Disneyland to Hollywood on public transit?

pdxJolene

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm hoping someone can help me out... I need to know how to get from Disneyland to Hollywood on a bus... NOT a tour bus (Sorry, I'm not paying $40+ for someone to give me a ride, when a public bus can do the same thing for a few bucks.) I just can't seem to find directions! I can get into LA, but I'd rather go directly to Hollywood, lets just say the kodak theater for a reference point. Any ideas? :)

To get to the Kodak Theatre you can take the Red Line subway from downtown LA to the Hollywood/Highland station.

To get to downtown LA you can either take the MTA #460 bus from DLR, or Metrolink from Anaheim or Fullerton stations. I mention Metrolink because the subway fare is included in the train fare. If you take Amtrak (same stations) then it's not included.

You can get to Anaheim station by taking Art route #15 or the OCTA #50 bus. Alternatively you can get to the Fullerton station by taking the #43 bus northbound on Harbor Blvd. You save a bit by using the Fullerton station since it's closer to L.A. Or you can get to either train station via taxi of course.

I've done the trip between Anaheim & Hollywood on public transportation many a time. If you can manage to take the Metrolink, rather than the 460 bus, it's definitely a shorter (and more pleasant, IMO) ride. The only problem with that is, the Metrolink doesn't run nearly as often as the bus does. Once you get to Union Station (downtown L.A.), you just get off the Metrolink and walk through Union Station to catch the Red Line, which lets off on Hollywood & Vine, and also Hollywood & Highland (next to the Chinese Theater, the Disney ice cream shop, and the Hollywood & Highland mall).

Great replies and I don't need to add anything other than Metro Link from Fullerton is way easier and a dream compared to the 50 bus and then a LOOONG walk across the Angel Stadium parking lot.

LuxBus America and Starline Tours offer one way or round trip transfers from Anaheim as well.

I did the 460 to Norwalk, etc. with my boys and it was a little scary in some parts. I wouldn't do it again (even though I'm 6'4" and 300lbs).

Have a great ride and a fun day!

Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter