Disneyland Rope Drop question

PaulaL

Earning My Ears
Hello all Disneyland veterans,

I will be at Disneyland for one day in March (a Sunday). I've been to Disney World quite a few times but I am wondering what the mornings routine is at Disneyland? Do you get to go in early and walk up Main Street? Is there an opening show? It's opening at 8:00 that day...how early should I get there to get through security and be ready to start my day when the park opens?

I am very excited to see Disneyland. I wish I had more than a day but I am grateful I get to go. any suggestions for what to do with one day at the park? Things not to miss?

I look forward to any and all suggestions and advice. :)

Get there a minimum of 30 minutes before opening, an hour if you can manage. Sundays are busy. They typically open the gates 10-15 minutes before opening at Disneyland if they're having a rope drop, which on a busy Sunday they should. Sometimes the rope is at the end of Main Street. And sometimes there are multiple ropes blocking of the entrances to each land. Either way you have to wait until the official announcement comes over the loud speakers and then they'll "drop" the ropes. (They actually roll them up).

There is no park opening show. I agree that you need to get there by 7:30 - preferably 7:15 or 7:20. Since there is no show, they do not hold you at the tunnels at DL, once you're in, you go all the way to the hub, or end of Main Street, depending on where they have the ropes that day.

My normal is: parking garage 1.5 hours before opening, at gates an hour before opening, they will start letting people onto Main Street 30 mins before opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter