DL but getting up that early for a 7:55am flight home is not for this cowboy or should I say SpaceMan :D
Im thinking later flight too. That way I can pack and take it easy In the morning.
Early flight would get us home at a normal time though. Otherwise we spend all day traveling and wouldn't get home Until past dinner.

It is hard waking up for going home! Haha.

35 minutes if we leave around 930!?
Not too bad?? I'm used to wdw Mears connect with a 3 hour pickup before flight and usually about an hour for picking up at other hotels. going to need to learn to use uber or Lyft for this trip

We are also 2 hours ahead, so 755 flight is 955 our time which is not bad.

Im thinking later flight too. That way I can pack and take it easy In the morning.
Early flight would get us home at a normal time though. Otherwise we spend all day traveling and wouldn't get home Until past dinner.

It is hard waking up for going home! Haha.
You said you were leaving on a Thursday, if you don't have to work on Friday I would opt for the later flight. You get that extra time to pack and relax in the AM. If you have to work then I see an earlier flight would be best.

I got the impression that you have littles. If so, how do those flights work with their schedules? Which in turn could make it more of a stress free flight for yourselves.

You said you were leaving on a Thursday, if you don't have to work on Friday I would opt for the later flight. You get that extra time to pack and relax in the AM. If you have to work then I see an earlier flight would be best.

I got the impression that you have littles. If so, how do those flights work with their schedules? Which in turn could make it more of a stress free flight for yourselves.
I wouldn't have work Friday & dd is 5.
She's the absolute best easiest traveler since she was born, she can roll with anything. Usually falls asleep on flights if they're in the afternoon. She also can be up early and ready to fly early 😂
I think I like the possibility of her falling asleep or sleeping a full night best.

💯!! Agreed with this too! On our way to start our vacation, I would do earlier flight, but coming home, I would choose later flight if it's not a huge difference. We have flown out of SNA many times at all different times, never had major issues with traffic. If we do leave around rush hour, we'll give an extra 15 mins cushion just in case.

Not sure what your transportation situation might be, but you'll be able to use the carpool lane.

This is a good question.
For a trip from Disneyland to SNA on a Wednesday - If we leave at 4:45pm what time can we expect to arrive at the airport?

SNA isn't far at all. I think it took us 30 minutes last time from Harbor Blvd, that was on a Sunday afternoon. I would go for the later flight so you can have a more relaxing morning.

35 minutes if we leave around 930!?
Not too bad?? I'm used to wdw Mears connect with a 3 hour pickup before flight and usually about an hour for picking up at other hotels. going to need to learn to use uber or Lyft for this trip

We are also 2 hours ahead, so 755 flight is 955 our time which is not bad.
Your Uber of Lyft can get in the carpool lane on the 5 almost as soon as you get on the freeway at Katella (with some possibly slow traffic until you do, but it's only maybe 1/2 mile), and it's carpool all the way down the 5, onto the 55 and down the 55 until the 405 (leaving maybe a mile or so before you're at the airport). The 55 southbound will still be a bit slow when you get out of the carpool lane again, even at 9:30 or 10:00, but it's only for a short distance before you get onto the 405 south and immediately into the airport. About 95% of the drive on the freeway is in the carpool lane.

Your Uber of Lyft can get in the carpool lane on the 5 almost as soon as you get on the freeway at Katella (with some possibly slow traffic until you do, but it's only maybe 1/2 mile), and it's carpool all the way down the 5, onto the 55 and down the 55 until the 405 (leaving maybe a mile or so before you're at the airport). The 55 southbound will still be a bit slow when you get out of the carpool lane again, even at 9:30 or 10:00, but it's only for a short distance before you get onto the 405 south and immediately into the airport. About 95% of the drive on the freeway is in the carpool lane.
Can you give me an estimate of Uber cost from SNA to Disneyland and return. (Mid day wed and returning Sat evening around7:00)

Never used Uber before

Can you give me an estimate of Uber cost from SNA to Disneyland and return. (Mid day wed and returning Sat evening around7:00)

Never used Uber before
Depends on the size of the vehicle you need/want. Generally, I pay around $30 but it's usually no more than 2 people. As DonMacGregor mentioned, you can get an estimate online from both Uber and Lyft for the different types of vehicles they have for your route. With the app, it's super easy and shows you the car on its way to you, how close it is, what kind of car, license number and who the driver is.

You can also take a taxi. There used to be a flat rate but I'm not sure they still have that. You can check the Yellow Cab website. It's around $45+ I think but it's been a while so I'm ont sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter